And Love Walked In

Emerson Farrow

I sit on my computer chair reading articles of local robberies. Is it weird I find that interesting? I clicked on a link seeing a robbery happened only hours ago at a coffee house named Mel's Coffee House. I click on the article and carry my laptop to my bed relaxing against my mountain of pillows and blankets. The article says that a guy was on duty when he was suddenly robbed of all the money in his register and his backpack of his little belongings. I stare at the photo, the guy that was working displayed on the screen standing in front of the coffee house looking terrified, ratty and dirty. How he got a job looking like that I'll never know.

"Emerson, Emerson come down for dinner." A maid calls from outside my bedroom door. I close my laptop and head down to the dinning room where my older sister, father, mother and grandfather are already sitting. I apologize for being late before sitting next to my sister giving her a soft smile which she doesn't return.

Through out dinner I find myself thinking about the robbery I read about. Questions where going through my mind, like why the guy working there had this belongings at the shop? If I had a job I wouldn't take my things to work. "Emerson what are you thinking about?" my mother asks looking at me with kind eyes.

"Nothing mother." I respond softly taking a bite of my food.

"How were lessons with your tutor?" Father asks not even looking at me but finding the table top much more fascinating.

"Good." I say.

"Good? Just good?" My Grandfather asks setting his fork down. "We pay for an expensive tutor to educate you and the only word you can come up with is good?" he hisses causing me to shrink back.

"Sorry." I whisper glancing to my sister who wasn't pay attention to me getting scold. I thought she would at least defend me, give me a sad smile.

"Just go." Father said waving his hand in a passive manner. I quickly scurry out the room passing past the maids and butlers that look at me with remorseful expressions. I hurry into my room closing the door behind me before running to my bed and grabbing my pillow screaming profanities into it. Tears leak from my eyes and my throat was coarse from screaming.

I need to get out here, I need to leave.
♠ ♠ ♠
um yeah next chapter will be longer.
thanks to my wonderful first commenter UnderWater