Apologies, Glances, and Messed up Chances

It's All Uphill From Here; At Least I Hope

Image

---

-Kasey's POV-

The next few days, were the most awkward for the four of us.
Frank, Mikey, Kimmey, and I, that is.
It was something I'd never want to live through again.
The silent moments between Mikey and I.
Where the glances are short and regretful.
Up to the moment he ran into me on accident, murmuring apologies and running off before I could say anything back.
Things started to change when I stepped up, and acted mature to get my thoughts out there.
When we were having a small party with the local band that did a show with us that night.

"I don't get why were not talking anymore." I simply said as he was surprised that I actually talked to him.
"I mean, we're both mature, aren't we?" I shot at him, once again.
"We're both able to talk to each other and work things out?" I asked as he slipped and tripped over his own words.
"I'm sorry." He spit out as I looked at him with disgust.
"That's it? That's all I get to hear from the great Mikey?" I asked as he held his head in one hand.
"If your willing to talk and at least let me explain speak up now." I informed him, on the brink of throwing it all down the drain.

It took him a while to respond, which made me more impatient then I was at that moment.
When I turned to walk away, I felt him grasp my hand.

"Explain to me about it, nice and slow." He said as I smiled.

While he pulled me away from the party and into a secluded area I told him about Kimmey and I.
Starting from her parents to mine.
From how her great, great grandfather is the original Dracula, to all the things comic books lie about, he listened.
Genuinely interested and intrigued in what I had to say to him.
When it came to a halt, with an awkward silence between us is when I moved on to what I thought about us.
At that point, I felt brave and fearless.
Till my question lingered in the air, do you still love me like you did before you found out all of this?
He still didn't answer when I lost hope of him ever saying yes.
Yet, when he kissed me he didn't have to say anything.

"I just, couldn't understand the other night." He slowly said as I nodded.
"It's not easy to comprehend, apparently." I stated as he laughed lightly.
"What..", Mikey started as I edged him on.
"What about Frank and Kimmey? Their not together, yet, they want to be. You can see it. What happens when he finds out?" Mikey asked as I haven't thought of that question.
"He finds out when Kimmey wants him to find out." I noted as he smiled half-heartily.
"Of course." He answered as he pulled me into a hug that I've missed for the longest of times.

-Kimmey's POV-

"Shit." I said quietly to myself as I stepped in a puddle, making my way farther from the entourage of buses.

I had already lit a cigarette, and decided to sit down on a curb to kill time and warm myself from the chill that passed through that night.
I blew out smoke and stared at the figures it drew in the dark cold air.
When someone sat next to me in the darkness, fumbling in their pockets for something, I turned my attention to where they were sitting, feeling like my privacy bubble just burst.

"Do you have a light?" Frank's voice broke through as I vaguely could see the outline of his face.
"Damn, you scared me." I told him as I let out a breath, I didn't know I was holding.
"Here." I started again as I held my lighter up to his cigarette, lighting it up.
"Sorry about that, and thanks." He murmured as I shook my head.

Silence over took the sound as we both sat there, on that curb, blowing out smoke every now and then.

"How'd you sleep?" He asked randomly as I smiled.

A smile people rarely see.

"Why are you asking pervert?" I played as he grinned and shrugged.
"Can't hate me for trying to start a decent conversation." He defended as I full on laughed at this.
"How'd you sleep is a good conversation starter now? Why don't you just ask what I slept in. I mean, there would be no difference there." I razzed him as he smiled.
"Fine then, what'd you sleep in?" He asked.
"Boxers and a T-shirt." I answered as he nodded.
"What's with you anyways?" He asked as I raised an eyebrow.
"What did I do now?" I asked back as he shook his head.
"First, you hate me, and now we're friends." He simply said as I shrugged.
"Hell if I know. Life happens that way. Especially if you want to be in mine." I muttered.
"I don't know whether to call you a bitch sometimes, or an ass." He randomly said again as I scoffed.
"I suppose both. I've heard more then that though." I told him as he smiled sideways.
"I'm leaving, if you don't mind. You bursted my privacy bubble, plus I'm freezing. Nice talking to you though Frank." I confessed as I got up and walked away, without him making me stay, when I secretly wanted to.

I made my way onto My Chemical Romance's bus, ignoring the fact that no one was on it and headed to the bathroom with pajamas.
I changed into them and laid in my bunk as I heard murmurs of laughter from outside at the small party that was still going on.
I couldn't stand listening to them at the moment, and turned on my iPod while plugging in my earphones.
Playing Light Up The Sky by Yellowcard, I fell asleep that cold night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shh, it's been a while since I've updated. But this one is rather short. Be expecting more sooner then later though. : ]