Status: Work in Progress

Friends, Love & Misunderstandings

Jessie

So Luke's been gone for about half an hour now. I'm taking that to be a good sign, but what do I know? As I'm staring at the lights which have been strung around the meadow, a voice interrupts my contemplation.
"Hey, Jessie," Adam drawls from somewhere behind me. I sigh before turning to face him.

Damn, he looks good tonight. His blond hair is tousled and just falling into his deep blue eyes. I see him smirk and raise an eyebrow as I appraise his dark jeans and blue Hollister shirt. Usually I hate Hollister clothing, but on Adam it just looks... right. He clears his throat and snaps my attention back. Shit! Did I really just check him out while he was watching me? 'Bad move, Jessie!' a voice in my mind shouts at me. 'He's a player, you know that. You don't want to get involved with him!' I glance back to Adam. Why is he staring at me so expectantly? Crap, I still haven't said anything to him, have I?

"What do you want, Adam?" I snap with annoyance, more at myself than at him, though his cocky smirk is annoying me more and more by the second.
"You," is the only reply I get. I blush. I can't help it. It's some sort of Pavlovian response - and how I hate it.
"Shut up, what did you really want?"
"Well, I actually came over to see if you knew where Luke was?" he replies, moving to sit next to me.
"Yeah, he left to find Sophie a while ago..." I reply wryly, reaching for my drink.
"What's with that tone, Jessica? Are those two finally going to get it on?" Adam nudges my arm and winks at me.

"Oh shut up," I laugh. "And you know I hate being called Jessica."
"Point taken, but you didn't answer my question, Jessie." Adam studies my face intently. "What's the story?"
"Okay, fine! Yes, I think they're finally going to get together. Happy now?"
"Delighted," he replies, smirking at me once again. "It's about time! Now, you're looking far too lonely over here by yourself. Come and dance with me!"

I have no choice in the matter. Adam grabs my hand and pulls me up to dance before I can protest. As he swings me around and pulls me into his arms, my protestations die in my throat. I might as well enjoy dancing with him while I can, just this once.
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah, I've finally updated again. I know this is terrible, but oh well. I'm sorry for not updating in ages! I've been swamped with school work and everything's been a bit hectic... Hope you all had a great Christmas and thank you for reading :)
Please don't be a silent reader, let me know what you think!