And Love Walked In

Emerson Farrow

I sit back down in front of Karson resuming to eat my food. "Who was that?" Karson asks his eyes lingering out the window where Rome was just standing. "How do you know people?" he asks in disbelief.

"I'm not anti-social." I hiss suddenly not feeling that hungry anymore.

"Well I mean your parents keep you locked up since ever and I've been tutoring you since you were a freshman." he says. "I've never seen you with any friends or even try to make friends."

"So what you expect me to keep locked up forever?" I ask crossing my arms over my chest.

"Do you love him?" Karson asks almost sounding defensive.

"Does it matter?" I ask still glaring at him.

"Emerson I've keep this hidden for a while, even to myself, but I think I have feelings for you." he says looking up to me with sincere eyes.

I feel my breath hitch in my throat at the words. He likes me? Oh god this is wrong, this is so wrong he's almost 26 and I'm barely 17. "Take me home." I mumble standing up and walking out the restaurant.

I walk along side Karson, or Mr. Hold with my hands shoved deep in my coat pockets. I just want to get home and sleep, forget everything he said to me at the restaurant. Suddenly I'm being pushed into an alley, I open my mouth to scream but Karson puts his hand over my mouth.

"Don't scream Emerson." Mr. Hold hisses as he pressed me against a wall. I feel my body trembling as he pulls my pants down. I begin to trash around trying to push him away from me, desperately trying to push him away. "You don't know how long I've wanted this." Karson whispers against my ear as I feel him press into me. I scream, but it's muffled by his hand.

Tears are leaking from my eyes and I could feel blood seep down my legs. I close my eyes, wishing this would all end. The pain is unbearable and it feels like it would never stop, like he would never stop. When he does I fall to the ground feeling to weak to move. I look up to Mr. Hold with fear watching as he puts himself back into his pants. "Get up so I can take you home." he says.

I quickly stand up but regret it when pain shoots through me. I hiss lightly and pull my pants up and follow behind Mr. Hold back to my house. He drops me off and doesn't say a word to me, just continues on his way. I walk into the house feeling numb and broken, I feel dead.

I go up to my room and take a long hot shower, scrubbing my skin raw. Once I finish I head to my bed in nothing but boxers. I lay on my bed staring at the ceiling feeling the tears bubble up, this time instead of grabbing my pillow I just scream. I scream and cry, cursing at my family, and my tutor and at myself.

At myself for being so damn weak.

&


I wake up to tapping against my window. I stretch in my bed, much like a cat before crawling out of the bed and walking to my window. Rome is outside the window, standing on the fire escape. I open the window for him before turning my back to him letting him into the room. "Are those bruises?" Rome asks.

I look down seeing hand print bruises on my hips. Last night seems to flood into my mind and I shudder at the thought and feel my hands being to shake. I take a deep breath before grabbing a shirt and some jeans and slip them on.

"You fucked him last night?" Rome asks sounding disappointed and hurt.

I desperately want to say no, I want to say that he took me in an alley. Destroyed my innocence and killed me even more. "I uh..." I mumble looking over to Rome.

Oh God he looks so sad, like a kicked puppy.

"It's fine we're not together anyway." he says giving me a smile trying to act like it doesn't affect him.

"Want to watch a movie?" I ask going to my movie collection and pulling out some Disney movie. We both settle on my bed and watch the film in silence. I glance to Rome noticing how awkward he was acting.

"You ok?" I ask softly.

Suddenly Rome has me pinned beneath him, his lips hovering over mine. I look into his eyes lifting my hand to caress his cheek. He leans closer and I suddenly push him away, fear running through my veins as I remember what happened last night. I push myself away from Rome as far back as I can go on the bed. "D-don't hurt me." I cry holding my knees to my chest. "P-please." I cry.

"Shh Emerson I'm not going to hurt you." Rome says softly from across the bed, not daring to get closer.

"Go away, go away." I cry throwing my pillows at him wanting him to leave so he won't hurt me.

Rome looks hurt as he heads to my window. He turns back to me with worried eyes before crawling out the window. Once he's gone I uncurl my body and continue to cry.

I've fucked up everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
i forgot to warn you guys...