Status: This is a work in progress, again please be nice in your comments. This is my first Ghost Adventures story :)

The Ghosts of Your Past Haunt Me

-053-

Zak

Relief radiated from Nick as he ended the phone call with Mrs. Raines.

"Hailey okay?" I asked with concern.

Nick nodded as he ran his hands over his face, "Too much stress."

I shook my head, "I'm sorry, bro."

Nick looked at me, "For what?"

I ran a hand through my hair, "For getting you into this. If I wouldn't have asked you to join me you'd be living a normal life right now. You could be doing your music instead of hunting ghosts."

"Dude, if I wouldn't have became a paranormal investigator, I'd have never met Hailey. I'd have no life cause she is my life. Her and the twins. I'm so thankful to have them in my life. And for that, I am thankful to you," he choked up a little at the end.

I stood up from the couch and gave him a hug, "Thanks, bro."

We pulled apart, "No problem."

"We need to get out shit together and head back to Vegas. We've got to beat this thing so we can get them back," I explained.

Nick nodded, "Agreed."

With that we headed upstairs and started packing up our things. Once we were packed and ready, we headed out of the house to Nick's car. Nick popped the trunk and I loaded my bags into it then he put in his as well and shut the trunk. He unlocked the doors and we climbed in and Nick started the engine. He peeled out of the driveway and headed in the direction of home.

"So what's the plan for getting rid of this thing and getting Hailey and Katie back?" Nick asked.

"I'll call Billy and Aaron to see if they can meet us at my house to do an EVP session. We'll ask it questions and when we find out what it wants and what it's name is, we'll call in an expert on getting rid of it. Then we'll call the girls and let them know," I sighed, silently praying that this really was the reason they left.

"What if that's not the real reason they left?" Nick choked out.

My heart broke a little more at the thought, "Then I don't know. Maybe we can get them back if we promise.." I trailed off.

Nick looked over at me, already knowing what I was about to say, "Stop investigating."

I nodded my head slowly, "Yeah."

Nick ran his hand over his face again, "I'd do it. For Hailey's sake and the twins, I'd do it."

In my heart I knew I'd do it for Katie too. She was everything to me and there was nothing in this world that would keep me from her. I pulled out my phone and called BIlly first.

"Hey bro, what's up?" Billy answered.

"I need you to meet Nick and I at my house. Bring your equipment, I'll explain when we get there. I'll text you when we're almost there," I explained.

"Okay bro. See you soon," he said before hanging up.

I hung up as well and dialed Aaron's number.

"Sup bro? How's vacation?"

I took a deep breath, "It was fine until Katie and Hailey left."

"What? Left? What do you mean?" Aaron asked, confusion in his voice.

"A demon followed us home from Linda Vista and it told them to leave or it would harm Nick and I and them as well," I explained.

I could see Aaron shaking his head, "Damn, dude. What are you going to do?"

"Well that's why I called you. I need you to meet us at my house to do an EVP session. Billy will be there too. We're going to try and figure out what it wants and then after wards we're going to call a specialist," I explained.

"Okay bro. See you then," he replied.

"I'll call you when we're almost there," I said before hanging up.

Image

We finally arrived in Vegas and I called Billy first then I called Aaron. I was so ready to get this over with so I could go get Katie. I missed her so much. Nick pulled into my driveway and we spotted Billy and Aaron already there. Nick killed the engine and we got out of the car.

"I already filled Billy in on what's going on," Aaron said as we approached them.

I nodded, "Thanks bro."

"Let's go find out what this thing wants," Billy said as he took his equipment out of his car.

I led the way to the front door and I unlocked it, letting Billy, Aaron, and Nick in first. I followed suit and shut the door behind them. Once we were inside, I could feel the emptiness overcoming me as memories with Katie flooded my mind. I shook my head, focus Zak, focus.

"Okay we can set up base in the living room. I'll go in my room and do a session there. Nick you go to the guest room, Aaron you can go to the dungeon, and Billy you can do a session here in the living room," I announced.

They all nodded and got everything ready. I headed upstairs to go ahead get started on my session. Once I entered my room, I shut the door behind me. I walked over to the closet and opened the door. My heart sank as I saw that almost all of Katie's clothes were gone. How long had she planned on being gone? I shut the door and walked over to my bedside table and retrieved my recorder out of the drawer. Let's get this show on the road.
♠ ♠ ♠
Extremely sorry it took me this long to get this out.
I hope you guys enjoy it, again I apologize for taking so long.