Status: This is a work in progress, again please be nice in your comments. This is my first Ghost Adventures story :)

The Ghosts of Your Past Haunt Me

-055-

I rested my head in my hands, the demon's form burned into my mind. I couldn't believe this thing had taken the shape of something. I'd never experienced anything like this. Luckily the priest we'd called in was an expert on the demon, Amon. It had revealed it's name to Billy during his EVP session in the living room.

"St Michael the archangel, defend us in battle. Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Amon. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do thou, O' Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, cast into hell Amon, and all the evil spirits, who prowl about this house seeking the ruin of souls. Amen," the priest recited his prayer.

After he'd finished with the prayer, he sprinkled holy water around the dungeon. He opened the door and told us to stay here, no matter what we heard. We all nodded and he left the dungeon. I closed my eyes and silently prayed that everything was going to be alright. The priest's words could be heard even through the thick walls of the dungeon. I was so ready to get rid of Amon, he had already caused me too much pain, along with my best friend.

Thirty minutes passed and the door opened, "Your house has been blessed and Amon is gone."

A huge wave of relief washed over me as I stood up to hug the priest.

"Thank you so, so much. This means a lot to me," I said as I pulled away from the hug.

The priest smiled, "No problem, son. Nick, let's go to your house and I'll do the same there. I know you've been cleansed here, but I need to do your house as well. Think of it as a sure fire way that he won't be bothering you again."

Nick had tears in his eyes, "Thank you, Father."

The priest shook his head, "Not a problem. You boys need to be more careful in your work though."

We all nodded our heads, "Agreed," we said in unison.

We headed out of the dungeon and back to the living room. I pulled out my phone and called Katie's dad.

"Zak," he answered.

"Mr. Wilson, I just called to let you know that we've gotten rid of the demon. I'll be on the next flight to Alaska within an hour," it felt good to say that.

"Alrighty. Get Nick to call Hailey's mom. She'll be able to tell you where they're at exactly cause she went up there," he explained.

I let out a sigh of relief, "Thank God. Okay thank you, sir."

He chuckled, "No problem Zak. Be careful."

With that he hung up and I ended the call as well before placing my phone in my pocket. I texted Nick and told him to meet me at my house when he'd finished.

"Thanks guys for helping us out," I said to Billy and Aaron.

They shook their heads, "No problem, bro," Aaron replied.

"Anytime, Zak," Billy smiled.

I helped them gather their equipment and put it in their vehicles. Once they were packed up and ready, I said goodbye to both of them. I walked back inside and took a deep breath. The atmosphere felt completely different. It was gone. Really gone. Even Gracie seemed happier. I scratched her head.

"Now to get Katie back," I said to her.

She whimpered at the mention of her name.

"I know, girl. I miss her too," I sighed.

My phone began ringing and I stood up, pulling it out of my pocket.

"I'm outside," Nick stated before hanging up.

I ended the call and told Gracie I'd be back later before walking out of the house. I locked the door behind me and climbed into the car with Nick.

"Dennis said to call Hailey's mom that she'd be able to tell us where they were. She flew out there today," I told Nick as he backed out of the driveway.

He pulled out his phone and called Alice. I waited anxiously as he listened for her to answer her phone.

Image

Katie

The doctor released Hailey today, but warned her to not stress out again or it could be worse than before. They gave her some pills, that wouldn't harm the babies of course, to help keep her calm. Alice pushed Haley in a wheelchair out to the cab I had flagged down. I helped Hailey into the cab as the nurse took the wheelchair away. Once she was situated and comfortable, Alice and I climbed in as well. Alice's phone started ringing and she answered it.

"Hello?" she answered.

I couldn't tell who was on the other line.

"Right now isn't a good time. I'll text you," she said glancing my way.

I looked at her confused then at Hailey, who shrugged. Alice got off the phone and did as she said. Once she'd sent the text message she smiled up at Hailey and I.

"Who was that mom?" Hailey asked.

Her mom laughed, "It was your father."

I let it go as did Hailey. The ride back to our place was silent. Once we arrived, Alice got out first then I climbed out, nearly falling face first into the snow. Hailey chuckled as she slowly made her way out of the cab. I poked my tongue out at her as I walked to the cabbie's side to give him his money. We made our way inside and I shut the door behind Alice. She walked off in another room saying she had to call Hailey's dad back. I nodded and helped Hailey get settled on the couch.

"You hungry or anything?" I asked as she settled into the couch.

She nodded, "Starving."

I giggled, "Okay I'll whip something up."

She smiled and reached for the tv remote. I walked into the kitchen and searched the cabinet for something to cook. I decided to go with mac and cheese with some green beans. Once I had retrieved those, I shut the cabinet and walked over to the fridge. I opened the freezer and pulled out some chicken strips. Shutting the freezer, I placed the strips on the counter and opened the bag. They were the already cooked chicken strips so I could put them in the oven and they wouldn't take long to cook. I turned on the oven to let it pre-heat as I placed the chicken on a baking sheet. Once I had finished that, I started on the mac and cheese along with the green beans.

Alice emerged from the hallway and took a seat next to Hailey.

"Dad okay?" Hailey asked.

Alice nodded, "He's just fine."

She sounded nervous. I shook it off and focused on the task at hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if it's crappy.
And too short.
:(