Status: This is a work in progress, again please be nice in your comments. This is my first Ghost Adventures story :)

The Ghosts of Your Past Haunt Me

-051-

I sat next to Hailey as she slept soundly in the hospital bed. Tears streamed down my face as I held her hand, I didn't have a soul to call. After Hailey fell, I picked up her phone and explained to her mom that something was happening and I'd have to call her back. Once again the doctor said Hailey was under too much stress and that she was lucky she hadn't lost the babies. I looked down at my phone and fresh tears fell from my eyes. I flipped it over in my lap so I didn't have to look at the picture.

My phone suddenly started going off and I picked it up. It was Hailey's mom.

"Hey Mrs. Raines," I answered.

"How is she?" she choked out.

I wiped my eyes, "She's asleep at the moment. The doctor said she was under too much stress."

Alice sniffed, "Katie, I'm coming out there. Hailey needs me and if you know what's good for you, you'll get your father out there too. It's not easy trying to start over with no one there to talk to."

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair, "I know, but I'm afraid if I ask my dad to come out here he'll tell Zak. How are you going to get past Mr. Raines? He'll find out where you're going."

"Don't you worry about me. Just call Dennis and at least let him know where you are. I'm sure he won't say anything to Zak if you ask him not to," she assured me.

I knew she was right. My dad deserved to know where I was at least.

"Okay I'll tell him. Let me know when you get a flight out and when it lands. I'll pick you up from the airport," I replied.

We said our good byes and hung up. Just as I was about to call my dad, I recieved a message.

'Are you hiding something from me?'

I froze. My mind went blank. I didn't know how to respond. I finally just exited out of the message and called my dad. I explained to him that he could not tell Zak or Nick where we were. I made him promise he wouldn't before I actually told him where we were. I didn't tell him the exact location, but I told him we were somewhere in Alaska. I tried to explain that it was a demon that had made us leave, but he sounded like he didn't believe me so I let it go.

After the phone call with my dad, I decided to get something to eat from the cafeteria.

Image

Zak

My phone rang and I jumped up to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Zak it's Dennis. I just got off the phone with Katie," he started, but I cut him off.

"Is she okay? Where are they?"

He cleared his throat and I stopped talking.

"She and Hailey are in Alaska. She didn't say exactly where, but I know that's where they are. She also said something about Hailey being in the hospital. Apparently she's overstressed and she nearly lost the twins," he finished.

Alaska? She definitely wanted to get away. Nick was going to flip when he found out Hailey was in the hospital and that she almost lost the twins.

"D-did she tell you why they left?" I asked, my voice barely a whisper.

He sighed, "Yeah some bullshit about a demon or something told them to. Are you sure you didn't do something to her?"

My blood boiled. I knew she was fucking hiding something. I fucking knew it!

"I promise you I didn't sir. Thank you for telling me, I greatly appreciate it, but I have to go take care of something," I said before hanging up.

He was probably going to be pissed, but I didn't care at the moment.

"Nick!" I yelled getting up from the bed.

I walked out the door and called for him again, "NICK!"

He came bursting out of his room, obviously livid, "What the hell, bro?"

"Hailey's in the fucking hospital!" he shouted.

"How the fuck did you know?"

He pinched the bridge of his nose, "Alice just called me."

"Dennis just called me," I retorted.

We looked at each other for a moment.

"They want us to be together," we said in unison.

I never thought I could love Dennis any more than I did in this moment. He actually wanted me to be with Katie. I silently thanked him as Nick and I planned out what we were going to do to get them back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bum, bum, bum.
So the parents told Zak and Nick... Uh oh.
Anyways, fifty-one chapters!!!
Thank you guys sooo much for your comments and your love! And a very special thank you to fiction; for writing this with me, I honestly wouldn't have made it this far without you <3<3 So much love to you for that.

Image

I don't know who the chicks are or where Nick is, but Zak's face just made me forget all of that completely :D

Image

0.o