Sequel: Unreadable
Status: Finished! :)

Tell Me This Then

Her Changing Mind

"What about this?" Leisha wonders, pulling out a violet dress from the clothing rack.

Desiree raises an eyebrow, the concern for her best friend growing. "First you begged me to go shopping. You asked me if you should die your hair and now you're picking out a dress?"

She bites the inside of her lip and turns back to the line of dresses. She places the dress where it belongs. It's been a while since she's gone out with Desiree but now her closest friend is questioning her motives.

Ever since the event of yesterday, her head has been spinning wildly. Her thoughts are out of control. If she was confused before, now her conflicted feelings are messing with everything she does.

"Just...please? Just help me pick out a dress."

The girl simply crosses her arms over her chest. "I will. After you tell me why you're acting like this? This isn't you Lish." She opens her mouth to argue but Des cuts her off. "Don't you dare lie to me. Don't tell me it's time for change because that's bullshit. If this about your dilemma over Liam, then I-"

Leisha frowns. Everyone in the clothing store is now staring at the two friends. They both ignore the attention even though they know they're causing a scene.

"-it's him isn't it? Don't deny it. I know the expression you get. Look you fancy him, he loves you. What's the problem?"

For once, Leisha is lost for words. Even Liam himself wouldn't think of talking about their situation so straightforward like she is. She shakes her head. She's tired of this conversation. Yesterday, it all fell to place. Desiree knew that it had happened so why continue bothering her?

Leisha gratefully takes the cup of coffee from him. She would never pass up the chance of having a free hot beverage. As she sips on the drink, he merely stares at her with those warm brown eyes she's grown to be accustomed with.

He had been standing right outside her door. Of course everybody noticed the caramel colour haired heartthrob waiting for their fellow student. The teacher simply ignored him and went onto the lesson. Leisha couldn't pay attention since the boy was holding a Starbucks cup.

Now they are situated beside the campus, standing awkwardly in front of each other. She takes another sip. Maybe the warm liquid would help slither her through this conversation.

"So...I guess you know I'm here." She nods. "Leisha..I- I love you. I really do. That date was one of the best dates. Don't you think so?"

"I do. It was amazing." Her tone is flat making Liam's heart ache.

He sighs. "I though you liked me back?"

The pain etched into his features breaks down Leisha's tough demeanor. She will never be able to find the willpower to argue with his puppy eyes. As she says her next words, she has to blink back tears. "I don't." Leisha Redfern never cries."I'm bloody in love with you James."

Surprise enters his expression. "So why makes this hard?" He doesn't even care if she called him by his middle name.

"Because...because you're confused Liam. You don't love me." Her grip on the cup tightens. "You only think you do." He frowns. "You can't possibly love someone like me. I mean I'm Leisha. And you're blooming Liam Payne. It's absurd."

"You are being bloody absurd."

She groans. "Can't you see Liam? You're confused. I'm only trying to straighten things. You couldn't find any girl on your blind dates, so you settled for someone less. It only makes sense."

"No, no it doesn't. Half the time I was on those dates, I was thinking about you. I was afraid to tell you because you're..you're Leisha. You're afraid of feelings and I didn't want to scare you away. I love you. There's nothing more to it."


"I left him," she whispers. "I left him standing there."

Desiree rubs her temple. "So why the sudden change in attitude?"

"Louis," she sighs. "He invited me to a party. That's why I want a dress. If Liam loves me then...then maybe he won't appreciate the changed. Then I'll know."

Even though the words escaping her best friend's mouth is mostly nonsense, Des knows it's for the better. "So you're finally going to him, yeah?"

"Maybe." If he really does love her.
♠ ♠ ♠
So now you know why she is the way she is.