Status: One-Shot :)

Long Live Us

1/1

Alex was standing at his locker, pulling books from inside and shoving them into his bag when he first spotted him. The boy he had first spotted two days ago walking around the school. He was talking animatedly to Alex's best friend Rian and All Rian seemed to be doing was smiling and nodding, not really listening to what he was saying. They arrived in front of Alex and Rian smirked at him
"Alex, this is Jack. He's new so I offered our services to show him around" said Rian flashing his mega-watt smile.

All Alex could do was nod and Jack laughed at him "what's with your eyebrows, man?" Jack reached out to touch them and Alex batted his hand away.
"Don't mess with the eyebrows dude" said Alex nervously fixing his hair
"Don't worry Jack" said Rian "you learn to ignore them"
"I think you mean love" corrected Alex "You learn to love them"

#

And that was the first conversation that they ever had but it took Alex almost a month after that to ask Jack out. Even if it was to the junior prom.

#

"Dude" said Rian "If you don't someone else will!"
"I know!" cried Alex slamming his locker shut and facing Rian angrily "But it just hasn't . . . Come up" he finished lamely.
"Then bring it up!" said Rian

"Hey guys" said Jack excitedly as he bounded over got them, not noticing the tension "What's up?"

Rian laughed, this was Alex's moment. Rian knew that Alex needed to ask Jack as soon as possible. What he hadn't told Alex was that he had overheard another guy in their year (Zack Merrick) telling his friend how he was going to ask Jack to go to the prom with him at Lunch. That was two lessons from now.

"I'm just trying to convince Alex to ask" Rian started but he was quickly cut off by Jack
"OMG YOU HAVEN'T ASKED ANYONE TO PROM YET?!" he exclaimed "Get a move on then! Who is it? Is it Holly? Tay? No wait it's Lisa isn't it? I heard her this morning talking about how she didn't have a date yet . . . Really loudly actually"

"Jack" said Alex calmly, successfully getting Jack's attention.
Jack just nodded "Yes Alex?"
Alex took a deep breath and looked at Rian who nodded encouragingly, it was now or never.
"Will you go to junior prom with me?"

Alex didn't even get a chance to see Jack's retain before Jack was jumping onto him. Wrapping his arms and legs around Alex, a wide smile on his face. He dropped to the ground almost as quickly.

"Of Course I'll go with you!"

#

Alex pulled up in front of Jack’s house at 6 Pm. The prom was set to start at 7 and they would need half an hour to drive there (They were meeting Rian there). He took a deep breath to try to calm down and got out of the car, grabbed the rose that he had brought for Jack (they had argued for ages about corsages and this was the compromise) and knocked on the front door.

He was greeted by Jack’s dad opening the door and sizing him up.
“You Alex?” He spoke gruffly and all Alex could do was nod. Was he at the right house? He stepped to the side and let Alex in where he was greeted by Jack’s mother. A tall woman with the same dark hair and bright eyes as Jack. Yeah, he was in the right house.
“Oh Darling!” she cried “You two are going to look so handsome!”
“Mum!” came Jack’s voice from somewhere within the house
“Alex is here darling” said Jack’s mother before straightening my tie, just like my mother before I left home (with the promise of pictures of course).

Jack came bounding into the room and pulled my into one of his tight hugs that I was starting to love. “You look good” he said before hugging me again and running off somewhere.
“Jack!” exclaimed his mother
“I’m just Getting Alex’s rose!”

He was back moments later with a single white rose in his hand which he put carefully in my lapel before I put my red rose in his. He stared down at it on his chest “It’s so pretty” he murmured and I pulled him into another hug (Careful of our roses) as his mother ‘Awwed’ out loud and said something about getting the camera.

Countless of photos later and they were finally ready to go.
“Mum” said Jack “If we don’t go now, we’ll be late and Rian will think that we died!”
Jack’s mother just laughed as she waved us off.

One thing was for sure. This was going to be the best night of their high school lives.

#

The night passed too quickly for the young couple and all too soon Alex was dropping Jack back home.

“Thank You” whispered Jack as Alex pulled up in front of Jack’s house for the second time that night “For everything”
“You’re welcome” said Alex and Jack looked over at him before quickly pressing a kiss to his cheek and quickly running into the house.

Alex sat outside in his car for ten minutes wondering if it actually happened.

#

A month after prom and Alex and Jack were out on another date. They were sitting together under a tree in the park.
“I didn’t think you were going to ask me you know” said Jack softly
“Ask you what?”
“To Prom”
“You didn’t notice me practically staring at you 24/7?” said Alex with a laugh, holding Jack’s hand tightly “Even Rian said it was starting to get creepy”
Jack laughed at that and looked up at Alex
“I’m glad you did”
“So am I”

Alex pulled Jack into his lap and they continued to cuddle under the tree. “You weren’t the first one to ask me you know” said Jack “and you weren’t the last one either”
Alex Laughed “Who else asked you?”
‘Who else wants you?’ went unspoken

“Well Holly asked my in homeroom that day” said Jack “and that Zack Merrick kid asked me at lunch” Jack screwed up his nose “He had the whole football team with him like it was a public statement or something”
Alex Laughed again “Zack’s the captain of the team, I’ll bet all of the others were watching to see if he would actually go to the prom this year”
“And did he?”
“I have no idea” said Alex with a laugh
“Why not?”
“Because I was there with someone very special” whispered Alex “Someone I couldn’t keep my eyes off of all night”

Jack swooned and Alex slowly leant in and pressed their lips together.

#

Their first kiss could only lead for something more for the pair.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hoped you liked it :)

I wrote this for SweetPoisions but unfourtunetly I have no idea how to link the profile here :(

Please Comment!