Joker's Little Girl

You have to choose, Batman

After mine and Bruce’s talk, he dropped me back off at the house and left without a word. He knew that I told the truth. My father wanted his blood and was never going to stop until he got it.

The next couple of days I watched the news. I watched as my father shot Gordon at the ceremony. I watched as Dent told the world he was Batman. And I watched as my father, my brothers and the rest of his goons climbed into a truck with Slaughter on the side.

My father kissed my head before climbing into the back. Same with my four brothers.

“Bane will take care of you, Jinxy.” My father said as he leaned out of the back sliding door of the truck.

“You make it sound like this will be the last time I see you.”

“It probably will be. So I want you to go with Bane and listen to him. He will protect you from now on.” My father grabs my hands before kissing them. “I love you, Jezebel.”

“I love you too, Daddy.”

He lets go of my hands and slam the door shut. The truck drives away as I fall to the ground. I felt Kara hold me in her arms as we both cried. Me for my father and brothers. While she cried for Draven. We both knew that was the last time we are probably ever going to see them.

*3rd person*

The Joker looked up as now Commissioner Gordon walked into the integration room. Harvey Dent went missing and according to everyone, it’s the Joker’s fault.

Batman stood behind Joker, in the shadows as Joker and Gordon talked. Harvey was missing, Rachel was missing. And now Jezebel was missing. Bruce went by the house he dropped her off at a couple of days ago, only to see it was completely empty. Well not completely, there were some dead bodies lying on the ground. And one item he knew belonged to Jezebel. A necklace. The necklace that was always on the young woman’s neck. Bruce took it and it was now clipped around his wrist under the suit.

He knew that Bane character has her. Either he kidnapped her or he was working with Joker. It’s probably the second one.

Once Gordon left, the lights turned on. Joker blinks as the harsh light blinds him. Batman shoves Joker’s face down and it bounces off of the metal table in front of him.

“Never start with the head… victim gets fuzzy… can’t feel the next-” he is cut off by the Batman’s hand smashing his fingers onto the metal table. Yet he doesn’t feel a thing. “See?”

The Joker was calm inside and out. Nothing can hurt him anymore. The Bat and Gotham can’t use nothing against him. His Jinxy was safe high up in the air on a plane with Bane and Kara. She can’t be used against him and she can’t be hurt by this man in front of him.

“You wanted me. So here I am.”

“I wanted to see what you would do. And you didn’t disappoint.” The laugh as loud and crazed. “You let five people die. Then you let Dent take your place… Even to a guy like me… that’s cold…”

“Where’s Dent?”

“Those mob fools wanted you gone so things can go back to the way things were. But I know the truth- there is no going back. You’ve changed things. Forever.”

“Then why do you want to kill me?”

The Joker starts LAUGHING. After a moment he's laughing so hard it sounds like sobbing.

“Kill you? I don't want to kill you. What would I do without you? Go back to ripping off Mob dealers? No you...” Joker points at the Bat with a sick smile on his scarred lips. “You. Complete. Me.”

“You're garbage who kills for money.”

“Don't talk like one of them- you're not, even if you'd like to be. To them you're a freak like me... they just need you right now.” He regards Batman with something approaching pity. “But as soon as they don't, they'll cast you out like a leper.” The Joker looks into Batman's eyes. Searching. “Their morals, their code... it's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. You'll see- I'll show you... when the chips are down, these civilized people... they'll eat each other.” The Joker grins another sick and twisted smile. “See, I'm not a monster... I'm just ahead of the curve.”

Batman grabs the Joker and pulls him upright. Batman hoists the Joker up by the neck and slams him into the wall behind him.

“Where's Dent?” Batman growled out once more

“You have these rules. And you think they'll save you.”

“I have one rule.”

“Then that's the one you'll have to break. To know the truth.”

“Which is?” The Batman was confused but he tried to hide it. Just like he is trying to hide his anger.

The Joker smiles once more before speaking again. “The only sensible way to live in this world is without rules. Tonight you're going to break your one rule...”

Batman leans in to the Joker and darkly said. “I'm considering it.”

“There are just minutes left- so, you'll have to play my little game if you want to save...” He pauses to torment the Bat some more. “...one of them.”

“Them?” Batman was even more confused now.

“For a while I thought you really were Dent, the way you threw yourself after her.”

Batman drops the Joker and rips up a bolted-down chair. Batman jams the chair under the doorknob. Batman walks back over to Joker and picks him up. Batman hurls him into the two-way glass. The glass spiders but doesn’t break.

The Joker, bleeding from nose and mouth, LAUGHS at Batman.

“Look at you go... does Harvey know about you and his little boo?”

The Joker smashes into the wall and slides to the floor. Batman stands over him, a man possessed.

“WHERE ARE THEY?!”

He grabs the Joker, holding him close.

“Killing is making a choice...”

Batman punches the Joker across the face. HARD.

“WHERE ARE THEY?!”

The Joker FEEDS off Batman's anger. Loving it.

“...you choose one life over the other. Your friend, the district attorney. Or his blushing bride-to be.”

Batman punches the Joker again. The Joker laughs, hysterically.

“You have nothing. Nothing to threaten me with. Nothing to do with all your strength...” The Joker spits a tooth out of his mouth. “But don't worry, I'm going to tell you where they are. Both of them, and that's the point- you'll have to choose.”

The Batman stares at the Joker.

“He's at 250 52nd Boulevard. And she's on avenue X at Cicero.”

Batman drops him on the floor. But as he is walking away he turns and looks down at the laughing clown.

“And I do have something to threaten you with.”

The Joker stops laughing immediately after he heard those words. “No you don’t. Jinxy is up, up and away from Gotham. You can never use her against me. And you never will. She is protected and you can’t get her.” Joker looks at the Bat and smiles. “Are you happy now? Are you happy now that she will never be yours?” he licks his lips before sitting up and leaning against the wall. “You see just because you never told her about you and Rachel, doesn’t mean she never knew. Jezzie wanted you to choose… to choose between her or Rachel and you chose Rachel.”

“I never chose Rachel. I love Jezzie.”

“No you see you chose Rachel by standing here. Jezzie isn’t in the air yet. She is sitting on a plane waiting to see who comes and get her. Either it’s you or me… or Bane as he announces that they are leaving. She is waiting and you are here asking about Dent and his little bitch.”

Joker smiles as the Bat finally understood what the test meant to Jezebel.

“So who is it going to be? Who are you going to get? Rachel or Jezebel?”

The Joker watched with darken eyes as the Batman walked out of the room.

Batman races past Gordon and climbed onto his bike.

“Which one are you getting?”

Batman looks over at the Joker. Maybe this is finally the time I can have Jezebel as mine. If I get there on time, she can be mine. Jezebel would stay with me and we could be happy together.
♠ ♠ ♠
THREE CHAPTERS IN A ROW!!!!!!!

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!!