Status: This is a work in progress, again please be nice in your comments. This is my first Ghost Adventures story :)

The Ghosts of Your Past Haunt Me

-043-

When I returned home, Zak was sitting on the couch watching TV with Gracie lying across his lap.

"Hey babies," I smiled.

Gracie jumped off the couch and ran over to me. I bent down so I could pet her and recieve kisses on my cheek. I stood back up and pulled out the new chew toy I had bought her while I was at the store.

"Here ya go girl," I said giving her the toy.

She took it in her mouth and ran off with it. I giggled and picked up my bags and headed towards the stairs.

"You okay babe?" I asked Zak, noticing that he looked a little different.

He nodded, "Yeah I'm fine."

I shrugged and walked up the stairs to our room. I placed my bags on the bed along with my purse and phone. I dug through them and pulled out the stuff that wasn't party supplies. I had been shopping for Hailey's baby shower. Once I had all of my stuff out, I placed the bags in the corner with the rest of the supplies. I walked back over to the bed and picked up my stuff. I had bought a few things of new make up, a new pair of sunglasses, a new bikini, and a new pair of flip-flops.

As I was putting my things away, I heard the doorbell ring. I knew Zak would get it so I continued what I was doing. Once everything was put away, I headed downstairs to see who was at the door. As I reached the last step, I heard Zak and Nick talking in hushed voices.

"Hey Nick," I smiled walking into the living room.

He returned the smile, "Hey Katie."

I wrapped my arm around Zak's waist and kissed his cheek, "Where's Hailey?"

"She's at the house. Packing," he answered.

I gave him a confused look, "Packing? For what?"

Zak smiled down at me, "How would you like to go on a vacation?"

I squealed, "Really? Where?"

"Phoenix, Arizona," Nick answered.

I grinned, "That'd be so great! When do we leave?"

Zak looked up at Nick for an answer, "We have to call and make our reservations, but I'm sure we can fly out today."

I threw my arms around Zak's neck and hugged him tightly. He let out a hiss, which sounded like he was in pain. I loosened my grip and pulled back.

"You okay?" I asked, concern in my voice.

He nodded, "Yeah babe, I'm fine."

I looked at him for a moment. I could tell something was wrong, but I didn't know what. I let it got and pulled my arms from around his neck.

"I'll go pack while you guys set up the reservations. Is Aaron and Sharron coming?" I asked.

Nick shook his head, "No I already called them. They're going to the mountains for their second honey moon."

I frowned, "Oh okay. Well I'll be upstairs. Need me to pack for you babe?"

Zak nodded, "If you don't mind."

I nodded and headed back upstairs. I entered our bedroom and walked over to our closet. I pulled out Zak and I's suitcases and placed them on the bed. I walked back over to the closet and began picking out outfits. Once I had as many as I thought we'd need, I placed them neatly in our suitcases then went back to the closet for shoes. Seeing as Phoenix was like Vegas with the heat, I packed mostly flip flops, including my new ones, for myself and a few for Zak, but mostlysneakers for him. Once I had them packed, I also packed a few swim suits, along with my new one, for us cause I knew we'd mostly like go swimming at some point.

After the clothes had been packed, I grabbed my toiletries bag and started putting our toothbrushes, toothpastes, etc. in the bag. Once it was packed, I placed it in Zak's suitcase cause mine was already full. I zipped them both up and picked them up headed downstairs. Once I had the suitcases downstairs, I walked back upstairs to grab my purse and phone. I picked my purse up off the bed and tossed my phone inside before walking over to the closet again and grabbing my new sunglasses off the dresser. I noticed something out of the corner of my eye, a shirt that was in the dirty clothes hamper was covered in blood.

I picked it up and realized it was Zak's shirt. Blood covered the front and the back, making it hard for to tell where he'd been bleeding. Panic shot through my body. I placed the shirt back in the hamper and sighed, what if there was something that he wasn't telling me? I shook my head, no he'd tell me. He always has. That's why he bitched at me so much for not telling him things. I shook my head again and headed out of the room. Nick and Zak were waiting when I reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Ready to go?" Zak asked with a smile.

I smiled back, "You bet."

We headed out of the house and Zak locked it up behind us. We climbed into Nick's Challenger and pulled out of the drive way. Nick put it in gear and sped off towards his house. I smiled as I thought about the vacation ahead of us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Katie