Status: ALIVE every full moon (:

Underneath the Moonlight

Adrenaline

Alaycia's P.O.V


Night-time: my usual favorite time of the day. Don't get me wrong, I love the day time and whatnot, but when the sun sets and the moon rises... I just get this feeling like... Like everything is magical. The sky, the land, just everything comes alive and I can feel every bit of it and it makes me happy like no other.

Right now, I don't feel any happiness. Right now, all I can feel is my heart trying to beat out of my chest as I'm running for my life in the forest.

Image


I don't remember how long I've been running, but due to the screaming agony in my bare feet as they hit the ground with each step, I'm guessing it's been wayy over a while. My breathing is going uncontrollably uneven and I'm losing oxygen by the minute. I need to stop. I really need to stop before I kill myself out here, but I can't. There is so much adrenaline pumping through my veins that I CAN'T stop.

'No, you mustn't stop. You keep going no matter what. Trust no one or anything. Do not stop until you reach home.' My conscience told me. 'If you stop now, they will find you.'

"NO! I won't let them find me!" I said to myself as I ran even faster, "I won't go back. I. Will. Never. Go. Back!!"

More pain shoots throughout my body as the small branches of trees slice along my bare arms and legs. The black dress that I'm wearing is slashed with rips and tears. As fear races around my being, I still try to think about what’s happening.

'Home. Think of home. Think of safety. Think of family. Home... Safety.... Family.' I chanted non-stop as I clenched onto my necklace.

I can't tell if it's because I'm tired or if I'm crying that's blurring my vision at the moment. I try to wipe the wetness away, but each time I do more tears escape from my eyes and run down my face.

"Pleasee." I say in between my sobbing. "Someone, please help me!!"

My feet escalate up a hill where I can see a road up ahead. I make my way onto the pavement, when a pair of bright headlights of a car blind me. My hands go up in defense, trying to block the lights, but they get brighter as I hear the tires start to squeal. The fear inside me makes me let out a scream as I hear the car come closer. Before it could hit me, I stumbled with my feet and tripped as I fell on the other side of the road where I met the rough ground again.

I heard people get out of the car, and with no choice, I panicked as I scrambled to get up and kept running the direction I was headed to. The people must've heard me cry as they yelled for me to stop. I reminded myself on how I must trust no one until I get home safe and sound, so I ignored their calls.
A few minutes later, I hear noises behind me. I look behind, not slowing down once, and see that someone is following me. I remember the people from before and thought if they went to get me, but that all faded when the person following me got down on all fours and ran faster than any regular human. For a few seconds, I was able to catch their scent and my heart skipped a beat.

'Oh no! This person is one of them! They found me and now they're about to get me!!!' I mentally shrieked. With no hesitation, I lifted my arms up and threw them down and a second later, I felt enormous tree branches fall behind me and set ablaze, blocking the path between me and my pursuer. I kept going, knowing that I really shouldn't stop now. I look behind me once again and see that the flames of the branches have spread.

'Well, that should slow them down for a while.'


Image


After a while, my pursuer stopped trying to find me and that put my mind at ease for a bit. I slowed down my running pase, but it wasn't by much. My legs feel like they are going to collapse any minute now, and I can't say that I can blame them for that. My body is in a very weak state right now, I'm surprised it even managed to last this long. My vision is blurred, my heart is trying to beat itself out of my chest, my stomach is in serious knots, and my chest is closing up to the point where I can't get a single breath of oxygen into my system.

'Keep going, Alaycia. You're almost there.' The little voice inside my head encouraged me. It was enough for me to keep moving.
Well, just enough for me to accidently go too far out and fall down a small cliff and land near a large pond in the middle of the woods. I let out a small scream as I fell and my head hits something hard, almost blacking out instantly. I push my arms to lift me up, but they fail me.

I don’t have any strength left.

I can’t move my body.

I'm helpless...


I started sobbing as I lay onto the hard wet surface, like the little crybaby that I am. While I'm crying, I look down and I can see all the blood that escaped from my small wounds on me. The images get even more faded as my head started to hurt and I felt a strong dizziness coming over me.

No, I won't die here like this. I refuse to die just yet.

I managed to stop the tears rolling down my face, when I heard something near by. My ears picked up the sound of rustling leaves and heavy breathing. The noises got louder and louder as it came towards my direction. From the vibrations I could feel on the ground, it's only one person or thing that's coming.

'Dammit, I don't have enough strength to protect myself. I can barely move my arms to make any movement at all.' I mentally said I tried to force my body to move but no such luck.
The noises became louder as they turned into solid footsteps this time. Even though my vision is blurred, I saw the shadow first before I saw the person. The figure belonged to a teenager, a boy, probably around my age. As he came closer to me, I remembered his scent from earlier.

'It's my pursuer from before. Guess he still kept following me after the branches fell.'
The teenager rushed to my side immediately and examined me. His face sort of reminded me of a little boy, not like the monstrous ones that I was running from. It was then that he spoke.

"Hey, are you alright?" I was confused at the moment by his question. I guess he's not with the pack who were after me.

He examined me again and I watched his eyes grow wide with shock. He must see the blood on my body...
The boy turned his head when another noise came from behind him. I saw the shadow and then the figure of another guy his age, but I could tell that this one is fully human. He was running but he stopped when he got near his friend and saw me.

"Oh my God, is she dead?" the guy asked his friend.

"No, she's alive, but she's hurt pretty bad." He answered him an then turned his attention back to me. "Can you hear me? If you can, blink or do something."

Seeing as how I can't really do anything to protect myself, I figure that I'll just do whatever it takes to stay alive. So far, the only I could move is my mouth so I used it to my advantage.

"...I...can hear....you." I say to him in between breathing. My throat is so dry and closed up, it evens hurts to speak.

"She's conscious!" The other boy exclaimed as he rubbed the back of his hand and his friend just looked at him weird.

"Can you move at all?" The one closest to me asked. I shut my eyes as the pain in my head intensified.

"It hurts... it hurts." I whimpered as I felt tears escaping again. The boy muttered something to his friend and then it sounded like he ran off somewhere.

"I'm gonna carry you since you can't move, okay?" The boy told me. "I promise you we'll get you some help."
I had no choice but to let him to pick me up from the ground. He hesitated at first, thinking that I might start screaming in pain but when I gave him no response, he started running with me in tow. As my pursuer/savior ran, I thought about what just happened.

'Why? Why is this werewolf helping me? Couldn't he tell from my scent about what I am? Maybe he doesn't have a clue, which helps me a lot.
But his friend... where did he run off to? Did he run off to go get help or did he go somewhere else? What really confuses me is that.... I somehow know their voices. Like I've heard them before... in a memory of some sort.'


I was really curious as I opened my eyes and tried to clear them as much as possible to look at the were's face. Short curly hair, dark eyes, tan-ish skin, and an uneven jawline... Why does that seem familiar?

He stopped running as we came out of the woods and my eyes picked up the brightest pair of lights ever and a whole bunch of voices started surrounding me. As my subconscious started taking over, I remembered the boy's face and an name popped up. Right as I blacked out, I said the name that came into my head.

"... Scott ?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Alaycia

So, how did you guys like that cliff-hanger? I know you guys are probably like screaming at the computer wondering what the hell just happened, like what my cousin @InfiniteLove; would do. Lol, but the reason why I ended it as a cliff hanger is because something else is going to happen even better in the next chapter, which I should have up in the matter of a few days.
I don't know if this chapter was interesting to you guys, so leave a comment and tell me your opinion(s), because I would really love to hear them and reply back.

Rate/Comment/Subscribe/Recommend

Forever yours,
Momo~