Sequel: All Your Life
Status: Completed.

Never Told You

Chapter 3

I stood in front of the mirror as I slipped on my Bruins hat. Milan had left about an hour ago, saying he had something important to tell me after the game. I was kind of nervous, but I pushed it to the back of my mind.

I was getting ready to head to The Garden and had on my Lucic t-shirt, a pair of jean capris, and my yellow converse. It was starting to get hot as it got closer to May.

Stephanie and Jasmina were on their way to pick me up. We always go to games together, and when Mar is with us, she comes along. We never fail to have fun.

“Hello?” I picked up my ringing phone.

“Hey doll, we’re outside.” Jasmina’s finnish accent came through the phone.

“Be right down, sweets.” I hung up and grabbed my wallet which held my ticket, along with ID and money. I then grabbed the spare key to the apartment, and locked the door on my way out. Taking the elevator down, and walking out into the parking lot below the building, I found Stephanie’s car and walked over. I climbed in the back seat, quickly hugging the two girls.

“Hey pretty!” Stephanie said, and shifted the car into Drive.

“Hey gorgeous. How’ve you been?” I buckled myself in.

“Good, what about you?” she pulled into the street.

“Same shit, different day.” Jasmina laughed and nodded her head.

“Agreed!”
_______________________________
The first thing we did when we got to The Garden, was grab beers. What’s a hockey game without beer? After that, we headed to our seats. Most of the WAGs sit in the suite, but we like to be down near the action.

Let me re-phrase that…
I begged Steph and Jas to sit closer with me.

Our seats tonight were right against the glass, to the left of the penalty box, right on the blue line. We’re usually a little further up in the cheaper loge seats, but tonight we decided to splurge.

Warm ups started and the boys immediately started shooting pucks at the net while Thomas stretched. I was just staring at the net, watching pucks either go in or miss, when a loud thud made me jump a mile.

“Marchand!” Jasmina yelled, holding a hand to her chest trying to slow her heart down. Marchand just smirked and continued to shoot pucks at the net, pretending it wasn’t him. I laughed and searched for Milan.

I finally found him. He was standing by the bench looking straight at me. I smiled and waved to him like I do before every game. But this time, instead of smiling back, he quickly looked away and skated with his head down. I frowned and sunk into my chair. So he’s back to that mood again, I guess.

“What was that about?” Steph asked, noticing Milan snub me.

“He’s been moody lately,” I shrugged, “Have you noticed him acting differently when we go out and stuff?” I sat up.

“The only thing I’ve really noticed is that he’s on his phone an awful lot.”

“He’s always on his goddamn phone,” I rolled my eyes and sunk back in my chair, “I don’t know what to do with him. He’s always snappy. Everything I say is wrong.”

"Awe, honey, it's probably just stress, you know how he gets…how they all get." Jas assured me and sighed.

"I guess I'll find out tonight." I shrugged, and they looked at me confused, "He has 'something important' to tell me after the game." I sat back up.

"Oh my god." Steph gasped and it was my turn to look confused, "Do you know what that means?"

"No..."

"He's going to propose!" she exclaimed, already cheering in celebration.

"I don't think that's it."

"It totally is!" Jas agreed, "All the texting is probably just him planning it all out with someone's help! Like Mar!"

"That's so what it is! He's texting Marliegh for advice on what to do!"

"You think so?" I asked and they both nodded.

"What else could it be?" Steph shrugged and I shrugged, she has a point, but it still doesn't feel right.

"I guess so."

“You’ve been together for how long?” Jas asked.

“Almost 6 years.”

“It’s a proposal waiting to happen, my dear.” Steph smiled, quite satisfied with herself.
______________________________
During the game, all I could think about was what Steph had said.

‘He’s going to propose!’

The more I thought about it, the more I started to believe it. It would explain why he’s been acting so strange and his excessive amount of texting. I actually started to get excited.

I glanced up at the jumbo-tron to check the score.
1-0, Washington. Matt Hendricks had scored in the first period.

I focused back on the ice as the puck dropped. There was 5:40 left in the second period. It wasn’t long until we started shooting the puck at Holtby. Boychuk shot one that was blocked, but Seguin got the rebound and knocked it in, losing his balance, and his stick, in the process.

GOAL! Seguin tied it up!

The Garden went CRAZY! People were screaming, cheering, clapping, dancing, hitting the glass, shouting, and singing. I even saw a few fist-pumping when the goal song came on.
Aaaaand we’re back in this!
_______________________________
Aaaaand we lost…

A breakaway-A fucking breakaway. Joel fucking Ward, with a fucking breakaway in fucking Overtime.

The Garden was quiet. Everyone was just in shock. Some were pissed, some were sad, but I…I was scared. Milan never does well with a loss, and tonight won’t be different. Oh wait, yes it will. They just got knocked out of the playoffs. He’s going to be pissed, and I’m going to get the shit end of his bitch fit tonight.

Steph grabs my arm as she stands up. I’m still sitting in my seat, just staring onto the ice.
“C’mon.” she says, sadly. I get up and let her drag me up the stairs and eventually out the door. We follow the crowd to street level, and then wait, with a bunch of other people, for the elevator to take us down to the parking garage.

When we finally find Steph’s car, we all hop in, and I just lay down in the backseat and put my hands over my face.

“Are you okay?” Jas looks back at me.

“Milan is gonna be pissed, Jas. I’m scared for my life.” I admit, and groan as I picture different scenarios that could happen when he gets home, wincing at a few.

“Well, he still has that important thing to tell you. “ Steph reminds me. I shoot up.

The proposal!

“Do you think he’ll still ask even though they lost?” I ask.

“A game loss doesn’t stop love, Rylan.” Jas laughs. I just sigh, and buckle my seatbelt as we get closer to the entrance to the street. No way in Hell am I going into the streets of Boston after a Bruins loss without a seatbelt. I love my city, but people be crazy!
__________________________
Steph dropped me off and I slowly made my way up to our apartment. I was scared for Milan to come home, but at the same time, I was a little anxious. This ‘something important’ had been wracking my brain all day and the idea that he was going to propose made the butterflies go insane in my stomach.

I dropped my keys in the bowl by the door, my bag ended up on one of the kitchen bar stools, and my heart dropped into my stomach. Just thinking about this, is getting me antsy!

I decided to eat something, because maybe I had too much beer tonight. That could be it! I opened the stainless steel fridge and pulled out some left over pasta from a few nights ago. Taking the cover off, I shoved it in the microwave for 2 minutes. When it was done, I sprinkled grated cheese on it, grabbed a fork and made my way to the living room. I needed to take my mind off of Milan, so I turned on the TV and started watching NESN. But, they were talking about tonight’s loss, so I changed the channel to The Big Bang Theory-My favorite show.

Sitting in pretzel position, I grabbed a throw pillow, placing it on my lap, before putting my pasta on the pillow. I didn’t want to burn myself. It was then when I finally started eating, and my mind took a trip away from Milan and into Sheldon and Leonard’s life.

Until Milan came home.

I heard the door open and I stiffened up. The butterflies came back and my heart dropped again.

“Rylan?”