Sequel: Unreadable
Status: Finished! :)

Tell Me This Then

Her Senseless Doubts

She steps away from him, grabbing the black coat hanging from his door before scrambling down the stairs in a wild hurry. She doesn't even mutter a single reply as she flees his house. Her thoughts aren't in the correct places, het mind in disarray.

Slipping on the coat she wraps herself with her arms and tries to even out her breaths. The air coming out creates a sort of mist in front of her mouth. It does little for her nerves.

Even after countless visits to his place she still hasn't remembered the street he lives on, much less the suburb. Leisha looks around frantically hoping for a miracle.

As she turns a corner she spots a small park inserting itself in the middle of the street. She eagerly jogs towards the nearest tree, immediately using all four limbs to climb the rough trunk.

When she reaches one of the highest branches, she perches herself on the crook placing an arm on each side, keeping her legs in a tight cross. She continues to watch her breath dance in the atmosphere.

It isn't until she has eventually relaxed, that her mind begins to whir with the previous events once more. The face of the person she least wants to see right now flashes in front of her eyes. She closes them, wishing for him to disappear.

It is not that she's mad at him for finally blurting out his feelings for her, after all she has secretly wished it to happen herself but now that the time has come she's terrifically worried. Leisha has never mulled over what she would feel if that will ever happen. Now it has and she isn't sure she wants it anymore.

"Leisha!" he screams worry written all over his features, basically cementing the stress lines onto his face. "Leisha! Please! I'm sorry!"

He has been roaming the block for around five minutes, desperate to find the runaway girl. Liam didn't plan on confessing the truth but he despised lying to her, and even if he did, she would've known it.

The girl sitting on the thick branch freezes at the dreaded familiar voice. "No no no no," she whispers and at the moment she sees his figure, lifts up her legs to fold them against her torso.

Liam reaches the park, admitting defeat, then decides to take a seat on the park bench, rewarding himself with a quick break. He positions his elbows on his knees before dropping his head on the palm of his widespread hands.

A lightning of guilt flashes through her body. Though she isn't going to allow herself to weaken at the sight of the familiar boy. A whimper escapes her lips letting her know that she might give up sooner than she thinks.

"So," she exclaims deciding to take a lighter approach. "Are you gonna look for me or just mope around all day?"

His head snaps up. "Lish?"

Leisha produces a bitter yet soft laugh, sending tingles to course through his nerves system. "No, no I think you're talking about my twin."

The boy manages a weak smile while he trudges towards the base of the tree, looking up at the mischievous girl hiding in its blanket of leaves. Her smile is wicked but her eyes tell a different story. "What's wrong?"

"Stop looking up at my und-"

Liam frowns. "Leisha, tell me."

She lowers herself down to the ground to be at his level again. Her grey eyes rise up to meet his brown ones. She has always thought that his eyes offer warmth, comfort and a trustworthy friend. That is, until Leisha began to see him as more than that.

"I can't believe it Liam. I can't believe you fancy me." She shakes then bows down her head. She watches her two hands fiddle around.

The reply confuses Liam even more. "Why not?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Why not?

So...the story is finally beginning and the chase is on.