The Lonely Hearts Job

Chapter Nine: Let's Make This Work

After a few minutes of crying Andi pull's back from Nate & look's him in the eye. She can see the pain in them & it hurts her. She wishes she could explain things & she know's she's going to have to but the fact of the matter is she's not sure they can make it. Nate get's up off the couch & begins pacing around the room, Andi hold's her head in her hand's & takes deep breaths trying to gain her composure again. She get's up & walks to him stopping him by the counter. 'I don't understand.', he finally say's, his voice is cracking & he's trying all he can not to cry. She look's at him not knowing what to say. 'You want to stay but you can't, why?', he asks her. Finally she takes a deep breath & say's, 'I don't know Nate.' 'You don't know what?', he say's 'I love you, you know that right?', she say's 'Of course I do and I love you too and if we love each other than.' 'Than why can't I stay?', she asks He looks away. 'If it were that simple I wouldn't have left in the first place.', she say's. 'I know why you left, but thing's are different now.' 'Yeah right now everything is great, but who's not to say they won't go back to the way they were before?', she say's. 'Is that why you can't stay?', he asks. She ruffles her hair & turns away from him but he grabs her arm & turns her toward him. 'Please Andi.' 'I don't know what you want me to say Nate?', she say's. 'I want you to say that you'll stay.' 'I want that, you have no idea how much I want that.', she say's. 'Than why don't you?' 'Nate, didn't you just hear a word I said?' 'I can change.' She put's her hand to his cheek & he kisses her hand. 'It's not just you, it's me too.', she say's. His mind is going so fast he can't process what's going on around him. The answer seems so simple to him yet she's making it so complicated. He doesn't know what to do so he does the only thing he can do, he pulls her in close & kisses her. She fight's him for a second but finally gives up & fall's into his arms. He picks her up & takes her upstairs. If he's only got one shot at making her stay he's going to give it all he's got.

'What do you think their talking about?', asks Parker as she ducks her head out the door of Sophie's apartment. 'Probably about if Andi will stay.', say's Sophie. 'Well whatever their talking about it's none of our business.', say's Elliot popping open a beer. 'Andi's decision affects all of us Elliot.', snaps Hardison. 'I'm aware of that but I'm just saying whatever their talking about is none of our business.', snaps Elliot. 'Guy's come on, this is no time for fights.' , say's Sophie. The two guy's look at each other & than go back to what they were doing. 'Well whatever the decision is I hope she makes it quick. This is driving me nuts!', say's Parker slamming the door.

Andi sits at the edge of the bed looking at Nate as he puts his pants back on. She know's right off the bat it was probably not the best thing they could have done but it was something they both clearly needed. She's looking at the ring on her finger & her thought's are racing. His touch still linger's on every inch of her body. She play's it back over & over in her head. His breath on her neck, the kisses he trailed up & down her body. He finally comes to sit next to her & reaches over to put his arm around her. She turns to look at him & smiles, than shrugging out of his arm she get's up & grabs all her clothes off the floor & begins to dress. She has no impulse to run to the bathroom & get dressed, it's not as if he hasn't seen her naked before. She finishes getting dressed & than climbs back on the bed. They haven't spoken a word since he carried her up here. She sits with her legs crossed as he moves close to sit next to her. She grabs his hand & looks at him. 'You okay?', he asks her. 'Fine.', she say's with a smile on her face. He leans in & kisses her, she doesn't fall to deep into this one, she's not sure she could handle that again. 'Are you hungry?', he asks her after pulling away. 'Starving.', she say's. Hand in hand they go down stairs & raid the fridge. Andi know's their all up stairs waiting on her answer, but for now all she wants is to be with him.