Status: This is a work in progress, again please be nice in your comments. This is my first Ghost Adventures story :)

The Ghosts of Your Past Haunt Me

-057-

I glared at my dad as he walked down the hallway with Alice and Bruce.

"Katie, please talk to me," Zak begged, reaching out for my hand.

I pulled it away from him, "You can't be here! I told you, I told you we couldn't be together!"

Zak pulled his arm back, "Baby, the demon is gone. The priest banished it back to hell. It'll never be bothering us again."

Tears fell from my eyes, "Yeah until you go and provoke another demon or spirit or whatever and then we'll be right back where we started! I can't handle this anymore Zak! I can't!"

He placed his arms around me, pulling me to his chest, "Baby, I will never set foot in a haunted location again if it means that much to you. I just want you as my wife. I want us to have kids and live happily ever after. Hell you are my happily ever after."

I hugged him back, sobbing into his shoulder. He was willing to give up something he loved for me. I pulled back from the hug and crashed my lips into his. My head swam and everything just disappeared. It was only Zak and I in the room now. My arms snaked around his neck as he picked me up off the floor.

"God I've missed you," he breathed as we broke apart.

I took a deep breath and exhaled before I responded, "I've missed you too."

He pressed his forehead to mine, "I will never lose you again."

I smiled, "You never lost me in the first place."

Hailey and Nick walked inside just as Zak sat me back down. I grinned at her as she grinned back. She was glowing with happiness.

"Okay can we go home now?" I asked, kissing Zak again.

He smiled into the kiss, "I thought you'd never ask."

Bruce, Alice, and my dad all emerged from the hallway, smiles on their faces.

"Thank God you lot are back together!" my dad cheered.

I walked over to him and gave him a big hug, "Thanks for telling him dad."

He hugged me back tightly, "No problem, baby girl. I know how much you love him."

We pulled apart and I clasped my hands together, "Who wants to help us gather our stuff?"

Nick and Zak volunteered immediately. Hailey and I laughed so hard we almost fell over. While they gather our clothes, Hailey and I began to pack up what little we had in the kitchen. I turned off the oven and pulled out the chicken strips. I grabbed a plastic container we'd saved from out take out last night and placed the chicken inside. Once they were packed away, I placed the can of green beans in the box Hailey had set out along with the box of mac and cheese. Everything was packed and I grabbed as many boxes as I could.

"I'll get that," Zak said taking the boxes from me.

I smiled at him, "Thanks babe."

Nick got the other two boxes and headed out behind Zak. Hailey and I's dads grabbed our suitcases and walked out the door with them as Alice met us in the kitchen.

"Thanks mom, for everything," Hailey said giving her a hug.

Alice smiled as she held out her arm for me as well. I smiled back at her as I wrapped my arm around her waist. She patted us both on the shoulders.

"I'm so glad you girls are happy again," she gushed as a tear slid down her cheek.

"Aw mom, don't cry," Hailey hugged her again.

After another hug and calming Alice down we were ready to go. Zak picked me up and placed me over his shoulder and I sighed, too happy to be in his arms again to argue. Hailey giggled at me and poked her tongue out. I poked my tongue back out at her and giggled as well. Zak placed me down on the ground and I straightened out my shirt. Before I got into the cab, I picked up a ball of snow and smashed it on Zak's head then quickly scrambled into the cab so he couldn't get me back.

"Oh you're so dead when we get home," he growled playfully as he shook the snow from his hair.

I giggled as he climbed in next to me. Nick and Hailey climbed in as well before shutting the door. Our parents got a cab together and followed us to the airport.

Image

"Katie wake up, we've landed."

My eyes fluttered open and I looked around, remembering the day's events. I unbuckled my seat belt and stood up, stretching as I did. Zak pulled my carry-on out of the compartment above our seats and tossed it over his shoulder before taking my hand and leading me off the plane. We met up with Hailey, Nick, Bruce, Alice, and my dad once we walked off the plane.

"Thank again for coming," I said to my dad as we waited for our luggage.

He shook his head, "No problem baby girl."

Once we had our luggage, the boxes of stuff we just gave to a homeless guy outside of the airport in Juno because most of it was food, we headed out of the airport. We reached Nick's Challenger in no time and he popped the trunk so we could put our luggage inside. Once everything was put away, I turned to my dad.

"I love you, dad," I said to him as I gave him a hug.

He hugged me tightly, "I love you too."

With that he walked off to his car, unlocked the doors, and climbed in. Hailey and Nick were in the process of saying bye to her parents.

"Be sure to call me if you need anything," Alice repeated.

Hailey giggled, "Yes mom."

She smiled and nodded her head, "Okay you two be careful."

She hugged Hailey again then Nick, "You too Katie. Come here."

I giggled and walked over to her. She gave me a tight hug before she pulled away and followed Bruce to their car. Zak and I climbed in the back of the Challenger before Nick and Hailey got in. Once everyone was in and settled, Nick started the car and pulled off towards Zak and I's. I pulled off my sweatshirt and placed it in my lap, relieved that I was back in Vegas where the temperature never dropped below 75 degrees. Zak wrapped his arms around me as I rested my head on his chest. Life was finally back to normal.
♠ ♠ ♠
Things are back to normal :D
I heard wedding plans and baby showers in the future :DD

Katie