Status: Completed and Ready For Reading!

The End; Always the End

The Hunger Games: Mine: Chapter Eighteen

Knives were in the air, I was already throwing them, and we were swimming and splashing. We couldn’t get away. I ducked a knife, and I fell into the ice. The cold wrapped around me, sending messages up my veins. Terror pulsed, and I didn’t know if I was dead. ‘You’re not dead.’ I came up, and Maaden was running on the ice, but all of the sudden, he fell in, well, if you’re two hundred pounds what are you to expect? The ice to hold you forever even if you stomp?

I didn’t see Fugy. Where is he? “Fugy!” I called. Maaden was coming at me. I ducked in the whole I made, and I kept swimming. Until I reached an issue. I tried to break the ice. I pounded, and I pounded. I felt so dizzy, I felt like I was dying. I have to break this ice.

“She’s as well as dead!” Maaden. All of my strength is going to put in this last push.

WHAM!

Maaden fell on me. His foot was on my face and I tried my best to escape. Maaden wasted all of his knives, and what he had was his bare hands. He kept dunking me underwater, making short of breath. “This is fun.” He said in my ear, “Don’t worry, I’ll put you out of your misery.” He let me go, and my arms felt like Jello. I barely got myself on the ice.

But this is what I saw. Maaden tackled Fugy. I tried my best to try to get up, but I really couldn’t. I couldn’t even say Fugy because I was shocked. “This is long overdue,” he put his hands on Fugy’s neck, as if the death was near, and what escaped my lips was a scream of terror. Fugy looked at me, eyes wide, and his neck was snapped.

I screamed even more. His Cannon fired, and Maaden and I were the last ones in the arena.

“Maaden!” I screamed as I tackled him.

“Releasing your wrath?” He questioned, mocking me. Anger rose up in me, and I slapped him in the face. “You’re not going to win.” He said. “All along, you let other people take care of you. Fugy saved you so many times. . .” his voice trailed off. “We let you in our alliance. Heck, you killed so many people.” He grinned, “Face it, you’re a born Career.” I punched him. “And that will help? Just makes you more of a Career. I bet your Daddy is happy,” He taunted.

“How do you know?” I asked.

“Funny thing. How could I know about your ever most personal things? I’ve done my research, don’t you worry. How would I know that Trishia hated you ever since she saw you? How would I know that Alco was jealous of you? How would I know that Alco had a crush on you? How would I know that Yaya and Josh were planning to kill you, until Misha showed up? How would I know that Misha didn’t want to kill anyone? How did I know that Misha wanted to act tough? How did I know that Deln really looked up to Misha? You don’t know it, but I have more of my strategy than I do killing. You see, that’s what it would look like. I didn’t have a single bit of it.”

“It was just kill, kill.” I murmured.

“Yes.” He said, grimacing, “it was. And whenever I did anything, I got close to them. You see, Alla was ‘close’ to me. That’s how I managed to push her into thinking that I wasn’t going to kill her. I would’ve killed Malishi. When I killed Adscoper, I taunted him. I told him about his lost family, how his sister would die. And that’s how it happened. And, I killed a couple of the dead ones the first day. I actually took one of the tributes hostages before you came along, and I taunted them.”

“So that was your dirty work.” I said, “Everyone thought of you as kill, kill. You had a good strategy.” I said. I drew my knife, and I looked at him, “But I killed District six. I killed Deln. I killed Trishia. I killed Alco.” I grinned as if I was bloodthirsty. It felt so sick doing that when I really didn’t want to kill them. District Six, I wasn’t sure. Deln. She was going to kill me. Trishia, it was a test to see if the Careers would care. Alco would kill me. And, I saved Fugy. I am a killer, and the reasons aren’t enough.

I took several deep breathes, and I stared at my knife, then at him. “Do it. Scared.”

“I’m not scared!” I hissed.

I raised my knife.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well. I'm posting next. THIS IS CRAZY!