Joker's Little Girl

What happened, Daddy?

I woke up two hours later with my music shut off, Butch being nowhere in sight and my black furry throw on top of my body.

Im gonna take a ‘guess’ at what happened:

1.Daddy needed Butch for a job.

2.Heard my music, sucked on his scars while shaking his head.

3.Turned off my music, turned around saw me probably freezing.

4.Threw the blanket on me, patted my head.

5.And then left to go kill someone.

But that’s how it always is.

Daddy takes my dog, makes fun of my music and THEN takes care of me.

My father will never change.

I walk into my kitchen and put on a kettle of water to boil. I reach into my cabinet and take out a packet of French vanilla hot chocolate.

I was in the middle of mixing in the milk, powder and water when my ‘front door’ slammed open. I quickly reached under my kitchen table and pulled out the shotgun that daddy makes me keep under there.

I walk over to the kitchen entrance and take aim at the front door. But I sigh and relax my stance when I saw Draven standing there with his arms in the air screaming “don’t shoot”.

I shake my head and walk back into the kitchen. I put the gun back under the table and finish mixing my hot chocolate.

“So why were you aiming a shotgun at my head? I thought you loved me.” Draven pouts at me while stealing one of the sugar cookies I bake this morning.

“I do love you but I thought you were someone else.” I reply while taking a sip of my hot coco. Mm I love this drink.

“Who did you think it was?” I shake my head as he asked me that with a mouthful of cookies.

“Ok one gross and two I thought you were someone trying to get back at my father.” I take a cookie before Draven finishes them all.

“You’re too paranoid. You really need to relax.” I smack him in the head and walk out.

I walk into my bedroom and change into short shorts and a tank with Cookie Monster on it after I wash off my makeup. I brush my hair out before throwing it in a messy ponytail.

I start thinking about what Draven said. Im not paranoid. Ok yes I am but you would be too if you were the Joker’s daughter. To a lot of people im his only weakness. If you get me, you get my father. But in reality me being his only child, makes him stronger. He kills more violent when im in danger. Not a lot of people know im Joker’s daughter, they think my father is some heartless being who can’t love and is an asshole. And yes it is all true but not when it comes to me. I get to see him when he’s down, I see him when he’s hurt, when he’s confused. I get to see the side of him nobody, not even mother who loved him with all of her heart, sees. But just because nobody knows who my father is, doesn’t mean im gonna chance it. This is my LIFE we are talking about.

I walk into the kitchen and put my empty cup into the sink, also the empty plate that was full of cookies a minute ago. He really likes making my life harder. Drave knows that I hate cleaning.
I sigh and walk into the living room couch where I see Draven’s black and red hair sticking up from. I crawl next to him and lay my head on his beefy thigh. Draven starts to rub my arm soothingly.

I look at the TV and giggle when I saw that he was watching SpongeBob Squarepants. I have no problem with SpongeBob; I actually love that little underwater sponge. But it really is a funny sight seeing a 26 year old beefy man watching a kids show.

We stay up watching re-runs of SpongeBob till dad comes in here around 12 at night.

I look up to see him looking tired with blood dripping off of his purple coat. Butch comes in after him and plops down on his doggy bed.

“What happened tonight, Boss?” Draven asks before I can. I nod my head at his question and watch as my father sighs heavily then shakes his head.

“Daddy, is something wrong?” This is really weird considering daddy loves talking about his kills.

“Jackson got shot in his right shoulder.” Daddy finally says after minutes of silence. I gasp and start to tear up a bit.

“Is my brother ok, Boss?” I look over to see Draven looking at my father with a worried expression. I wrap my arms around his neck and place my chin on his head.

“I don’t know the details but I know Victor was the one who brought him in once we were able to get away from the cops. I told him to call if something happened and he only called once to say that Jackson was in surgery.”

I start crying now. I lean away from Draven and curl up in the corner of the couch.

I can’t believe it; one of the men I look up to just got shot.

I sob so loud that it wakes Butch up. He carefully trots over to the couch and jump up on top of it. Butch places his head on my knees and close his eyes. I bury my face into his doggy neck and cry.

I feel someone running their fingers through my hair. I know it’s my father who’s behind me. This is how my father always calmed me down when I cry. I lean into my father’s chest and close my eyes.

The last thing I feel before I drift into a cry induced sleep was someone kissing my forehead before pulling a blanket over me.