Status: This is a work in progress, again please be nice in your comments. This is my first Ghost Adventures story :)

The Ghosts of Your Past Haunt Me

-006-

I sat straight up in bed, shoving the covers off me, and running to the bathroom. I got the seat up just in time before emptying the contents of my stomach. I felt someone pull my hair back and I knew Nick was up.

"You okay, baby?" He asked his voice full of sleep.

I nodded before puking again. He rubbed my back and kissed the top of my head. I flushed the toilet and leaned against it for a moment.

"I'll get you a wet cloth," Nick said kissing my forehead again.

He let go of my hair and walked over to the sink. I rested my head on my arm and closed my eyes. Being pregnant was a pain in the ass sometimes, but I wouldn't change it for the world. When Nick and I found out I was pregnant, the look on his face made me fall in love with him even more. He was the proudest man I'd ever seen. He bragged to his whole family and the world. He tweeted about it after we had told our families and all, well a majority of them, of his fans were happy. There were a few horrific tweets of threats to kill me and the baby, but we ignored them.

"Here you go babe."

I opened my eyes and smiled at him, "Thank you, love."

I took the cloth from his hand and wiped my face. Once I was finished and felt better, Nick helped me up and over to the sink. I grabbed my toothbrush and started brushing my teeth. Once I was finished, I grabbed my toothpaste and walked out of the bathroom.

"I'm going to shower. Want to join me?" Nick asked sounding more awake.

I nodded, "I'll be right there."

I began to gather the stuff that was strowed about our room and packed it away in the suitcase. I pulled out an outfit for myself and one for Nick before I headed into the bathroom.

**************************

We were both squeaky clean and dressed. I put our dirty clothes in my suitcase and went back into the bathroom. Looking at my reflection, I decided to comb through my hair with my fingers and pull it up in a messy bun. I didn't care how I looked, I was just going home. I looked at the clock when I walked out of the bathroom and saw that it was only '4:45'. Zak, Katie, and Aaron were still probably sleeping.

"Nick, why didn't Aaron go to dinner with us last night?" I asked remembering I hadn't seen him.

"He wanted to get to bed early, plus he wanted to talk to Sharron," he answered.

I nodded, "Oh okay."

There was a knock on the door and I looked at Nick. He shrugged and walked over to the door and opened it. Zak was standing behind it; showered, dressed, and his hair fixed in his famous faux-hawk.

"You're up early," Nick chuckled.

He smiled, "I need you guys' help. I want to propose to Katie, but I need you guys to distract her while I get everything ready."

I clapped my hands and squealed, "OH MY GOSH!"

"Shhh! You'll wake her up!" Zak hissed stepping in the room and shutting the door.

I rolled my eyes, "Katie could sleep through an earthquake."

Zak rolled his eyes back at me, "Will you guys help or not?"

"Of course we'll help!" I cried.

I recieved a dirty look from Zak, but I ignored it. Zak, Nick, and I sat down on the bed as Zak filled up in on his plan.

*******************************

Katie's POV

I slapped the bedside table until I found the alarm clock. Rolling over, I went to place my arm around Zak and was met with an empty bed. My eyes shot open and I sat up. There was a note on his pillow.

'Katie,
Baby I'm so sorry I wasn't here when you woke up, but I had to get somethings before we go to the airport. Hailey, Nick, and Aaron are still at the hotel. I'll see you at the airport, I promise. Love you forever & always,
Zak<3'


"Are you fucking kidding me?"

Crumpling his note, I shoved the covers off me and got out of bed. I sighed and uncrumpled the note and left it on my suitcase before walking into the bathroom. Before I turned on the shower, I found a single, long-stemmed rose lying on the counter with a card attached to it. I smiled instantly. I picked it up and smelled it. I pulled the card off and read it.

'Don't be mad, please?'

I rolled my eyes, but couldn't help to smile. Zak was quite the romantic sometimes. I placed the rose back on the counter with the card and went to turn on the shower. As I let the water warm up, I stripped off my clothes. Stepping into the shower, I let the warm water cascade over my body.

"You two will never be happy. His ghosts are going to haunt you, maybe even hurt you."

I turned around to see the dark figured from Zak and I's house. It was the first one I had ever saw.

"Why do you follow him? And what the fuck do you know?" I spat at it.

The figured started to grow into the shape of something, but before I could fully see it, my stomach started to burn intensely. I cried out with pain. I heard a menacing laugh before the figure disappeared. I looked down at my stomach and saw three very prominant scratches right above my belly button. Fuck. I turned the water to cold and let it run over the scratches. The burning slowly subsided and I finished bathing.

Once I stepped out, I could see the scratches had gotten worse. I began to cry.

"Mom, where were you?" I asked between sobs.

Just then it felt like a hand was on my shoulder.

I heard a faint whisper in my ear, "Baby, I'm so sorry. I tried to stop it, but something was holding me back."

I cried harder. I knew I had just heard my mom speak to me for the first time in twenty years. If she couldn't even try to stop this, how would I even have a chance? I didn't blame my mom though, I knew she couldn't always protect me. I stopped crying and walked out of the bathroom. Once I was dressed, I pulled my hair in a messy bun and gathered the rest of my things and shoved them in my suitcase. My stomach was back to a dull burn.

"Katie! You ready?" Hailey called.

"Yeah be there in a sec," I called back to her.

I zipped up my suitcase and picked it up before walking out of the room. I pushed my sunglasses down on my nose before I reached Hailey and Nick's view.

"Shit, I forgot my rose," I said, dropping my suitcase and jogging back to the room.

I picked up the rose and the card before walking out. I saw Zak's first note on the floor and picked it up as well, shoving it in my pocket as I walked out. Nick already had my suitcase along with his and Hailey's and was walking out the door.

"So where's Zak?" Hailey asked.

I sighed, "Apparently he had to get some stuff before he left on the plane."

Hailey frowned at me, but it didn't meet her eyes.

"Spill it, Raines," I glared at her.

She gasped, "What the hell are you talking about?"

"You're frowning with your mouth, but smiling with your eyes. Something's up," I said suspiciously.

She rolled her eyes, "You're overthinking shit, Katie."

I sighed, "Maybe your right."

Not to mention I'm a little on edge after the shower this morning. Hailey linked arms with me and we walked out of the hotel room, rushing a bit to catch up with Nick and Aaron.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so it's out. Zak wants to propose. I'll explain in more detail next chapter, I promise. Plus I added Aaron to this one :). Okay, so I hope you guys like it. Please comment