Status: This is a work in progress, again please be nice in your comments. This is my first Ghost Adventures story :)

The Ghosts of Your Past Haunt Me

-069-

Aaron was dressed and ready for his date with Destiny, no pun intended. I chuckled at myself as I headed down the stairs. Nick was sitting on the arm of the couch when I entered the living room.

"What's up, bro?" I asked, seeing an odd look on his face.

He sighed, "Have you and Katie set a date yet for your wedding?"

I tried to remember if we had, "No I don't think so why?"

He sighed again, "Neither have Hailey and I. It's not that I don't want to get married cause I do more than anything, but with the twins and our jobs it just seems like we haven't had time to plan anything."

I patted his shoulder, "Hire a wedding planner, bro. It'd make it a little easier on you two."

He nodded as a small smile appeared on his lips, "I'll talk to Hailey about it."

I smiled, "Hell Katie and I will probably have to get one too cause with the clothing line, which thanks to Hailey I now have someone going to take a look at my designs, and Katie being pregnant we haven't even talked about the wedding."

"Being a parent is the best job in the world though, so it's totally worth it once he gets here," Nick grinned.

"I agree. I can't wait to be a dad," I grinned back at him.

"How do I look?" Aaron asked as he entered the living room.

Nick stood up and we both nodded our approval, "Good."

He let out a nervous laugh, "I have no idea what I'm doing. Do you think it's too early to start dating?"

I shook my head, "Bro you deserve this. More than anything."

Nick nodded his agreement, "Zak's right. She was a bitch for doing what she did. The divorce is final so go out and have fun. You don't have to do anything serious, this is just a date. Destiny is a nice girl. Just go have fun."

Aaron nodded as he checked his phone, "Okay I have to go. Thank you for your help. Wish my luck!"

"Good luck!" Nick and I both said as we followed him out of the house.

He locked it up behind us and walked over to his car. I followed Nick to his Challenger as he unlocked the doors and we climbed in. He started the car and backed out of the driveway before putting it in gear and pulling off towards my house. Nick's question from early was still fresh on my mind. I wondered if Katie thought I was trying to prolong the engagement or if I didn't want to get married period, which wasn't the case at all. Between the doctor's appointments, working on my clothing line, and writing my book we didn't really have time. I know she had planned a little of it like what theme she wanted, part of the guest list, maid of honor, and a few other things, but it wasn't no where near completion.

Image

"Zak?" Nick asked, breaking me from my thoughts.

I realized we were at my house. I didn't see Hailey's Nitro so I figured she'd already gone home.

"Thanks for the lift, bro," I told Nick as I unbuckled my seat belt and got out.

"No problem. See you later, bro," he called.

I shut the door and started towards the house. Fumbling with my keys, I found the right one and unlocked the door before opening it and stepping inside. Gracie met me at the door, wagging her tail eagerly. I petted her head before shutting the door and locking it.

"Zak you're home," Katie said as she stepped off the stairs.

I smiled at her, "Yeah. Aaron left to go pick up Destiny."

She grinned, "I hope things go great! He needs this."

I nodded my agreement as I pulled her into my arms and pressing my lips to hers. She smiled into the kiss and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"I think there's something between us," I joked as we pulled apart.

Katie giggled, "That would be your son. He's having a fit right now."

I pressed my hand to her stomach. A smiled spread on my face as I felt his kicks.

"Soccer player or a boxer. I'm not sure yet," I grinned.

Katie just rolled her eyes and shoved me playfully. She wobbled into the living room before gently sitting down on the couch. I followed her and sat down next to her. She shifted so her head was on my chest and my arm was around her so my hand rested on her stomach.

"He loves it when your hand is on my stomach. That's why he's kicking so much," she explained.

I smiled as he kicked again, "He kicks hard, that doesn't hurt?"

She shrugged, "A little. It usually only hurts if he gets around my ribs or kidney's."

I rubbed her stomach, "Katie do you want to hire a wedding planner?"

She looked up at me, "What for?"

"Well with you being pregnant and having to your doctor's appointments and me writing my book and having the clothing line, we don't have much time ourselves to do it," I explained.

She thought about it a moment, "Well I guess it would help. I'll call in the morning when I wake up and see if we can get one."

I let a sigh of relief, "Okay."

She rested her head back on my chest and we sat in a comfortable silence as we watched tv.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image used for Destiny is credited to Google.

We know Katie's answer, but will Hailey agree to a wedding planner?