Status: Completed and Ready For Reading!

The End; Always the End

The Hunger Games: Mine: Chapter Sixteen

The water kept getting higher, which didn’t help anyone. I was scared out of my wits – or what you’d call scared that Alla would get her way finally by killing me. Her gaze met mine, but it wasn’t smiling like usual – it was fear. The water was getting so high, that I was almost sure we’d hit the limit of the arena at the top but we didn’t. It just stopped. I looked back at the other tributes and I shivered at the fact of killing them.

All of the sudden, Alla’s knife soared next to me, making me jump. “You’re really dead now,” She said, swimming after me. I kept swimming away from her until arms wrapped around my neck. I looked up, and there was Killer. Alla looked satisfied, and she was going to kill me –

Maaden’s knife dove into her back, making her fall, screaming. The terror increased as he kept stabbing her until you wouldn’t even know who she was. I looked at Maaden in fear, and Killer dropped me, and ran. I did the same. The horror increased when I saw Fugy stuck. He was surrounded by a bunch of trees and Maaden was flipping through them like they were popcorn. You can’t save him, I thought to myself. But I can. I owe him from saving me from Alla and Killer. He looked at me as if I were to save him.

That’s when I started swimming as fast as I can over to him. I ripped through the trees and made a path so he could escape. We swam as fast as we could, and Maaden was trailing behind. “You’re not going to get out,” Maaden taunted us, “This time you’re not escaping us.”

“Us?” I questioned. What was he talking about? He wasn’t – or isn’t with Killer, he was with Alla, but he killed her himself, and he really isn’t with me – only for about a night. Fugy – I really don’t think so because of his Limited abilities.

“Ever since you got that score you were such a threat. Alla wanted to kill you during your sleep the first night, but we said no. Just because you could be helpful. We all thought that you wouldn’t leave –or even have a plan. We were wrong. You had a plan of your own,” He took a breath, “So we all swore if we saw you, we’d kill you.”

I glared at him intently, almost as if I was trying to dent his skin. He put his fingers through his brown hair, “I killed Alla because I wanted to kill you and your little friend myself.”

I looked at Fugy. “I don’t want to make you vulnerable. You know I’m not going to win. Let me,” He said, looking to the borderline, I immediately sensed what was going on, and I quickly grabbed him and pulled him away.

“No, you’re not doing that. If you really won’t win – than at least stay here until someone kills you. But you have to promise to me something.

He stared at me before answering, “What?”
♠ ♠ ♠
SORRY IT WAS SHORT. It's ending, but guys, I am going to re-post the second book. I haven't posted today on Quizilla . . . well that doesn't matter. I'll do it later.