Sequel: All Your Life
Status: Completed.

Never Told You

Chapter 11

Marliegh

"Morning, sleeping beauty." Ty smirked as I walked into the kitchen the next morning.

"You stayed?" I asked surprised and he walked over, wrapping me in a hug.

"I couldn't leave you alone when I could hear you crying like that, so I slept on the couch."

"Why didn't you just come in there with me, honey that couch could not have been comfortable and the bed is more than big enough for two." I reasoned and he frowned, looking down at his feet.

"I didn't think you'd want me in there in case Marsh came back."

I remembered Brad leaving me and it was like a dagger was thrusted into my heart.

Strike One.

And then I remembered why he left. I was such a bitch to Rylan. I feel so bad about that, she didn't need that at all.

Strike Two.

I destroyed Brad and Ty's friendship, not to mention the black eye Ty's now sporting.

Strike Three. I'm out.

I frowned for a second before smiling reassuringly up at him as I leaned up and kissing his cheek under his black eye, "I'm sorry, Ty."

"It's alright, it's not as bad as it looks." he tried to smile at me but winced at the movement, "Alright it hurts a little, but it makes me look pretty bad ass." he joked and I nodded.

"You can say you got it defending a little girl from her mean big brother. Ladies love heroes."

"I like the way you think." he smirked and I shook my head, what a whore.

It was time to start apologizing to everyone else. Starting with the root of my problem.

Once Ty left, I hopped in the shower, hoping I'd feel even a tiny bit better. I didn't. When I was done, I got out and got dressed and ready for the day, then went back into the kitchen.

I grabbed my keys and phone and slipped on a pair of flip flops.

When I got to Rylan's, her car wasn't in the driveway.

Where is she this early?

"Marliegh?" Ry's mom came onto the porch when I knocked on the door.

"Hey Mrs. Carter," I half-smiled. I'm sure Rylan told her what I did, "Is Ry here?"

"No, I'm afraid not. She's already left. My baby is all grown up now, y'know." She frowned.

"Left? Where did she go?"

"Rehearsal. The tour starts in a month."

"Tour?"

"Yes, with that British band you girls like."

"She's touring with The Wanted?!"

"That's it! I'm surprised they picked her with such short notice, but I know she'll pick up the choreography fast. She always did. I'm so proud of her." She smiled.

"That's amazing. Why didn't she tell me?"

"Well, from my understanding, you two weren't getting along so well. She told Brad before he left, though. I thought he would have told you."

"What do you mean, before Brad left?" I asked, my heart dropping into the pit of my stomach as I swallowed hard.

"Rylan told me he went back home, but didn't tell me much else. She was too busy packing and was very distracted."

"Wow...well that's incredible. I'm happy for her," I half-smiled, "If you see or hear from her can you tell her that I stopped by and that I'm really, really sorry for what I did and said."

"I'll tell her." Mrs. Carter smiled.

"Thanks, I'll see you later." I turned and went back to my car.

"Goodbye honey!" she waved from the porch before heading back inside. Once the door closed behind her I slammed my forehead on the steering wheel, Ry's gone? Brad's gone? What am I going to do?

“Well, what makes this different than any other break-up I’ve had?” I mutter to myself as I threw my car in reverse and pulled out of Rylan’s driveway.

An hour later, I pulled into my apartment building’s parking lot and made my way upstairs with my ‘break up emergency kit’ as Ry used to call it.

I dropped the bag on my kitchen counter and laid it all out; two bottles of wine, a McCain freezer cake, cool whip, and the first Carrie Underwood album I could get my hands on.

I tried to prolong the tears as I made my way to my room to change into some sweats after popping the CD in my kitchen’s stereo, praying for some man-killer break up song to be the first track.

A bottle and a half of wine later, the cake was gone and so was half the cool whip container, but Carrie Underwood was still blaring when someone knocked on the door.

I ran over and swung it open, but tried to swing it closed when I noticed who it was.

“Go the fuck away, Milan!” I nearly growled as he pushed against the door and stepped inside.

“I came to apologize Mar. I hate how things are between us; we used to be so close, now look at us!” he pleaded, “I called Marchand, swore to him up and down it was my fault, I got it all wrong and you were just friends with Ty.”

“He went home.” I muttered and he frowned, nodding.

“I’m so sorry, Mar. I’m sorry I screwed things up between you and Brad, I’m sorry I messed things up between Ry and me, I’m sorry you were forced to pick sides, I’m sorry I called you a liar...I seem to be sorry for everything now a days.”

“I’m sorry too, Milo.” I muttered, walking over to him and wrapping my arms around his neck, bursting into tears.

“Ry hates me, Marshy hates me, and mom and dad probably hate me too. Why do I ruin everything?” I asked, struggling to contain a sob as he rubbed my back.

“We’re Lucic’s…it’s what we do.” He joked and I sobbed out a chuckled, shaking my head as I buried it into his chest.

Rylan

“5-6-7-8! 1 and 2-3-4-5 and 6-7-8! Go! 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8!” Brian Friedman, the choreographer yelled over the music, “Up, 2-3-4, Down, 6-7-8!” The music was near the end of the song, and I was growing tired.

We’d been rehearsing for the past 4 hours. “Good job today guys!” Brian stopped the music when the song finished, and I slid over to my dance bag.

My socks were the only thing on my feet. I don’t usually wear shoes when I dance, unless I need them.

“Heads Up!” Jay yelled and caught me as I almost slipped on the hardwood floor, “I just saved your life.” He looked at me with a serious face.

“My hero!” I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him tight.

“Oh shucks. It was nothing.” He laughed and hugging me back, then letting me get my water bottle.

“What was that all about?” Stella, another dancer, asked me.

“What?”

“You and Jay flirting.” She nudged me.

“What? We were not!” I took a drink, as Maddie, another dancer, laughed at me.

“You totally were!” she looked over at the boys, and then back at me.

“JAY!” Stella yelled, waving him over to us.

“What are you doing?!” I growled at her.

“Look at her, she’s blushing!” Maddie laughed, pinching my cheek. I pushed her hand away and then felt a stronger arm being wrapped around my shoulder.

“Yes?” Jay asked.

“Oh, Maddie and I were just talking about your incredible rescue.” Stella smiled.

“You like that? I have reflexes like a cat!” He looked at me, “You’re welcome.”

“Thanks.” I rolled my eyes and took another drink of water. I could feel my face getting hot and this was just getting awkward. I wiped my face with a towel, partly to dry off the sweat, and partly to hide my red face.

“That reminds me!” Jay thought out loud, “Ry, what are you doing later?” He asked, and Stella and Maddie winked at me and walked away.

“Nothing, why?” I looked up at his smiling face.

“A bunch of us are going out to dinner tonight. I was wondering if you wanted to come with?”

“Who’s going?”

“Well, the guys, me, Friedo, and some of the guys’ girlfriends,” he shrugged, “You don’t have to go if you don’t want t-“

“No, I’ll go.” I said quickly.

“Good. I’ll text you later with the details.”

“Okay.” I nodded and he hugged me before going back to the band.

“Ry and Jay sitting in a tree…” Stella and Maddie sang as they walked back over to me.

“Oh shut up! It’s a group thing.” I put my shoes on.

“Yeah, no, sure it is.” Maddie nodded.

“Don’t be surprised when he tries to kiss you.” Stella laughed and slung her bag over her shoulder.

“You think he’ll try this early?” Maddie asked.

“He DID recruit her.” Stella reasoned.

“This is true.” Maddie nodded

“And he hugs her every chance he gets.”

“Also true.”

“I’m surprised he hasn’t tried already.” Stella shook her head.

“Amateur.” Maddie agreed.

“I’m right here, y’know.” I said, pushing each of them.

“We know, we’re just thinking out loud here.” Maddie smirked.

“Alright, Game Plan. Text us every five minutes with an update.” Stella said.

“No,” I laughed, “You guys are nuts.”

“Twenty minutes?”

“I’m leaving.” I grabbed my bag.

“Don’t go!” they laughed, and I turned away, walking to the door.

“Goodbye!” I waved at them.

“Bye Ry!” Tom said and I looked over, waving at them. I saw Jay covering his face and Siva laughing at him.

“Bye guys.”
________________________________
I was just getting into my hotel room when my phone rang. I pulled it out of my bag and unlocked it, checking the text:

Dress Casual. I’ll come get you around 7. What room are you in?

I smiled when I saw Jay’s name, and typed back.

Room 509.Where are we going?

I put my stuff down and plugged my phone into the charger. I slid off my sandals and took off my socks before starting to peel my clothes off, getting ready for a shower. My phone rang again and I went over to it.

Not sure. Some place Friedo picked out. I've never been, but he said it’s good.

I didn't text back, but checked the time instead.

4:23.

I hopped in the shower for some much needed relaxation. Rehearsal, although fun, was insanely tiring. I used the hotel shampoo and conditioner, before doing a total body wash.

After I got out, I wrapped myself in a fluffy hotel towel and went to my suitcase and picked out an outfit, along with undergarments and laid them out the bed. I then went over to my computer, opened iTunes and pressed shuffle.

One Thing-One Direction

This’ll do. I dried off and changed. As soon as I buttoned my shorts, there was a knock on the door. I looked at the time.

5:48.

I walked over and opened the door, as I towel dried my hair.

“Hey!” Jay invited himself in and laid down on my bed.

“Come on in,” I said to no one, and let go of the door, letting it shut on its own, “You’re early.”

“One Direction? Really?” he pointed to my laptop.

“Jealous?” I laughed.

“Of a bunch of 19 and 18 year olds? Hell no!”

“Nath is 19.” I pointed out.

“One Direction’s music is cute.” He scoffed, ignoring my last statement.

“They write good stuff.” I shrugged, and continued to towel dry my hair.

“I could write you something better,” I looked at me with a serious face. I looked back at him and lowered my hand. He then shied away and went over to my laptop, to change the song. I took the opportunity to slip into the bathroom and started to blow dry my hair.

I plugged in the blow dryer and put it on the counter. I then picked up my brush and began to brush through my hair, getting the knots out. I then picked up the blow dryer, and flipped it on, and began to dry my hair, brushing through it.

When I was done, I unplugged the blow dryer, and plugged in my curling iron. I wasn't going to go crazy with it, but I wanted to look presentable. While waiting for it to heat up, I walked back into the room and over to one of my suitcases. I pulled out a pair of teal rose earrings, and an infinity necklace.

“Can you help me?” I asked Jay and he looked over from my computer.

“Yeah, of course!” he jumped up and took my necklace from me. I swept my hair up and he clipped it on.

“Thanks.” I let go of my hair then picked out one of my fedoras.

“Have some hats!” he joked, pointing in my bag of hats.

“I like them.” I laughed and put the one in my hand, on his head before walking back to the bathroom, to start curling.

“We have half an hour before we have to go meet everyone else.” Jay said.

I up-capped the hairspray bottle and started curling my hair. It took me 15 minutes to finish. I ran my fingers through my hair quickly before turning off the curling iron and unplugging it. I then walked back into the room and took my hat off of Jay’s head and placing it on mine.

“How do I look?” I twirled and then laughed.

“Beautiful.” He smiled at me, before checking the time again.

6:50.

I unplugged my fully charged phone and slipped it into my pocket before grabbing my wallet and putting my room key inside and putting it in my other pocket.

“Ready?”

“We still have some time.” Jay shrugged. I sat behind him and looked over his shoulder to see what he was looking up on my computer. He was on iTunes, and he was searching through The Wanted songs. He finally chose one and the beat blared through the computer's speakers.

Turn It Off

“I love this song!” I exclaimed and started dancing. He laughed and slid the computer further down the bed, before getting off, standing up, and grabbing my hand, pulling me off, too.

“Teach me something.” He said.

“You ready for this?” I smirked as he nodded. I started doing simple popping moves and then looked over at him. He looked at me with a blank expression.

“Kay...do it again. Slower.” He shook his head and I laughed doing the same thing, but slower. He tried to follow along, but couldn't.

“Let’s stick with what we’re best at.” I laughed.

“I agree. I sing and you dance,” He laughed, too, “All of us are awful dancers.” He admitted, talking about himself, Tom, Max, Nathan and Siva.

“We should get going.” I looked at the time once more.

6:58.

“Yeah, let’s go.” He turned off the music, closed my computer and grabbed my hand. We then walked downstairs together and met up with the rest of the group.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello darlings! Nicole here!
I just want to give a quick update with me. I live in New England and Hurricane Sandy was rough today.
We had the day off of school today, and again tomorrow because of Sandy. We've been hit with strong winds and lots of rain. Trees and branches are falling and power going out, but we're all safe, thankfully.
I decided to write with my spare time.
Be on the look out for more updates!
Love you all!!