Status: This is a work in progress, again please be nice in your comments. This is my first Ghost Adventures story :)

The Ghosts of Your Past Haunt Me

-075-

As Zak and I ate our pizza, I heard a familiar song playing over the radio in the restaurant. I couldn't help but smile as I wiped my mouth.

"Zak it's our song."

He tilted his head so he could hear the music, "It is."

I looked at him, his eyes meeting mine with the same love and compassion I knew mine held.

"My heart, it beats. Beats for only you," I sang to him.

He took my hand, "My heart is yours," he sang back.

Tears pricked my eyes, "We have to dance to this at our wedding."

He smiled, "I agree."

We finished our pizza and Zak got the check. We walked out of the restaurant hand and hand. He opened the door to the Camero for me and I climbed in before he shut the door. I pulled my seat belt on as he climbed in the driver's side. He started the car and I fumbled with the radio looking for something good. I nearly screamed when I heard the song on the radio, 'When You Say Nothing At All' was playing and I left it. I began sing along as I laced my fingers with Zak's.

"The smile on your face let's me know that you need me. There's a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me. The touch of your hand says you'll catch me if ever I fall. You say it best, when you say nothing at all."

Zak pressed my hand to his lips, "I love you."

My heart fluttered, "I love you too."

The rest of the ride was a comfortable silence as the song continued to play. A smile played on my lips as I thought about how lucky I was. I had the man of my dreams and I knew he loved me just as much as I loved him. We were about to get married and have a child. Things had really turned around for the better.

"I'm so proud of you."

Tears pricked my eyes as I heard my mother's voice. I wish she was here with me right now more than anything. That was the only downfall to my life, not having my mother here with me. I wiped my tears away as we pulled into the driveway. Unbuckling my seat belt, I opened the car door before stepping out of the car. Zak was at my side in seconds taking my hand and shutting the door behind me. He placed his arm around my waist to help me into the house. He opened the door for me and I stepped inside, heading for the stairs, to go up to our room.

"Where you going babe?" Zak asked.

"To take a nice shower," I called back to him.

I heard him chuckle as I slowly climbed the stairs. Suddenly I was being lifted into the air and I screamed as panic surged through me.

"You're going to slow," Zak laughed.

I swatted his arm and chest, "Don't do that! You could've made me go into early labor!"

His face fell as he apologized. He gently placed me on the counter in the bathroom as he turned to start the shower. I kicked my shoes off and started to undress. Soon we were both naked and stepping into the shower. I let the warm water cascade over my body as Zak placed his hands on my stomach. I leaned back against him as a smile spread on my face. This was a perfect way to end a perfect day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short :(