Status: ALIVE every full moon (:

Underneath the Moonlight

Full Moon

Alaycia's P.O.V


I woke up the next morning in my bed in my brother's house. I looked around, wondering how was it that I got in here. Trying to rub my eyes, I felt something scratchy against me. I looked down to see a folded piece of paper in my hand. Curious to what it was, I unfolded it to find a note written in Isaac's handwriting.

You fell asleep before the movie ended and you looked so peaceful that I didn't want to wake you. I know first day back must've been hard on you, but I know it'll be okay from now on. Now that you're back, I won't let anyone ever hurt you again. If you ever need my help in anything, you know where to find me. Can't wait to see you tomorrow.

Izzy.


That's right. After school, Isaac did come over to see how I was doing. To be honest, I was so glad that he came to visit me. After almost a year of being gone, I had missed my best friend like crazy. It sucks that I couldn't tell him everything that happened. It's not the fact that it was really horrifying about what happened; it's just that he wouldn't believe me even if I did tell him.

I got up from my bed and went into my bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I made my eyes glow vivid amethyst as I held up my hand and immediately a small ball of fire materialized out of thin air. The small flame sat floating in my hand no matter which way I moved it. I turned around and flicked the fireball onto my candle across the room, which ignited it.

"How can you tell your best friend that you got kidnapped by a bunch of werewolves because they wanted to use your powers for their own personal gain?" I said absentmindedly as I faced my mirror again. I took off my shirt and turned around revealing the image of a lotus that has been planted there since forever. People ask me if it's a tattoo, but it's not. The image showed up on my back when I found out what I really was.

Trying to get off topic, I put my shirt back on and went to go find Chris. As I stepped outside my room, I couldn't hear a thing. No movement, no breathing, not even a heartbeat. Besides me, the house was completely silent.

"Chris?" I called out to him. No answer. I checked his room. He wasn't there. I went downstairs and he was nowhere in sight. My last resort was to look outside and I noticed that his car wasn't in the driveway.

"Guess he left for work already." I said out loud. Just as I ended my sentence, the house phone started to ring. I went and checked the caller i.d. and it read Beacon Hills Police Dep. I answered it, immediately knowing who was on the other line.

"Good morning to you too, Chris." I said into the phone, hearing my brother's laugh on the other side.

"I was just calling to see if you were up yet." He said. "How did you sleep last night?"

"I slept okay. To be honest, I don't even remember falling asleep." I told him, recalling back to last night.

"I can tell. When I came home late, you were passed out on the couch. I tried to wake you up, but you were determined to stay unconscious so I picked you up and tucked you in your bed." He informed. "I have some news I want to tell you."

"What is it?" He got my attention as he told me the next sentence.

"We found Lydia."

"Alive?" I asked, my curiosity getting the best of me.

"Yes, Laci. She's alive and well in one piece. The only thing that was strange is that she can't remember why she was wandering around the woods for two days; naked that I might add."

"That I didn't need to know." Shaking the thought out of my head and he laughed again.

"Sorry, but it's the truth. I had to come to the station early because Sheriff needed me for something. Speaking of which, I'll have to get off the line in a few minutes." He informed me.

"It's fine, go back to work so you don't lose your job." I laughed with him before it hit me. "Wait Chris, who's taking me to school since you're not here?"

"Ohh, I got that taken care of this morning. He should be there in about half an hour so might as well start getting ready, Laci." He told me.

"Who is it, Chris?" I asked again.

"You'll know when you find out." Chris sounded way too happy in the other end, like he's planning something. Before I could interrogate him some more, he hung up the phone, leaving very confused and anxious onto who is taking me to school today. With that feeling, I began preparing my morning routine of taking a quick shower, getting dressed and having breakfast before my 'escort' arrives. Just as I finished my cereal, my eyes wander onto the calender where it showed today's date. Usually nothing of this is important at all until I saw the little icon under the date.

'Tonight's the night of a full moon.' The realization popped into my head as I stared at the little icon. 'Everything supernatural is coming alive tonight, especially...'

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard the sound of knocking coming off the front door. I grabbed my stuff and went to look into the peephole, and I kid you not, my day hasn't even started yet and already I'm starting to dread it. I took a deep breath before opening the door to see a familiar face that I wasn't plan on seeing.

"So I'm guessing you're my ride to school today?" My voice had a tint of annoyance as I locked the door behind me on my way out.

"You say that like it's a bad thing." Jackson's arrogance reeked all over him and it's driving me sick.

"Because it's you it is." I mumbled as I brushed past him and made my way to his Porsche. I could feel his eyes boring into my back as I waited for him to get in the car.

"Princess Laci, so stubborn as always." Jackson turned his grin into a half smile as he turned on the engine and drove away.

"Don't call me 'Princess', Whittemore." I sent him a death glare and he just laughed as his ego inflated.

My eyes kept its gaze in the window so that I could avoid his gaze but I could still feel his eyes on me, even when he's driving. Jackson even pushed his limits by trying to place his hand on my thigh. I quickly grabbed his hand and had the urge to break it, but sadly I refused to do so.

"Don't touch me." I sternly said to him while still avoiding eye contact. His laugh pulsated through the car.

"You need to loosen up, Princess. Have some fun." He told me as he tried to wrap his hand around mine. Before he could even crasp onto me, my fingers tightly wrapped onto his wrist and applied pressure to where it could hurt him.

"You can stop trying to play with me, Jackson. I know you're still with Lydia."

His whole body tone changed when I brought up her name. He let go of me and placed both of his hands on the wheel and this time refused to make eye contact with me. After a few minutes of silence, I spoke this time.

"You know the police found her last night."

He acted like he didn't care at all about the news, but I knew he was lying to himself. I didn't need to use my powers to know that Jackson still loves and cares for Lydia. Neither of us spoke again until we got onto school grounds. As soon as he put the car in park, I tried to rush out of the car but Jackson still had doors locked.

"Laci." I turned around to see what he wanted but still kept my body pressing to the door, waiting to get out. "Look, I know that I'm not really good on the whole friendship thing, especially when it comes to us."

'As if you think there is an us, pretty boy.'

"But I know you've had a rough time recently, and I'm just trying to make you feel comfortable again."

"What I feel right now being alone with you in your car, is way far from comfortable, Jackson." I told him, getting a weird feeling in my gut, "Can you please let me out?"

He very slowly opened the car and I sprinted out of the Porsche. Halfway towards the parking lot, I can hear him from behind me.

"You can at least say thank you for me driving you here." His normal tone returned to him. I looked back with my sarcastic tendencies tingling.

"Yes, Jackson, Thank you for the most awkward ride to school that I obviously didn't need." With those words, I left him there in the parking lot and went straight inside. The bell wouldn't ring for at least another hour, so I wandered around for the campus for a bit. After a while until I eventually find myself outside again near the Lacrosse field. The team had an early practice so I figure that it shouldn't hurt watching them before class starts. I go over to the bleachers and sit in the very middle of the stands. Since I barely had any homework last night, I pulled out my phone and started absentmindedly going through it. Ten minutes go by and the players finally emerge from the locker room. I watched as Danny, Matt, Jackson, Stiles and the others make their place on the field. With everyone out, I suddenly got a strange sensation. I closed my eyes and let my abilities assess the moment.
Within seconds, I could feel the presence of another supernatural being here besides Scott and I. Since the woods are right behind me, that's the first place I look for. I get up from the bleachers and went behind them but didn't stray too far. I couldn't see anything, but I made my orbs glow just to magnify my senses. There was indeed something out there, but it didn't seem that threatening. I still didn't trust it, but I turned my attention away from it when I hear commotion on the field. My eyes went back to normal as I watch Scott just run into almost every member of the lacrosse team. Coach Finstock kept threatening him to stop, but Scott wouldn't listen. I went on the other side to get a closer look as he tackled poor Danny to the ground and then got on top of him and did something.

'Is he... sniffing him?' I eyed Scott carefully. 'What in the hell is he doing?'

After Danny, it was suppose to be Jackson's turn but he passed which meant it was Isaac's turn now. Just before he went, Isaac gave off this weird vibe that I've never seen before. It was something completely different, but I watched as both he and Scott ran towards each other. After the impact, they both landed in the same position: on all fours in an animal-like position. They looked up at each other and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I can tell that Scott's werewolf senses were on because his eyes glowed vivid yellow.

But so are Isaac's.....

'No, this can't be true.' I mentally prayed in my head. My thoughts were interrupted when I saw the Sheriff and three other deputies following behind him, one of them being Chris. I immediately ran up to Chris and he saw me coming towards him with a worried look on his face.

"Chris, what's going on?" I ask him and he didn't say anything. He rubbed his head and looked back over at Sheriff Stilinski and the other two deputies who were talking to Isaac. "Chris, what is going on?"

"Please don't freak out, Laci." Chris finally spoke.

"Just tell me why are they talking to Isaac." I tried to pressure him into talking. After he wouldn't say anything for a little bit, I grabbed his arm.

"Chris, please don't make me go desperate to find answers." I could feel my powers surge through me as I know he could see my eyes. "Tell me why my best friend is being interrogated!"

"No need for that, little sister." He took my hold off of him and finally began explaining. "We found the body of Isaac's father."

"Body?" I put the two pieces together. "His dad is dead?"

"Yes he's dead." He whispered as more people were becoming curious as what was happening on the field. "His body was beyond our care when we found him. Now we don't know who or even what did this, but we are getting to the bottom of this, starting with Isaac."

One of the worst thought was put into my head, "You guys don't that Isaac is the one responsible for this? He's harmless, Isaac couldn't hurt a thing if he could!"

"I don't believe it, Laci, but this is just protocal." He informed me. "Until we can find all of the answers and solve all of this, Lahey is going to have to come with us."

I wanted to protest to the idea so bad, but he told me that everything is going to be fine. After all that he told me, nothing about this seems right. I watched as Chris went back to the other deputies as they escorted Isaac off of the field. My eyes wandered off to see Scott and Stiles looking at Isaac too, and then turned their gaze to me. Just as I was about to ask the two of them if they knew anything, the school bell went off, signaling that classes start soon. I grabbed my stuff off the bleachers and head stright to towards the building trying to get my mind off of things. Just I was right outside my first period class, Officer Baker stopped me from going inside.

"Miss Williams, I'm going have to ask you to come with me, please."

Anxiety began coursing through my body. "Might I ask why?"

"Sheriff Stilinski would like to ask you a few questions concerning the Lahey boy." He informed me. People were looking at me but I ignored him as I agreed to go with him. We went right inside in the front office where the Sheriff, three other deputies and an old man who I think is the Principal were waiting for me.

"Hello Alaycia. Mind if we ask you a few things?" Stiles's dad warmly greeted me while escorting me into an open room next to the office. Two other officers followed us inside. "It's been a while since we've met. How are you holding up on things around here?"

I have to choose my words carfeully so that I don't say something stupid or give anything away. "I'm taking it one step at a time, sir. Thank you for asking."

"That's a relief. Now for the real reason why you're here: You are the only person we know of that has a strong connection to the Lahey family. How long have you known the Laheys?"

"The first one I met was Camden Lahey, Isaac's older brother. He became close friends with my brother around the time I was 6 yers old. I didn't meet the rest of the family until shortly after."

"What can you tell us about the boys' father? What type of relationship did we have with his sons?" He asked.

"Mr. Lahey was very hostile towards the boys sometimes after their mother passed away."

"Why is that?"

"In my opinion, their dad was never the type of person to be so well liked. He always had a very short temper, especially when things didn't go exactly the way he planned. Mr. Lahey favored Camden because of his unique abilities on the Beacon Hills Swim Team. With him as their coach, Mr. Lahey pushed everyone to their limits, mainly his own son. Camden eventually had enough, so he got himself enlisted into the military. With his wife dead and Camden gone, the only person he could get his anger out on is his youngest son, Isaac."

"Can you describe your relationship with Isaac Lahey with us?" I took a deep breath as my anxiety kept taking over.

"He's my best friend and I his." I began explaining. "We met through both of our brothers and have been close ever since. His father hated the idea of us being friends. He told him that I was a bad influence on Isaac, that I was going to take him away from his family."

"Why would he say something like that?" The sheriff honestly looked puzzled by my comment.

"Because whenever we would hang out, it was either at my place or somewhere other than his house. After a while, Isaac told me that I couldn't go by his house anymore. When I asked why, he kept telling me that it was for my safety. Shortly after he would come to see me, his eye would be bruised, have a cut on him somewhere, or his hands look bandaged from something. I kept asking him what happened, and he would just tell me the same excuse; to not worry about him."

"Do you believe that Isaac was being abused by his father?" He asked me.

"I didn't believe it first.. until I snuck over to his place one night. His dad was gone doing something so Isaac was left at the house alone. I came over to surprise him, and of course he freaked out, but since his dad wouldn't come back for a long time, he eased up and let me in. We didn't realize that we lost track of time and his dad came home early. Of course he wasn't happy that I was there, so he told me to leave. Isaac tried to stand up to him... one thing lead to another and next thing I knew, he was getting beat right in front of me. I tried to stop it, but his dad told me that everything will get worse if I try to interfere ever again."

I could feel a tear escape from my eye as I told Sheriff the important part of the story. "He told me that if I told anyone what just happened... that he was going to do worse things to Isaac. He got hurt trying to defend me. I know they had their differences but Isaac would never hurt his own father, let alone kill him!"

"I understand that, Alaycia." Sheriff Stilinski assured me. "But until we get to the bottom of this, Isaac is going to have to stay with us. it's only necessary protocol."

I placed my face in my hands and tried to calm myself down. I heard the door and I guess the other policeman let himself out because I could the Sheriff's hand place itself on my shoulder.

"I know you've been through a lot recently and this news might as well top the cake, but you shouldn't need to worry about this. Why don't you just go on back to class and get on through the rest of your day?" He tried to cheer me up. but there was no way that's possible right now.

I uncovered my face and looked straight at him with my eyes glossy from almost crying. "My best friend, who is innocent, is going to jail and you're telling me to not worry about it."

Sheriff dropped his head and let out a deep breath. "Thank you for coming to talk to us, Miss Williams."

I stormed out the room without giving anyone else so much as a second glance. There was no way I could focus on school right now. Not at this moment. With my emotions at an all time high, I had to get away. I make it to an empty hallway where I could feel my powers increasing. I let it take over as I punch right through the window in front of me, shattering the entire thing. Fire came out of the impact and melted every shard of glass before they could hit the floor. There wasn't enough flames to activate the spinkler system, which I guess is a good thing but there's now the problem of a whole wall sized window being melted off. I look down on my hand to see the damage I caused. There were tiny shards of glass imbedded in my hand especially around my knuckles. I watched as every piece pushed itself out of my skin and my body healed itself instantly.

'I really need to control my emotions, more importantly my anger.' I thought to myself. My eyes suddenly wandered to the cameras that were at each end of the hallway.

'But starters, let's get rid of the evidense.' I put my hand up and melted both of the cameras with one flick of my wrist. My concentration was interrupted when the bell went off, signaling our next class to start. I walked away before anyone would suspect anything of me. I looked at the time on the clock above and thought to myself that this is going to be a long day.

Image


So many thoughts were going through my head all day, it's amazing how I lasted this far without having another episode like I did this morning. I didn't even pay attention to anything at school. Nothing else seemed important to me other than finding out the truth behind this whole case.

1)Who or what killed Mr. Lahey last night?
2)Why was he killed in the first place?
3)Why is Isaac being kept in a holding cell if he's innocent?

The other two questions were impossible for me to comprehend.

4)Is Isaac really innocent?
5)Is Isaac now a werewolf?

I wanted so desperately to find Scott since I know he knows something about this, but he was nowhere to be found. I thought about if Stiles might be able to help but he apparently got detention again for Harris, so all of my leads are gone. With all of my best options being crossed out, there's only thing left I can do: Go to Isaac himself and ask what happened.
After my brother picked me up from school and dropped me at home, he told me that they cancelled visiting rights for Isaac so I couldn't come see him. I pleaded and begged him, but Chris wouldn't budge at all. He told me to stay at home until his shift is over. I've been here for hours contemplating on what I should do. I went over to the window to see the sun setting and the moon hovering above in its fullest form.
If I'm correct and Isaac is indeed a werewolf, then I would need to go see him now before he... turns. I hated that assumption, but I needed to see him. I walked outside to the front yard where there is a huge oak tree on the side of the house right where my room is. I made sure there was no one around and let my powers surge once more. The oak glowed wildly and I stepped right inside the bark, going into the tree. The life of nature surround me all at once as I felt its pull on my body. The sensation last only a minte or so before the pull stopped and I emerged out of the tree. I was no longer at my brother's house, instead I was just a few feet away from the police station. It was dark enough to where I was easily hidden in the background. I make due of the clearest opening I had and took it. I had to be fast enough to where no one could spot me. I tracked the strange new scent until I eventually found the holding cell where Isaac is. When I saw him, my immediately reaction was to cry, but I held it in. He must've heard me because his head shot up and gazed at me.

"Alaycia, what are you doing here?" The expression in his eyes were both happy and sad.

"What does it look like I'm doing, Isaac?" I told him trying to hold back tears. "I had to see it for myself to see if it was true."

"I didn't kill him. It wasn't me, I swear." He explained rapidly. "Someone or something else killed my dad. I'm telling you the truth, Laci."

"I believe you, Isaac, but that's not the main reason why I came here." I swallowed the lump that began to form in my throat and took a deep breath.

"Laci?" His voice was almost a whimper as I blinked and a tear almost escaped from my eye.

"Is it true that you're one of them now?" My voice was barely a whisper this time, but I know that he could hear me.

He tried to pull it off but couldn't. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Don't lie to me, Isaac. I can tell by your scent." I said it too soon and the look on his face was beyond surprised. He tried to say something to me, but he suddenly clenched onto his head and turned away from me. His whole body started shivering and I instantly became worried.

"Isaac, are you in pain?" I moved closer to me, but even with a cell seperating us, he backed away from me.

"Get out of here, Laci." he said to me while still being turned away. His breathing became uneasy and he was shaking even more now

"Isaac, I can help you, just look at me." I got closer to him, even reaching my hand past the bars to him. In that moment, I know I should've listened to him. Within a second flat, Isaac turned around and growled at me with newly found fangs and glowing yellow eyes. His claws tried to grab at me but I fell backwards landing on the floor. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, and what's worse is that I couldn't believe that my assumption is correct.

'My best friend of all time is now a werewolf.'

I couldn't stop the tears from falling as I ran away from him without even once glancing back. I wanted to believe that all of this is just one big nightmare, but it isn't. This is all real. I cursed everything that night: the supernatural, werewolves, the one who turned Isaac, and the fact that tonight just had to be the night of a full moon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

Hey guys!!!!! I'm back from the dead so to speak. With major writer's block, it took me longer than usual to post this chapter but it's finally up here!!!

Tell what you guys think. I would love to hear your opinions on this chapter. With enough feedback, I'll hopefully be inspired to hurry up with the next update, because you'll get to find out a huge secret about Alaycia!!

Love to hear from you little creatures,
~Momo