Status: Completed and Ready For Reading!

The End; Always the End

The Hunger Games: Mine: Chapter Nine

Chapter nine:

As Fugy slept, I couldn't sleep. He told me that we didn't need to look out for anyone because we're in trees. But, I just can't get over that, and, I can't stop thinking about Killer. I haven't heard any cannons, so OK to that. But that means he's alive. Should I have really kept him alive? All he would have been was a threat, nothing else. I'm wondering if he knows that I don't really want to kill him. I wonder if he's trying to find my weakness by that. No, I'm thinking too hard. Why does he care about me? I'm away from him, and if I were to kill him, I'd definatly would have done it when I got the chance. But seriously, I'd kill to know what he's thinking. But I've already killed. You know what? I'm getting sick of myself, which is sad in my case. It's not my fault. In a way, it's my fault, but it really, truly is Killer's fault for being like that.

But what else could he do? It's fighting to the death, and it's not like he doesn't want to win. Isn't that why everyone's calling him Killer? But he's pretty good with knives, almost as good as Alla. But -

"Shh!" I hear a voice, and it sounds close. "You're not supposed to talk." I freeze. Now who's here? I look down, but I can't see anything. One of the darkest nights, it's pitch black, so if anyone wanted to hide, they could. Even wearing the brightest colors they could.

I heard another rustle of leaves, but I still didn't know who it was. "I can't see anything, Misha!" Misha. How could I ever think anyone else? Misha. He hates me. I really should have seen this coming. I may have the record for "THE MOST ENIMIES" award. But I already knew about Misha.Misha was dangerous -I'm sure of it. He's eighteen. That doesn't make him dangerous, but I've seen his body shape. Let's just say one word: Muscular.

"You know we're hunting her down," Misha. Ithad to be him now. The voice of himwrapped in my head, making it known. "Soquit whining.Twelve are dead and we're half way through. You're lucky I haven't killed you anyway." I look back atFugy,trying to create nonoise. Fugy is sleeping, which relieves me. Ireally need to stop creating messes that he gets in to.

Aboom of a cannon startles me. I can tell is awakesFugy- and just to my fears - "Loren?" He gets up off of the branch and looks at me. My eyes are filled with terror, "What-"

"Look!" Misha's voice rings through me, and I grab my sleeping bag and stuff it into my pack, and do the same wih Fugy's. I take aflash light, and I jump down from the tree. Misha is getting up, and I shine the flashlight on him. I take out my knife, and I throw it, but Misha ducks, and runs to get to me. I pick up my pace, and Fugy is running as well. I can't see Fugybut I hear a knife in the air.

It whizzes past his head. I take a breathe, in relief, and I keep running. Misha is following close behind, but I don't think he has any knives. "Deln, can you get her?" Deln. The other girl's name. I thought Deln was younger, but I don't know. Fourteen, Maybe. Soon, I hear extremely fast feet, and I feel -

WHAM!

I'm tackled by Deln. "Ha. Misha, do you want to kill her?" I shut my eyes, and I take my legs, and I throw Deln off of me. Misha was behind her, his knife was drawn - and Deln ran into it. I didn't know where Fugy was, but I followed the crackling leaves. Misha was screaming after me, and I could defiantly understand why. I killed two. The cannon for Deln errupts through the air, startling me.

I'm so scared, I want to cry. I haven't dealed with anyone this - this vicious. Other than the Careers. But they WERE my alliance. So they don't count. My feet were tired, and I whizzed around, and my knife hit Misha in the foot, making him fall.

I had the flashlight, and I kept running. Misha was certainly angry, I can tell you that much. But he couldn't do a thing about it.

I actually felt sorry for him. I killed all of his allies. He didn't do anything to me. And, I bet he just . . . he just thinks of me as another bloodthirsty District Two.

I finally reach Fugy - but there's another surprise. A whole pack of Wolves - Muttations, standing around us.

I start to run, but Fugy screams. I turn to see the Mutts ripping his shirt apart, almost reaching his skin. I strike at them. One... two...three. It's no use, they all keep coming back. I'm not sure if Fugy is alive, but his cannon hasn't fired, so I guess he is. After I kill about 4 more, they're all gone, I think the Gamemakers have realized I'll just kill them all. Fugy gets up, but I try to convince him to climb a tree, but he won't do it. "If you don't..." What can I say? That I'll ditch him? And what does that make me? Better? Repetitive? Well, repetitive is all over me. I keep ditching my allies - for pretty bad reasons. "I'll break this alliance!" The words come out of my mouth as if I had no control of them whatsoever.

"No..." He seems surprised. Well, I guess he's only f0rg0t ab0ut me. "Y0u're n0t seri0us, right?"

I don't respond.

"Fine." I blurt out.

"I'm leaving." My footsteps crackle, and I take all of the stuff, and I walk away from him.

About a mile in, I think, "What have I done?"
♠ ♠ ♠
So she left Fugy! I BET YOU CAN DECIDE IF THAT'S A BAD DECISION. Well, what do you think? Comment and message!