Joker's Little Girl

Jackson

I wake up the next day with Butch’s face in mine and on my bed. I rub my crusty eyes when I walk into the living room to see my father’s greasy green hair on the arm of my couch. I smile softly and walk into the kitchen where Draven is sleeping on the table. I grab a glass of water and walk away shaking my head. That man can be so stupid sometimes.

Im about to go back into my room when I saw something brown move on my floor in front of my TV. Thinking it’s a mouse I grab a broom and just when I was gonna hit it, it moved. I low the broom when I saw Damien’s sleeping face on my playboy bunny pillow. I put the broom back and walk back into my room.

Butch lifts his head when walked in and then goes right back to sleep. I pet his large head before kissing it. I go into my bathroom and take a shower.

I walk out an hour later wrapped up in a large black towel with a smaller white one on the top of my head. I go to my closet and try to decided what kind of day is today.

I look at my pink Victoria Secret sweatpants and deiced it’s a lazy/comfy day.

I take them, a black loose cropped shirt, my black ED HARDY flip flops and matching pink with black bra and panties. I put all of that on and walk back into my bathroom. I brush my hair out and put it up with a black butterfly clip. I don’t put on any makeup but I do grab my large black Gucci sunglasses and walk out of my room with Butch following.

I kick Dame in the arm and then push his youngest brother off of my table. I quietly telling them I want to go see Jackson and to get ready as fast as they can. They nod their head and leave, not even pushing each other.

I whistle for Butch and clip is black lease on his chain dog collar. I quickly walk him and take him back. I hear the other dogs barking thinking im taking them out. But im not, I don’t hate those dogs but they aren’t mine so they aren’t my reasonability. I go back to my loft with Butch following closely behind me.

Dad is still sleeping and I know I can’t leave to go anywhere without telling him first. I gently shake his shoulder before quickly jumping back and around the coffee table. Dad always starts swinging and stabbing when he is woken up. That how we lost about 10 men already.

Dad shoots up from the couch and looks around wildly for the person who woke him up.

“Daddy?” He relaxes and sits back down on the couch when he hears my voice. I go and sit on my dad’s lap with my feet right next to his leg that im not sitting on. Dad smiles softly down at me and wraps his arms tightly around my small frame. I don’t tell him that im going out. He doesn’t ask why im dressed to go out. I think he knows im gonna go see Jackson.

Jackson.

The man who held me when my 4 year old self was crying because her Daddy was taken away from her for the first time.

The man who let me stay with him that night, curled up under 3 blankets while holding my stuffed dog, Bullet, that Daddy got me when I was first born, tightly to my chest while crying out for my father.

Jackson, who held my hand when I broke my arm when I was 8. I was trying to chase the cop car that my father was in the back of.

Jackson, who sang Barney and Elmo songs to me when I was younger.

Jackson who still sits through all of my favorite Disney movies.

Jackson is the sweetest, kindest, gentlest man I know. I trust me I know a lot of men.

I have no idea what I would do without Jackson.

I would probably be dead or something since I still run after cop cars that hold my father and he is the only one who stops me and holds me while I cry.

I didn’t even know I was crying for Jackson till Dad wipes away my tears. I bury my head in his green vest and breathe in my father’s scent.

Draven comes up and tells us it’s time to go. Me and my father get up and Daddy takes my hand. We silently walk downstairs and outside to the blacken out truck that Damien is in the driver seat of. Dad opens the back door for me and kisses my head. He closes the door and speaks to Draven before walking back into the building.

The car ride is deadly silent and fast. We park close to the hospital and get out.

I walk in between my two brothers with my head down. I don’t want people to feel bad for me when the see my bloodshot eyes from crying too much. I sit down in one of the waiting room chairs while the brothers go to the desk to ask about Jackson. It takes forever because there are a lot of people here and I don’t even think the nurse at the desk is doing anything. I go up to Draven and tell him that I was gonna go to the vending machine. He tells me to be careful and Im not even in the mood to make a sarcastic comeback. I walk over to the machines and get a bottle of water and a small bag of chocolate chip cookies.

Im not watching where im going, too busy thinking about Jackson and I run right into someone.

“Im so sorry. Are you ok?” I hear a very deep but sexy voice. I look up and into the most beautiful brown eyes I have ever seen.

Wait eyes belong to a face.

And holy fucking shit, that face is one of Bruce Wayne.