Status: This is a work in progress, again please be nice in your comments. This is my first Ghost Adventures story :)

The Ghosts of Your Past Haunt Me

-007-

Nick's POV

As Aaron and I loaded up the cab, I thought about what Zak had told Hailey and I back in the hotel room. He was proposing. Something he'd never talked about with any of his other serious girlfriends. Hell, he'd never even talked about it with Katie, but I know he loves her. He looks at her and talks about her the same way I do Hailey. Meeting them three years ago was the best thing that ever happened to us.

*flashback*

Zak, Aaron, and I were sitting at the table signing autographs and taking pictures when she stepped in front of me. She was absolutely gorgeous. Her hair was dirty blonde and shoulder length, green orbs that were lit up like Christmas, her nose was round and almost button like, and her lips were full.

"Hello what's your name?" I asked with a huge smile.

She grinned back at me, "I'm Hailey Raines. Nice to meet you, Nick."

She stuck her hand out for me to shake. I took it and turned it over, kissing the back of it. Her face flushed a deep crimson.

"Pleasure is all mine," I smiled.

It took her a minute to compose herself and hand me a shirt she had bought.

"Would you mind signing this and taking a picture with me?" she asked her voice an octave higher than it was a minute ago.

I nodded, "Of course. Anything for a beautiful girl."

I could see some of the other girls glaring at her. I stifled a chuckle and signed her shirt. I handed it back to her and stood up to take a picture with her. She stepped closer to the table and leaned back a little and held up her camera. I placed my arms around her waist and smiled widely. The flash went off and she looked completely dazed.

"Th-thank you so much!" she studdered.

I chuckled, "No problem."

She stepped off with her friend who looked to be in the same state she was. The rest of the signing flew by because I couldn't stop thinking about her.

"Dude did you see that girl?" I asked Zak after the convention was over.

He was starring into space, completely zoned out.

"Earth to Zak?" Aaron said.

Zak snapped out of it, "Sorry I couldn't stop thinking about that girl."

I cocked my eyebrow, "What girl?"

He ran his hand over his face, "The one that walked up with the blonde one you signed a shirt for."

"So you did see her! Wasn't she gorgeous?!" I exclaimed.

Zak nodded, "Her friend definitely was."

I sighed, "We should've said something."

Zak nodded his agreement and Aaron laughed.

"Love sick puppies, you two are."

We gathered our things and started walking out of the building. As I was placing my stuff in the van, I felt someone tap my shoulder.

"I know this is awkward, but would you mind signing one more thing for me?"

I recongized her voice and whirled around, "Hailey, right?"

She blushed, "You remembered my name."

"Of course," I breathed.

She giggled, "That's quite impressive."

I could see Zak was already talking to her friend. So I decided to be brave and ask her for her phone number.

"What would you like me to sign?" I asked pulling out my marker.

She pulled out the documentary we had done in '04. I chuckled.

"Hardcore fan, I see?"

She nodded and I signed it for her. I put my marker away and she squealed with joy. She was too cute.

"Thank you! Thank you!" she cried throwing her arms around me and giving me a quick hug.

I laughed, "No problem. So this may seem a little, um, forward, but may I have your number?"

Her eyes got big, "Are you serious?"

I nodded, my cheeks flushing a bit, "Yeah."

She held up her hand, "Phone?"

I pulled it out and handed it to her. She stored her number and handed it back to me. With that she ran off with her friend and I looked at my phone.

'The Hardcore fan
987-909-3456'

*end flashback*


I smiled at the memory.

"What the hell are you smiling at?" Aaron asked.

I shook my head, "I was thinking back to when I first met Hailey."

Aaron chuckled, "Seems like ages ago. Now you two are a couple and she's prego. You work fast Groff."

I shoved him playfully as he shut the trunk. Hailey and Katie were walking towards us, arm and arm.

Katie's POV

I was still thinking about the shower as Hailey and I climbed in the cab. My stomach was still burning. I sighed. Being Zak's girlfriend was hard sometimes, but I wouldn't trade him for nothing in the world.

"Airport please," Aaron told the driver.

The driver nodded and pulled off towards our destination. I decided I needed to tell Zak about what happened. So I pulled out my phone and unlocked it. I went to my messages and touched the screen on our previous messages.

'I need to tell you something, but you have to promise that you WON'T get mad. Okay?'

I hit send and placed my phone in my lap and waited nervously for his reply.
♠ ♠ ♠
-.- so sorry I didn't add more detail about the proposal. I got caught up in flashbacks and Katie telling Zak about what happened.