Sequel: Unreadable
Status: Finished! :)

Tell Me This Then

Her Fading Facade

The monotonous tone of the professor's voice causes Leisha to pinch herself. This is her least favorite subject as the teacher is unbelievably boring. She drones on and on about one topic before screaming at the class for not learning enough.

She stretches her eyelids so they'll remain open. The coffee she bought this morning unfortunately doesn't last to her third class. Now the caffeine has vanished from her bloodstream, leaving her bored and tired.

The only thing she enjoys about this class is Desiree. But she too was taken away. Apparently the two girls couldn't concentrate enough around each other so they were separated. Leisha doesn't remember university being so similar to high school.

Her eyes dart to the far side of the room and catch gazes with her best friend. They grin at each other but it isn't long until the teacher storms up to her desk and orders her to face the front. Leisha isn't too fond of being treated like a primary school student.

Without any other choice, she goes back to her book, absentmindedly jotting down any sentence she catches from the professor's unattractive lips. Even her hands feel numb and tired.

∞ ∞ ∞


His head falls onto the steering wheel. An obnoxious long beep echoes throughout the street. He earns multiple honks from angry drivers that pass by. He ignores them but lifts his head nonetheless.

Turning his head sideways to look at the front door again, he groans. Not one soul is in the house. Yvette would be at school, both parents are busy at work and Leisha is at the university. That is where he should be but stupidly enough, he hasn't learnt which one she goes to.

Liam fiddles with phone in his hand. He could call one of the girls but that would mean they'll get into trouble. And he'd be disrupting their education. With another groan he lets his forehead collide with the wheel again.

He'd tried so hard to get Leisha to tell him why she had been so hesitant to go out with him. It isn't like he is going to bite her if she does agree. Their date two nights ago is one of the most amazing dates he's been on. And he isn't going to let that be their last.

He had attempted several times to kiss her but each time, she had a new trick up her sleeves. She would twist her head, begin rambling, exclaim 'look!' then point into the air and pretend some limb of hers was itchy.

The same with whenever he wanted to talk about their relationship, she would dodge the question as if her life depended on it. It infuriated him then and now it's still immensely frustrating. She avoided talk about feelings like the plague.

A sudden thought flares up in his head. For a sensible young man like Liam, he can be very simple minded sometimes. He starts up the engine and races out of her street, in a wild hurry.

After a few minutes of driving he parks his vehicle beside the pathway, in front of a Starbucks. From the months putting up with Leisha he has memorized her favourite drink and that is what he orders. Along with a cup of coffee himself.

He doesn't know why hasn't thought of this earlier. There can only be so many universities in one place. Right? And so he spends the next fifteen minutes roaming around in search for the nearest one. Leisha isn't the type of person to wander a long way from home so the school she attends should be close by.

This time, she wouldn't have a choice but talk about what he wants to, without running away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hehe. We're almost there...