Status: This is a work in progress, again please be nice in your comments. This is my first Ghost Adventures story :)

The Ghosts of Your Past Haunt Me

-009-

I stared out the window as we flew back to Vegas. They had already served us breakfast, but I was still a bit hungry. I sighed.

“What’s wrong?” Hailey asked.

“Zak and I just got engaged and we have to spend four days apart. This sucks ass,” I pouted.

She frowned, “It’ll fly by. Have you told your dad yet?”
“Shit! Dad!”

I hadn’t talked to my dad since we left for Pennsylvania. I pulled out my phone and called him.

“Katie! Thank God!” my dad answered.

I laughed, “Sorry dad, things have been kind of hectic.”

He snorted, “Well if you weren’t off gallivanting for ghosts or whatever it is that he hunts for, you’d be home safe and sound.”

I pursed my lips, “His name is Zak and I think you should get over your differences with him because he asked me to marry him and I said yes.”

There was a slight pause before my dad responded. This is not how I pictured this going.

“Well congratulations, I guess. When did he propose?” he asked his tone calmer now.

I smiled, “This morning before we got on the plane. It was so romantic dad. He’s off to Italy now though, they’re shooting an episode at ‘Proveglia Island’.”
My dad cleared his throat, “Ah well I hope he comes home safe. You too for that matter, when are you due back in Vegas?”

I could tell he was trying for my sake, but I know he doesn’t like Zak. It’s not that he doesn’t like him; it’s his job more or less.

“Hailey and I should be landing in a couple of hours,” I answered him through a yawn.

My dad chuckled, “How is Hailey? Being pregnant and all, I bet this traveling is getting to her.”

I laughed, “She’s doing fine. Happy as ever.”

My dad and I talked for a little longer before he let me go cause he didn’t want to cause interference with the plane. I hit the ‘End Call’ button and saw that I had a message.

‘I love you and I’m sorry about blowing up. And I’m sorry I wasn’t there when you got scratched. I hope you feel better and I miss you already.’

I smiled and began to reply.

‘It’s okay baby, I know you do it because you care. I love you too and I miss you more. I told my dad that we’re engaged. He was thrilled.’

I hit send and sat my phone in my lap.

“Katie, do you think Nick with ask me to marry him?” Hailey asked something I couldn’t detect in her voice.

I took her hand and squeezed it gently, “I’m sure he will in time.”

She smiled weakly, “I hope so.”

I frowned, “Hailey you’re not jealous are you?”

She looked up at me with an apologetic smile. I hugged her.

“Oh Hailey please don’t be. Nick will propose! He got you pregnant so I know he isn’t going anywhere. Want me to kick his ass?” I giggled at the last part.

She laughed and shook her head, “No. You’re right; he’ll ask when he’s ready. I’m sorry I don’t mean to be jealous.”

I shook my head, “It’s totally understandable.”

The rest of the plane ride was silent except for the occasional giggle or remark to a text we had received.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay I know it's short, but it's a little filler for you guys. I hope you enjoy it! I'm sorry I haven't done shout outs the past couple of chapters, but I'd like to make up for that now! Thank you to Fiction;, biancarose123, Emmelz Liebe, and foreveranechelon for commenting! I'm glad you all enjoy it. Thanks to the other commentors as well, I just mentioned these guys cause they were all new commentors. Thanks again!