Status: This is a work in progress, again please be nice in your comments. This is my first Ghost Adventures story :)

The Ghosts of Your Past Haunt Me

-015-

“KATIE!” I heard Hailey scream.

“What’s going on?” I asked Katie, concern evident in my voice.

She shrugged, “I don’t know.”

Katie looks up from the computer screen and I hear Hailey ask if she can talk to her.

“Give me just a sec, babe,” she says, sitting the computer down on the couch.

I sigh and look over at Nick, “What’s going on?”

He avoids looking me in the eyes and shrugs, “I don’t know.”

I narrow my eyes at him, “Spill it Groff.”

He sighs, “Look don’t be mad okay? But Hailey saw the shadow thing again at our house when Katie was in the bathroom. She got Katie out of the bathroom before anything happened. She feels like something eerie is lurking over her. She doesn’t know what yet, but she said that she’s going to find out.”

Before I could say anything, Katie came back into view, a distressed look on her face.

I composed myself before speaking, “You okay?”

She nodded, “Yeah I’m fine. I have to go though, okay? I’ll text you later.”
I closed my eyes and sighed, “Is there anything you want to tell me?”

I opened my eyes and saw that she was fiddling with her ring, “Just trust me and don’t worry about anything okay? I’ll be fine.”

I let out a gush of wind; I didn’t even know I was holding my breath, “Okay. I love you. Text me later and let me know you’re okay.”

She smiled, “I will baby. I love you.”

“I love you too,” I replied before we both exited out of the call.

I shut my laptop and looked up at Nick. He looked guilty.

“Nick you did the right thing by telling me cause obviously my fiancée is too stubborn to tell me,” I couldn’t help but smile as I said ‘fiancée’.

Nick scratched the back of his neck, “I know, but I feel like I’ve betrayed Hailey. She didn’t want you to know because she knew how upset and worried you’d be. Same reason Katie didn’t tell you.”

I sighed, nodding my head, “I know. I can’t help that I worry about her. You and Aaron of all people know how dangerous this is.”

He nodded his agreement, “I know. I worry about Hailey too. Even more than usual now because she’s pregnant.”

I walked over to him and patted his shoulder, “I can’t imagine how frustrating it is to be away from her while she’s pregnant. You know if you want to go back you can, we can find someone to take over for you so you can be with Hailey.”

Nick smiled up at me, “Thanks man.”

I walked into my room and shut the door before walking over to the bed and laying back on it. I let out a heavy sigh as I closed my eyes. I hope they were safe. I knew they were probably planning to do an EVP session and probably set up a camera. I couldn’t help, but smile at the thought. They had been taught well so I know they’d do it right. My smile faded though as I thought about Katie trying to provoke whatever it was. Soon I drifted off into a fitful sleep.

Katie’s POV

Hailey and I had gathered some of Nick’s back up equipment and were sitting in the living room. We had an digital recorder, his extra Mel-meter, a digital camera, a video camera, and salt. The salt was my idea because I’ve watched enough Supernatural to know that it comes in handy.

“Tell me again why we need the salt?” Hailey asks giggling.

I roll my eyes, but smile to show I’m joking, “According to Supernatural it can come in handy.”

She nods and doesn’t press it further. We start setting up for the EVP session. I take the video camera and set it up on the tri-pod about a foot away from us so it can capture us and anything that comes around us. Once it’s set up, I turn it on and set it to night vision before pressing the record button. Once that’s done, I take the salt and start to make a circle around Hailey and I.

“Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! I am NOT letting you sprinkle that shit on my floor,” she snaps snatching the salt of my hand.

I stick my tongue out at her, “Fine. Then we’ll do without it. If I get possessed though, I’m so punching you in the face.”

She giggles, “Stealing my lines, eh?”

I shrug, “It happens.”

Since there was nothing left to actually set up, I grabbed the Mel-meter and the digital camera and Hailey grabbed the digital recorder.

“Ready?” I ask her.

She nods, “Let’s do this.”

With that we begin in the living room, Hailey starts asking questions first and I walk around the living room snapping pictures to see if I can get a picture of the mist; we had turned off the lights so the video camera would pick up better. As I walked back around to where Hailey was I snapped another pictures and almost dropped the camera at what I saw.

“Hailey,” I whispered.

“What?” she whispered back.

I swallowed hard, “I-it’s right behind you.”

I could make out that she was slowly turning around.

“What do you want?” she asked aloud so that the recorder would pick it up.

Very clearly, right in front of Hailey and I both we heard a hoarse, evil voice say, “Katie.”

I dropped the camera as the Mel-meter spiked up to a 15.9. My vision started to get blurry and it felt as though something was taking over my body.

“H-hailey!” I managed to choke out, “Help!”

I felt arms wrap around me and I was moving. That was the last thing I remember before every thing went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh no! Something has got Katie, but did it actually possess her?