Status: This is a work in progress, again please be nice in your comments. This is my first Ghost Adventures story :)

The Ghosts of Your Past Haunt Me

-046-

After slipping into my skinny jeans and bathing suit. I slipped my swollen feet into the flip-flops as I took and looked at my appearance. I frown as I walk out of the bedroom and down the stairs. I walk out onto the patio to see Katie sitting on the pools edge in deep thought.

Walking over I balance myself as I sit beside of her after taking my flip flops off. I push my jean legs up and look over at her. She gives me a weak smile as she lets tears fall from her eyes, “What’s wrong?” I ask her grabbing her hand and patting it.

“Zak lied to me.” She whispers looking down at the bright blue and mixture of white and dark blue pool water.

“Lied?” I question her as she looks up nodding her head.

“A demon followed him home, I suppose. He had these huge gashes down his chest and stomach.” She frowns.

“Nick lied to me too, and had gashes on his chest and stomach.” I frown along with her as we look out at the water. “What are we going to do? We can’t keep having spirits following them home.” I sigh.

“I know what you mean, the worrying is getting to me that I am afraid of my own home.” Katie admits.

I nod my head as we sit there. I look down at my ring twirling it on my finger. I didn’t want to bring my twins up in a world where their father was being attacked by something. I sigh heavily again as I close my eyes and reopen them letting the tears fall. “What about my twins?” I look at Katie. “They can’t be brought into a world where their father is being attacked by a demonic spirit and their uncle.” I cry out wiping my eyes and sighing heavily.

Image

Nick

I sigh over hearing Katie and Hailey talking. I turn around and go straight for the fridge grabbing a beer out. I begin chugging it as I put the bottle down on the counter. I wipe my mouth and frown. Out of the corner of my eye I see Zak doing the same thing in suit. He looks at me, “What’s up bro?” He asks.

I shrug, “I overheard Hailey talking to Katie.” I say leaning into the counter.

“About?” Zak asks finishing his beer off.

“The babies, the demon that attacked me. Putting it all together, it sounds like she’s going to leave me.” I frown downing the rest of the beer down and grabbing another.

I wanted to forget this all. I wanted to get the thoughts out of my head. Get the demonic spirit gone and away from me. I was to the point I wanted a normal life. I grabbed a couple beers and went upstairs to the bedroom shutting the door. One by one I chugged them down till everything was completely fuzzy. Everything seemed so funny to me.

‘Nick… I hate Nick… Groff…’

Jumping at the sound of that I turn around to see the apparition there. It was free floating and dark. I push myself back against the wall as I attempt to grab the recorder. But it’s gone. I take a deep breath standing there in shock. This damn thing had followed me on vacation with my friends and fiancée. I sigh heavily sliding down the wall and breaking into tears.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hailey

Comment? Subscribe? Recommend?