Sequel: Unreadable
Status: Finished! :)

Tell Me This Then

Her Final Words

She frowns with confusion. Brown eyes are staring right at her, his brows scrunched together and lips in a straight line. His expression seems conflicted. It's a few seconds before his gaze snaps sharply away from her and he weaves his way through the crowd, getting lost within the sea of people.

"What's wrong with him?" Des questions before reaching over the table to grab another chip. Her best friend shrugs unable to come up with answer.

Another person passes the two girls but this time, they stop. Louis shoots the friends a cute grin. "Hey Lish, I thought you wouldn't come! And um Liam is.." he trails off. Blue eyes roam around the cabin. "Is gone. I don't know wh-"

"Lou," she says. "It's okay. He went out a few minutes ago."

He purses his lips before turning to the other lass to his right. "And who's this lovely girl?" Desiree smiles sweetly up at him, not used to how he greeted her. "Is she your best friend? Cause Liam's my best friend."

Leisha gives him a soft punch to the shoulder. "Back off Tomlinson." She grins beginning to walk away and looks back one more time. "I'm going to find James. When I'm out of sight, then you can flirt. I don't wanna be a spectator of it."

The brunette twenty one year old sends the leaving girl a last wink, while Desiree simply pales before a crimson shade appears on her cheeks. She's going to make Leisha pay for this later.

She waves to the other boys as she exits the cabin. The exterior of the small building is like a wooden and box shaped Christmas tree. With multicolored fairy lights wrapped around it, mistletoe underneath the small verandah and other miscellaneous christmas objects stuck on the outside walls.

But the cabin is nothing compared to the lake spread out far. Due to the darkness of the night and the bright full moon, the water looks a deep blue, with slight ripples.

Several meters away is a short pier, holding a couple of small boats. On one of them is a frighteningly familiar figure. Leisha takes the extreme steps towards him. Even though it might not be such a good idea, she mumbles, "Hey."

A sigh is emitted. "The lake looks stunning." She nods softly as his head twists around to face her. "But not like you. You look gorgeous. The dress.."

Leisha is glad that it's dark enough so he won't be able to see her blush. "Yeah I-I thought I'd make an exception for tonight."

He smiles. "Well it looks lovely on you." An uncomfortable ten second silence befalls them before he speaks up again. "Why'd you follow me?"

"Look, Ja-Liam." He smiles, liking the sound of his name slipping from the smooth lips of hers. "It's been bothering me to no end. I'm sorry for doubting you."

Brown eyes darken. "I think I can forgive you. But it still hurts, you know?"

Leisha nods completely understanding his point of view. "Yeah..um, I wanted to talk to you because..oh god I don't even sound like myself anymore!" She sighs deeply. Liam lifts an arm to gesture for her to get into the boat with him. She more than willingly obliges.

"What is it?"

"I want to make it up to you. For not believing and for being so fricking stubborn. Even though I feel stupid for saying, I am so in love with you. Leisha Redfern does not fall in love." Her rant ends abruptly waiting for his expression before continuing. He remains emotionless. "So if you're still willing, please take me back?"

Tears well up in her eyes as Liam pulls her into a tight embrace. "Of course Lish. I love you too much to let you go. But why couldn't you believe me earlier?"

Despite the silent crying, she laughs. "Because you're bloody Liam Payne. Out of all those dates, you chose the girl who wasn't even on that list of blind dates."

He chuckles, brown orbs softening. They remain wrapped within each other's arms, the boat slightly bobbing beneath their feet. "Can I kiss you now? Or does Leisha Redfern not kiss either?"

"Depends on who." She puts on a faux thoughtful expression. "If it's someone named Liam then I'd definitely allow them."

Liam grins at down at her, both their hearts reaching a point where they may end up in cardiac arrest. He leans in, readying himself to meet those lips of hers which he'd been craving for so long. His leg steps out to the side, his right palm resting on her cheek and he bends down.

Forgetting they're on a boat, they instantly topple over. Leisha panics thrashing her arms wildly in the air before Liam wraps his arms around her waist. She calms down realizing they're both okay.

Once they make sense of the situation, laughter then springs from the couple in the lake. Leisha splashes some water into his face. "This is your fault."

"But," he murmurs leaning against a leg of the pier, pulling her closer, "you don't care, do you?"

"Nope."

"If you don't think I love you, tell me why this feels perfect then?" So he presses their lips together, making Leisha realize there was no need to doubt at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alshsjalalalj this this this. This is over, done, nada. I loved wriing this short, cute story and thank you, all of you, for wasting your time on reading it! :) First Liam Payne fic...finished.