Status: Completed and Ready For Reading!

The End; Always the End

The Hunger Games: Mine: Chapter Ten

Chapter ten:

The rest of the night didn't go well. It went worse than any other night I've ever hadbefore, but what are you to expect, it's the Hunger Games! I didn't know whatFugy was doing, or even if he was alive, but no cannons have fired. It's sad thatI left him, and of course, he thinks I'm a freak. A stupid, killer freak. A Career. That's whatI am!

If I hadn't felt so bad, I wouldhave hunted. I think I spent an hour thinking, but I realized I was too hungry. I decidedto bring all of my stuff, justin caseanything happened. What was really convenient was that I could fit all of my bags in the bigbag. And, lemme tell you, it's really big. I kept a knife in my hand at all costs. I'm aware (especially) Misha and the Other Tributes are out there. Alla. I haven't seen her, but I'mHappy about that.

I got two squirrels, which was satisfying, but I wanted just one more. I searched the woods, butthere weren't anything. Soon, I heard anoise. It was running. All of the sudden, I saw Fugyzip past me, and then theCareers.As soon asAlla saw me, she stopped, and threw a knife at me. I dodged it, and Istarted to run. "Maaden!" Allayelled. I didn't see Adscoper, which was surprising, especially since there were manydifferent things thathe could survive. But maybe his cannon was the cannon that fired last night when I was dealing withMisha, but then again, It could've been anyone.

I go back to another tree, this one different. I feel as if I need to huntMisha down. But why? I've tooken enough from him, and now, his life? His life? That's sad. And Mean. Misha is strong enough, anyway, there are sixteen dead, and he's still alive.

Do you know what's sad? It's when someone dies in the first day. It's like: What? You did all of that training for absoulutely nothing? It just sucks to die like that. But the bad thing is that if you get a higher score, more people go after you. In one Hunger Games I saw a little girl - twelve, get a score of a ten, and in that Hunger Games, none of the Careers got that much (the Careers weren't very tough in that one, that's why the Gamemakers were after them to kill more) of a score. And, you know what? She died because ten people went after her. I will say, she did kill like eight of them, but another person stabbed her in her back. I felt so sorry because I really wanted her to win. I mean, she's twelve! Isile said that she was "too nice". That's ridiculous, but Isile is mean and bloodthirsty.

Isile. Ugh. I'm upset and angry that she had to take after Dad and Maddilyn. When she was born, I was five, and I didn't really know much about the Hunger Games. I did watch them, but I had no interest. I remember Maddilyn - who was seven - had a scary interest in them, and it was when she was younger. I remember how I could see the happiness on Dad's face when she was yelling, "Go, Chalce! Kill that little District Eleven!" and, I also remember the Horror on Mom's. And I remember the very odd face on Dad when I was watching the Games. I didn't say anything, and sometimes I wouldn't look at the screen. Dad would sometimes slap me to watch it, and I remember crying when one of the Careers killed someone else. I also remember when Isile was super happy when the Games came on. I remember how she would talk way too much about them at ages 9-11. When she was 11, it was REALLY annoying. She made fun of me! She said that she was tougher than I was and she was 11. Do you see what I have to deal with? I'm happy to make My Dad happy - and, I really don't like to say this - but Isile and Maddilyn too. They love me, and they know it. But even if I do win, Mom will be mad at me, mainly for killing as much as I did, and when she gets mad, she doesn't talk to me for like weeks. It's because she doesn't like yelling or anything.

The night sky went up and there was Adscoper. I really didn't think of him dying this early, but if he got on Maaden's nerves with his plan, I could see why. Next was Deln, and the sky became blank. Three. That means the Careers didn't get Fugy. It's sort of a relief, but what if it comes down to us two?

No, not now. Maaden and Alla are still alive. If they're alive, it's a threat. Actually if any of them are alive, it's a threat. I think it's about time that they split up. I think there are three of them. But, ifI know Alla, she'll probably stab Malishi before she could say Made. Since Alla's such a threat, everyone is afraid of her. I'm not sure about Malishi because she really didn't seem scared - she seemed mad. And Alla knew that. But she doesn't care. So wait a second? There are many things she could do! - And why am I thinking about their problems? Why should I care? Maybe because it's really boring and I'm a bit tired.

I just have to forget about them, and fall asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is kind of Back-home family (Aww moments).