Status: This is a work in progress, again please be nice in your comments. This is my first Ghost Adventures story :)

The Ghosts of Your Past Haunt Me

-080-

Nick and I watch as everyone had left as I smile at him. “Want to go get some ice-cream before going home?” Nick smiles at me.

“Sounds great.” I smile at him.

He slips his arm around me as I lean into him resting my head on his shoulder. We walk the strip as I notice people staring at us. I roll my eyes as Nick looks down at me, “You seem like you’re hiding something.” Nick admits to me.

I look at him unsure of if I should tell him now, or wait. I take a deep breath as I stop walking causing him to stop as well. He goes in front of me as I look up at him, “What’s wrong Hailey?” Nick asks me.

“Nick I have to tell you something. I know we swore on this situation to wait, but—“ I pause as Nick stares at me. I shake my head and sigh heavily, “I lost my job.” I tell him I couldn’t keep that from him either but the other one could wait.

“Are you fucking serious?” Nick asks almost pissed off at me.

I look at him in disbelief, “Are you kidding me? You’re going to yell at me.” I shout at him.

“You’re causing a damn scene.” Nick grabs my arm dragging me back towards our car.

I jerk away from him and glare, “Get away from me. You’re not the same man you used to be. You were ten times better when you were hunting ghost then now. This music shit has went to your—“ I start but end up screaming and holding to my stomach.

Nick tries to help me as I shove him off. I quickly walk away from him as I hail a cab. I get inside as I take a deep breath, “Take me to this address.” I breath out in a whisper handing the man my phone with my parent’s address on it.

He nods his head and steps on it. I lean back into the seat as I see my phone going off. I ignore the messages from Nick as I rub my stomach. The pain finally subsides as I take a deep breath of relief. I watch as my parent’s house come into view and the driver stops. I give him the money and get out going up to the door and knocking. I knew it was late but I wasn’t going home with Nick. Not after the way he had talked to me. My dad pulls the door open as he takes me into his arms. I hold onto him as we walk over to the sofa, he already knew what was going on I am pretty sure. Due to Nick telling. We all sit in silence as I decide to just close my eyes and sleep.