This Lie I Can't Pretend

Will we be

I woke up from my light sleep when a bright light shone in my eyes, I blinked away the pain from the light, it was only the sun beating down on my face. It was winter and the sun shining was a blessing, i could actually get warm. I oulled my thin blancket tighter, My clothing was damp from the melting snow around me. I grabbed my bag from the broken fence i had suspended it from. I pulled out a shirt a sweater black jogging pants, I looked around to see if anyone was around. To my surprise, a boy around my age looked like he was sleeping in the snow near me. He looked so pale, I dashed through the snow and fell to my knees beside him, I ran my hand along his cheek, so cold. I draped my blanket over him. I pulled on my sweater quicly then sat him up, pulling him into an embrace, i checked to see if he was breathing. Thank god, the last thing i needed was a dead boy on my hands. There was color returning to his face, his eyes bolted open, revealing beautiful deep brown eyes. He blinked a few times then looked at me, his eyes went wide. He pulled away from me and looked at me, he was shaking, shivering.
"Wh- who are y- you a- and w- why a am i h- here" he stuttered.
"Well, Im Mariah, call me Mia, and i have no fucking clue why you are here, all I know is that your lucky it was me who found you, anyone else would have raped or murdered you, or left you to die seeing as you were so close to it before I saw you." I lectured. He just sat there wide eyed and staring at me, he smiled.
"Im Benjamin, call me Ben, I am pretty sure I ran away from home, really shitty situation there, and um, thanks for saving me, im glad it was you who found me too." He stuttered and shivered. I turned my back to him, walking to my bag and pulling out an extra coat.
"Here, you must be freezing, as for hungry, well come with me." I said throwing the jacket at him, he caught it. I took his hand and pulled him out of the snow, he slowly pulled the jacket onto himself.
"Hurry, before all the good food is gone." I said kindly, taking his hand.
"Fuck, forgot my bag, do you have one?" I questioned, he nodded, i let go of him an ran back, closing my pack and throwing it over my shoulder. I grabbed his and turned back to see him, held against a wall by the neck, I could see he was trying to shove the other teen away from himself. It was a tall guy with long and matted black hair. I dropped the bags.
"LEAVE HIM ALONE" I shouted, letting my jacket fall to the cold ground, and running towards Ben and his attacker. I stopped and threw my fist outwards, hitting the teen in the jaw. He released Ben and fell. I quickly grabbed the teens collar to keep him from smashing his head on the cement.
"Why, did you save him?" Ben questioned.
"One thing i will teach you is compassion, he may be from a worse situation than ours, and, if we let his smash his head, I could be in jail and you would be alone, nobody to mentor you. By saving him, we have an ally. You have much to learn Ben, I know whats best for you. Now, get the bags, we need to bring him with us, we cant leave him out here like this." I said sternly. He nodded and grabbed the bags. I laid the boy on his back and lifted him up, shifting his skinny but heavy body onto my back, we struggeled though the snow to our destination.