Sequel: All Your Life
Status: Completed.

Never Told You

Chapter 9

Rylan
“How’ve ya been, Lannie?” Brad asked, as Mar and Ty walked away.

“Lannie?” I giggled, raising an eyebrow.

“Yeah. RyLAN. Lan. Lannie. That’s what I’m gonna call you from now on.” He smirked.

“No. No you’re not.” I laughed and shook my head.

“Seriously though... I am.” He laughed, taking a sip of his beer.

“Fine, then you’re Leon.” I said and smirked when he nearly choked on his drink.

“Where did that even come from?”

“BradLEY. Ley. Leon. That’s what I’m calling you from now on.” I looked at him with a dead serious face, and he challenged me to a stare-off. He lost a few seconds later when I blew into his eye.

“You bitch,” he shook his head, blinking a few times. I laughed and slid out of the booth, holding my hand out to Brad.

“C’mon, let’s go crash the party.” I laughed again. He took my hand and slid out, following me to the dance floor. When the beat of the song dropped, we both started dancing the Gangnam Style dance, while moving our way towards Ty and Mar.

“Ey sexy lady!” Brad wrapped his arms around Mar and I laughed, looking over at Ty.

“Thought you said you weren’t drunk enough.” He pulled my back into his front and started dancing with me as the second verse started up.

“Couldn’t help myself.” I smirked at him.

“Yeah? Well, you better commit to it.”

“And if I don’t?” I challenged, joking around.

“I’ll kick your ass.” He laughed, pulling me closer, as the bass dropped, and the music built up until the chorus blasted through the club speakers. Ty and I separated and danced perfectly to the song until the bridge came on and we burst into laughter.

“Is it bad that I wish this is on YouTube by tomorrow?” I caught my breath.

“It’s probably being uploaded as we speak.” He laughed, looking around.

Marliegh
“Come on Mar, don’t be like that.” Evander smirked, “Our break up was fairly amicable.”

“I wouldn’t call throwing a scalding cup of coffee glass and all at you amicable.” I smirked and he shrugged.

“It was one of my more amicable ones.” He said and I chuckled despite myself. He’s still an idiot.

“How’ve you been?” he asked, smiling as he rested his hand on my arm, “I heard you graduated your masters today, no surprise, you were always so smart.”

“Thanks, I’ve been good.” I nod, smiling to myself as a thought of Brad popped into my mind, really good “What about you?”

“I don’t live in Atlanta anymore,” he smirked, making us both chuckle.

“Like Winnipeg is any better.” I teased and he pretended to look offended before chuckling.

“The fans are better, I love playing for them every night.” He shrugged, trying to contain his smile and I smiled back, he deserved it.

“I missed you, Mar.” he admitted after a moment’s gap in conversation. I bit my lip, glancing out at Marshy with Ry and Tyler and sighed.

“I used to miss you too.” I frowned, patting his arm, “But that was so long ago, we were kids then and I grew out of dating Milan’s teammates to spite him long ago.”

“He said you were dating one of them now.” Evander argued and I sighed, shaking my head.

“He’s different.” I glanced back out at Marshy and smiled, “He’s always been different.”

Milan
“Can I get a Vodka Red Bull?” an all too familiar voice beside me asked the bartender. I glanced over and saw Ry smile at the guy before she handed over a ten dollar bill and he placed her drink on the counter. She looked amazing and I couldn’t help but mentally hit myself.

“For the pretty lady.” He took the money and opened the cash box.

“Keep the change,” she smiled, “Only because you called me pretty.” She took a sip and turned, consequently towards me.

“Hey Ry.” I half smiled. This is the closest we’ve ever been since we broke up.

“Hey.” She nodded at me and began to walk away.

“Wait!” I spun in my chair and reached out for her arm. She quickly pulled away, but faced me anyways,

“Can we talk?”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

“Please? I have so much I want to say. So much I want to explain.” I begged.

“What?” she sighed and crossed her arms.

“I’m sorry,” she rolled her eyes, “-No, wait. I’m truly sorry. I wish I realized how good I had it. I made a mistake, Ry.”

“Okay, well, if that’s all you wanted to say-“she started to walk away.

Here goes nothing!

“I’m getting married.” I blurted out. I could see the visible hurt flash across her face. I needed something to keep her talking to me. Even if it means she’s going to hate me more.

“To her?” she choked out, not looking at me.

“Brittany, yes.” I saw her flinch when I mentioned Brit’s name.

“Awesome. I gotta go.” She quickly turned and walked away.

“Stupid!” I yelled at myself, and turned back to the bar, where the bartender was staring at me.

“Sucks, bro.”

“You have no idea.” I shook my head and downed the rest of my beer.

Rylan
That mother-fucking, little asswipe, good for nothing, dick! He breaks up with me for her and then continues to break my heart by telling me he fucking proposed to the little bitch. I never wanna see that fucker again! Fucking douchebag!

“Ry, are you alright?” Tyler asked as I walked up the group.

“Peachy.” I slammed my drink down and sat down next to Brad.

“You don’t look fine. You look pissed.” Brad said cautiously. Smart man.

“I just ran into someone.” I rolled my eyes and kept my eyes off of them, though I could feel them staring at me.

“My brother?” Mar asked even more carefully.

“How did you know he’s here?” I looked at her suspiciously.

“I ran into Evander…” she trailed off and I saw Brad shoot her a look.

“Oh…well did you hear the great news?” I picked up my glass, drinking half of it.

“You mean the baby?” Mar asked.

“What baby?!” I shot my head to look at her.

“What? No, uhh, I don’t know.” She looked away.

“She’s fucking pregnant?!” I was fired up, now. “Un-fucking-believable” I rolled my eyes. “Well did you also know he proposed to her?” I glared at Mar. She continued to avoid eye contact.

“He told us about the engagement today. I’ve known about the baby since the first day I came to Boston.” She was quiet, but still loud enough for me to hear her over the music.

“I can’t believe you, Mar! You’re supposed to be my best friend!”

“I am your best friend, Rylan!” she retaliated.

“Best friends don’t hold out information like that! How could you not tell me? Didn’t you think that’s something I’d like to know?!”

“He had just ripped out your fucking heart! Did you really expect me to rub it in your face that he went and knocked her up, too!? I was doing what was best for you! Excuse me for fucking caring about you, Rylan!”

“Caring?! You call that caring?! Are you fucking insane? That’s hiding! Tha-“

“Hiding to fucking protect you!”

“You’re kidding.“ I laughed mockingly before rolling my eyes.

“You’re such a pain in my ass, Rylan. It’s no fucking wonder my brother cheated on your sorry ass.” Ouch.

“Mar, was that really called for?” Brad tried to reason.

“You always have to pick a goddamn fight!” she ignored him and continued going after me, “I tried to do something to fucking help you and you’re sitting here accusing me of trying to hurt you! You’ve got some fucking nerve, Rylan.”

“Whatever.” I rolled my eyes and stormed out of the club. I couldn’t even speak. That Milan comment had punched me right in the gut. It took the words from my mouth and my brain just shut down. My heart was aching and if I didn’t get home, the people of Vancouver were gonna see me break down.

I’ve been staying at my old house. My mom and dad welcomed Tyler with open arms and allowed him to stay in the guest room. So, I went there, even though I know Tyler is going to come home and ask me about tonight. I just hope it’ll be late and he’ll just want to pass out.

I just want to forget all of this.

I got home and immediately started to cry. I rushed passed my parents who called after me as I ran upstairs and straight to my room. I laid face-first onto my bed and stuffed my face in the pillow

“Honey?” my mom poked her head in my room, “Rylan, sweetie, what’s wrong?” she sat next to me and started rubbing my back.

“I don’t want to live anymore!” I cried into my pillow. It came out as a muffle, but my mom understood me. She always does.

“Sweetie, don’t say that. Please tell me what happened.” I could hear the frown in her voice and she continued to comfort me.

“He’s getting married! She’s pregnant! Everything in my life is wrong!” I sobbed.

“Who’s getting married? And who’s pregnant?”

“Milan! He got Brittany pregnant and now they’re getting married!” I lifted my head and sat up on my knees, “Mar knew, too. And she didn't tell me! We got in a fight and she told me that I’m a pain in her ass and it’s no wonder Milan cheated on me.” I sniffled and my mom pulled me into her, hugging me tight and I cried into her shoulder.

“Oh honey.” She rubbed my back and put her head on mine.

“Never liked him.” My dad said in a rough voice.

“Oh hush.” My mom said to him.

“He hurt my baby girl.” He tried to reason.

“I understand that. She’s my baby girl, too.” I felt the bed sink beside me and then my dad put his hand on my shoulder. I lifted my head and looked at him.

“Come here,” he said and I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his around my waist, holding me tight.

“Everything’s wrong, dad.”

“I know, hon.”

“Why me?”

“It’ll get better, I promise.” He kissed my head and rocked me as my mom continued to rub my back.

“Make the pain go away.” I cried.

“I want to, baby girl. I wish I knew how. It kills me to see you hurt. I never want you to be sad.”

“Ry?” I looked over and saw Ty standing in the door frame.

“Not now. Please, not now.” I stuffed my head back into my dad’s chest.

“Please stop crying.” He begged.

“Rylan, honey, why don’t you try and get some sleep?” my mom suggested.

“Okay.” I nodded and my dad let me go. They both kissed my forehead.

“Leave her be, Tyler. Let her sleep.” My mom said and I looked over to see him looking at me. His face read sympathy and I turned away to pick out pajamas.

“Feel better, Ry.” He said and then followed my parents down the hall and downstairs.

I picked out a shirt and some shorts and changed quickly, before getting into bed and closing my eyes. I wanted to sleep before the tears came flooding back. Slowly, but surely, I slipped into the unconsciousness I was hoping for and dreamt for the rest of the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello you gorgeous popsicles! How are you?! I'm very sorry for the recent delay of updating. Megan (just.add.ice) and I are extremely busy with school and work.
We'll both try to get chapters out faster, I promise.
Also, I want to thank everyone for subscribing and the recommendations and the comments. It means a lot, guys, really
Thank you guys so much for sticking with this and us and just everything! Je t'aime, mon amis!