This Lie I Can't Pretend

Lets go to the

We weren’t halfway through our meal when that boy came into the cafeteria. He gingerly walked over to our table and sat across from me. He looked in my eyes, I shot him pure hatred, he had hurt my ward, and he was not wanted here. He laughed.
“What do you want?” I said cold-heartedly. He let out another small laugh.
“Well, I wanted to apologize for attacking you, I didn’t know you were a streeter. I’m sorry” He sounded sincere, but something wasn’t true in his voice. I cut off Ben from speaking.
“Thanks, now please just leave,” I said out of annoyance. He looked shocked.
“Fine! Well just to tell you the real reason I went after your friend her was because he stole from me last night, I just wanted my stuff back.” This time it was my jaw that hung down. I looked into Ben's eyes.
“Is- is that true Ben?” I stuttered. He let out a soft cry. Then he nodded.
“I'm sorry okay! I was so cold, I had nothing, and my mom kicked me out and gave me money and a shirt. I had nothing to keep me warm. I was almost dead by morning anyways. I took a sweater, that’s all. Well and the lighter in the pocket.”
“Not cool Ben, well give it back to him, and lets just go get you one of your own k? Bye,” I waved to the black haired boy, hoping he would leave and went back to my relatively cold soup. I could see he was still there.
“What is it that you want!” I shouted and he smirked at me.
“You are so pretty when you get pissed off. Well, I’ll tell you what I want, I want your name and a date.” I was shocked at his forwardness.
“A date? Sorry, I have much more important things to do; besides they don’t welcome our kind anywhere date worthy. I don’t even know your name and by the way, since you wanted to know, my name is Mariah. Now please, just go, you know where we are if you need us, now leave us.”
I pretty much yelled that and handed him his things, I turned and bade Ben to come with me, he followed behind me, I heard another set of footsteps on the linoleum.
“Mariah, wait! There’s one more thing!” The boy pleaded, I turned and faced him, he had gotten really close, as soon as I looked into his eyes he kissed me. I stayed for a second or so before pulling away and kneeing him in the gut, I was gentle though. His eyes bugged out and he lost his breath. He was on his knees breathing deeply. He finally stood back up after about 2 minutes.
“I-I’m sorry, and well my names Gerard, see you round I guess,” He said solemnly and turned away. I threaded my arm though Ben's and we walked to a nearby thrift store to get him a new jacket. All the wile, I tried to get him out of my head.