Sequel: All Your Life
Status: Completed.

Never Told You

Chapter 10

Marliegh

"What's with you tonight?" Brad asked as he followed me through my apartment's front door, "Who gave you any right to say that shit to Ry?"

"Like it wasn't true." I muttered under my breath, feeling awfully sorry for myself. Of course it wasn't true; I can't believe I said any of it. Ry's my best friend, why would I hurt her like that?

"Tyler called, says she hasn't stopped crying all fucking night. You really fucking messed her up Mar, way to be a good best friend." I cringed at his words, trying to busy myself with getting a glass of water, "And on the topic of saying things, we're you actually going to mention running into fucking Kane?" he asked, jealousy flashing behind his eyes as I rolled mine.

"It's not a big deal-"

"Of course it's a big deal!" he snapped, "Kane was-"

"I think I'd know about my relationship with Evander Kane! You don't need to fucking remind me how much fucking history I have with that loser, it's just that - history!"

"History often repeats itself." he muttered in protest, pushing me right over the edge again.

"Get out."

"What?" he asked, looking over at me surprised as I slammed my water glass on the counter and walked past him into my bedroom.

I grabbed his still packed suitcase off the floor and hauled it onto the bed to zip it up.

"What the fuck, Mar?"

"Get out! I already feel like fucking shit because of what I said to Ry, I don't need you fucking voicing your stupid insecurities right fucking now. Grow up and get the fuck out of my apartment!"

"Mar-" he started in a warning tone but I shook my head interrupting him.

"Get out! I just want to be alone!"

"Fine, I'll go, but you're going to regret it Marliegh." he grabbed his suit case and shook his head as he walked out of my room and let himself out of the apartment.

I fell back onto the bed, tears streaming down my face before my head even hit the pillow. I'm an idiot, a huge fucking idiot. It's bad enough I hurt Ry, now I'm taking it out on Brad. What's wrong with me?

However many hour later I woke up, tears once again streaming down my face as I remembered the events from last night. The ache in my heart was worse the next morning without a cloud of whiskey to dull it's intensity. I rolled out of bed and ran to the kitchen to find my phone, I need Marshy, I need to know we're okay.

I dialed his number and held my breath as it rang four times and went to voicemail.

"Marshy, I'm so sorry. I don't know...I should never have...I'm so sorry baby, please please please call me. I love you." I groveled to his voicemail, trying not to break down on the spot as I hung up and tried him again. This time it went to voicemail after the first ring.

"Brad," I sobbed as my voice broke, "Please, I'm so sorry about last night, I didn't mean a fucking thing I said, I swear. You had no reason to be worried about Evander, but I love that you love me enough to worry. Please, call me. I love you."

I hit redial, hoping he'd pick up this time but, it went straight to voicemail and I hung up instead of leaving another embarrassing message. Instead I dialed another familiar number and waited as it rang.

"Morning Mar." Tyler answered in a gloomy tone.

"Morning." I cursed myself as my voice broke.

"Honey, are you crying?" Tyler asked surprised and I could hold it in any longer.

"Marshy and I glad a huge blow up last night, I kicked him out and he won't answer my calls. I really fucked things up, Ty."

"I'll be right there, Mar."

5 minutes later there was a knock in the door and Tyler wrapped me in a bear hug as soon as I opened it.

"What happened, Mar?" he asked, closing the door and walking me over to the couch as another wave a tears washed over me.

I retold Tyler every word of our fight after the club as best as I could between sobs. He rubbed my back reassuringly and when I was done he wrapped me in another bear hug.

"We both know that's not enough to come between you and Marshy. You two are both little volcanoes, always erupting over the littlest things. The Honey Badger just needs a little time to cool off." Tyler chuckled, kissing my forehead.

I heard a key in the lock and smiled, "Maybe that's him." I beamed kissing Tyler's cheek.

"So I was right." a familiar voice accused and I turned to see Milan standing beside the open door.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I asked, my blood already starting to boil, "Just because mom invited you to my grad doesn't change anything. You're dead to me, Milan. I don't fucking want you anywhere near me-"

"Couldn't you do any fucking better than Segs? Couldn't find another older guy to waste his time on you so you had to rob the fucking cradle?" he shot back, "He's too fucking young for you, Mar."

"Why do you give a shit!" I yelled at him and he looked shocked, "You and your little skank aren't welcome in my life anymore, so my choices are of no fucking consequence to you. Get the fuck out!"

"He's just a kid, Mar!" Milan yelled, getting frustrated.

"At least I'm not having one." I shot back and he flinched, shaking his head.

"What's going on in here?" a familiar voice asked and I glanced behind Milan to Marshy standing in the doorway.

"Did you know Marliegh and Tyler were together?" Milan asked and Brad's face fell as he glanced between the two of us.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" He yelled and my heart dropped into the pit of my stomach, my voice going with it. This isn't happening.

"Dude, it's not what it looks like." Tyler insisted, getting up off the couch, walking over to his team mates and putting some distance between us.

"Fuck you, Tyler! It's exactly what it looks like! I walked in on you and my sister! You're lucky I don't kill you, you plug!" Milan yelled and Brad's face fell further as he glanced over at me.

"Is it true?" he asked, but for once in my life I was speechless.

"Of course it's not man, I wouldn't do that! We're just friends, you know that Marshy!" Tyler insisted, sticking up for me.

"You didn't look like just friends at the club." Milan scoffed and Brad looked over at him shocked, "They were all over each other dancing together last night."

"We weren't-" Tyler didn't finish his protest as Brad's fist connected with his face and he stumbled backwards into the back of the couch.

"Fuck you, Seguin." he practically growled before looking over at me, "Fuck you too, we're through."

He stormed out of the apartment as I finally found my voice, "Brad wait!"

I stumbled off the couch and ran around it to the door only for Milan to stop me, "What did he mean 'we're through', Mar?" he asked and I glared up at him as I pulled out of his grip.

"You fucking idiot! Marshy is my boyfriend, not Tyler!"

I ran out of the apartment but the elevator doors were already closed. I debated running down the stairs, but I knew I'd never catch up with him. I turned back and went back inside my apartment, heading straight to the kitchen to grab a pack of peas for Tyler.

"I'm so sorry about that Tyler." I frowned, pressing the bag into what is going to be a massive black eye.

"It's alright, if I thought my best friend and my girl were going behind my back, I'd give him a shiner too." he half heartedly chuckled but winced as he tried to smile.

I smile thankfully at Ty before glaring at Milan over my shoulder, "You can get the fuck out of here anytime."

"Marliegh, I'm sorry I didn't mean-"

"I don't care what you didn't mean to do, Milan. You didn't mean to hurt Ry, yet you ruined her life. Now you've ruined mine too, so why don't you just leave before you find a way to make things worse!" I screamed at him and he frowned, nodding as he let himself out and the tears I was holding back started to fall.

"Marliegh." Tyler sighed, pulling the bag of peas away from his face and wrapping me in a hug, "It's going to be fine. Once Brad calms down, we'll go and explain everything. He loves you, he has for far too long to give up on you just like that."

"I've never seen him that angry." I cried, burring my face in Tyler's chest, "He hates me, Ty."

Rylan

I woke up the next morning and had the urge to go to the studio. I still had an unfinished routine I was working on before all of this mess happened. I went to the bathroom and cleaned up a bit. My face and eyes were still red from crying last night.

I changed into sweatpants, a sports bra and a crop top and slipped on my silver, sparkle high tops I threw my hair up into a messy bun and grabbed my iPod and phone from the chargers and threw them into my bag, before going downstairs.

I grabbed a banana and two bottles of water before picking out my dad’s keys. Grabbing a post-it and a pen from the drawer, I left my parents a quick note.

At the studio. Took dad’s car.
Love you,
Ry


I left the note on the counter and peeled open the banana and started to eat it as I slung my bag over my shoulder and went outside. I got in the car - a BMW m3 - and started the ignition, then drove to the studio, while listening to the radio.

When I got to the studio, I parked and got out, grabbing my bag and locking the doors.

“Rylan?” the girl behind the front desk asked.

“Hey Ali!” I smiled, recognizing her from my days on the Giants dance team.

“Rylan! Oh My God, It’s been forever! How’ve you been?” she stood up and hugged me.

“I’ve been alright. What about you?” I hugged her back.

“Well, I’m still in Van, so…” she trailed off, laughing, “How’s Boston? How’s Milan?”

“Oh, uh, Milan and I broke up…But Boston’s been good.”

“I’m so sorry,” she frowned, “Um, did you want a private room, or is any studio okay?” she changed the subject quickly, something she always did to avoid awkward pauses.

“Whatever you have open for the next two or three hours.” I shrugged.

“Alright, Studio D. You remember where everything is, right?”

“Uh, yeah. Unless things have changed since high school.”

“Not really,” she laughed.

“Thanks Ali.” I smiled and walked off down the hallway to find my assigned room.

I found it quickly and walked in, taking a deep breath as I felt a tug at my heart. It was like coming home after being on a very long vacation.

I plugged my iPod into the stereo system and pulled up The Wanted’s Glad You Came Club Mix.

I took my place in the center of the studio and waited until the song started and started my routine, adding things here, and fixing things there, until I had gone through the song about 5 times and I was completely out of breath.

“Hello?” I jumped as someone opened the door and knocked on the door frame.

“Hi.” I had my hands on my hips, and was breathing heavy.

“I’m Jay.” The guy said and smiled at me.

“I know who you are.” I smiled and went over to unplug my iPod, “You’re from The Wanted.”

“Well, then it’s only fair to introduce yourself.” His accent was killing me.

“I’m Rylan,” I turned back to face him, while putting my iPod in my bag and pulling out my phone to check the time. 1:48.

“Very nice to meet you.” He held out his hand.

“You too,” I shook it, “So what are you guys doing here?” I asked, and took out my water bottle, drinking half of it in one gulp.

“We’re meeting with a dance instructor who is choreographing our new tour. There are try-outs today. You should try out. From what I just saw, you’re an amazing little dancer.” He smiled.

“Thank you,” I smiled back, trying to play it cool, “I might swing by, what time are they?”

“2.”

“Wow, thanks for that heads-up.” I laughed and shook my head.

“In my defense, I wasn’t walking down this hall expecting to recruit a dancer.” He smirked at me.

“You think you’re so cute,” I shook my head and blushed, “Alright, fine. What studio?”

“Come with me, my dear.” He looped his arm with mine and led me towards Studio A. I saw a lot of people waiting outside of it.

“This is insane.” I muttered.

“Yeah, this is just Vancouver. In New York, we had three times as many people. That was a long day.” He groaned, I’m guessing at a memory of it, and led me inside the studio, past everyone outside.

“Are you crazy! I can’t just cut all those people.”

“Hey guys! I found our newest dancer!” he ignored me and called over to the rest of the band.

This is not happening, right now. This is so crazy!

“And what’s your name, gorgeous?” Max asked, getting up to shake my hand.

“Rylan Carter.” I smiled.

“I don’t see your name on here.” Siva called from the table.

“Who cares! Let her dance! Show us what you got, Rylan.” Tom said, and Jay and Max went to sit back at the table.

“I don’t even have anything rehearsed. I’m not even ready.”

“Just do what you were doing before.” Jay suggested.

“Uh, alright.” I put my bag down and took a deep breath.

Music began to play and I listened to it for a few seconds before I started to find the rhythm and started to dance. By the end of the minute or so performance, all five guys’ mouths were dropped.

“I told you!” Jay shouted triumphantly and the other guys snapped out of their trance.

“That was incredible!” Nathan announced. Siva stood up and started clapping. Max joined in and I started to blush.

“Thanks.”

“Fill this out really quick.” Tom said and held out a form. I walked over and filled it out. When I was done, I handed it back to him and he shook my hand.

“Well done. You want to be a part of our tour?”

“Are you serious?” It was my turn to drop my jaw.

“That was too amazing to let you go.” Siva said, and Nathan nodded.

“The tour needs you! Are you going to let all of our fans down?”

“No pressure, right?” I laughed, “Can I get back to you?”

“Of course!” Max said, “We’ll call you.”

“Thanks. I’ll, uh, talk to you later, then.” They each gave me a hug and then I picked up my bag and walked out.

“Amazing, right?” I heard Jay say to the guys and I smiled to myself before closing the door and nearly running to the front door.

“Bye Ali!” I said and ran out the front door to the car and got in. My heart was pounding. I cannot believe that just happened!

I sat down on the bench outside the studio and pulled out my phone, dialing Brad’s number in a rush.

“Hello?”

“Marshy! Oh my God! You’ll never believe what just happened-”

“Flight 106 Vancouver to Halifax is now boarding first class.”

“What was that?” I asked and he sighed on the other end.

“I’m going back to Halifax, Ry.”

“What! Why?” I protested.

“Mar…Mar and I broke up, I have no reason to stay in Vancouver so I’m going home to see my family while I can. I better go, I can’t miss my flight. I’ll call you when I land, I’m sorry I didn’t properly say goodbye.”

“It’s alright, Marshy. Safe flight.”

Maybe leaving Van isn't such a bad idea...
♠ ♠ ♠
See? We're getting better at this timely updates thing ;)

So for those of you unfamiliar with The Wanted or who are just casual fans like myself (just.add.ice) I added in pictures of all the boys so you could put a face to the name :) The Wanted were the only band we could agree on for this story line.