Status: Completed and Ready For Reading!

The End; Always the End

The Hunger Games: Mine: Chapter Nineteen

It was scary. I didn’t want to kill him – no. “Bye,” he said in my ear. At first, I was confused, but then I realized there was no escape for him. I stabbed him in the chest, and I fell back.

“No, she just fainted. She’ll be OK. I promise. It’s happened before.” They paused, “What will be the consequence, though?”

“I have no idea, really.” Another pause, “It’s truly defying them. But really? They can’t kill her. If they do, they won’t have a victor. But it doesn’t matter what they do – as long as it fixes the uprising for District 1.”

“What can they do to her to make it better? If they kill her, the uprising will be worse. Anyway, there have been plenty of rumors that District Ten is part of it, too. And, we can’t afford to blow up another District, let alone 1 or 10.”

“I know. But I must leave, she’ll wake up and she mustn’t know about what has happened here.” The persons footsteps follow, and they leave the room.

“Acrostica?” I whimper. “What’s going on?” I can’t see very well, but my eyes clear into focus. A – hospital? Why am I in here? Is everything alright? “Why am I in here?”

“Well, I ought to not tell you,” he said. “You must watch the Hunger games from Last Year and compare to this year.” He paused, “Or you can just watch this years.”

“This year.” I replied smoothly.

Acrostica put in the tape, and left me in the room alone so I could watch it. The Cornucopia, I see Maaden cut off the head of the girl from District nine, and the boy tackles him. All of the sudden, the boy becomes motionless and falls off of his back. It was Killer who killed him. I watch in horror as I see Alla killing different people – I really can’t get a good look at the District. That’s when I see the Career pack forming. And, I see the District six that I killed go into the woods. The Careers, Trishia, Alla and Malishi so far. Maaden catches up with them. “Where’s Loren?” he asked them.

“I have no care where the little beast is and I have no interest.” Trishia replied. So that’s why. Trishia really didn’t like me. Maaden was right. “Anyway, it’s not like we need her.”

Then, Alla spoke up, “Yes, but still. We need her to catch things for us. We can take advantage of her. Did you see her running out of the Cornucopia?” a cannon erupts the arena, probably district six. “She had four bags. Four! That’s got to help us, so I think she ran that way,” Alla pointed to where I took off.

“Yes, but couldn’t we try to do a thought out plan?” Adscoper asked, “I think I’d do well. Trishia as well.”

“Be quiet!” Trishia hissed, “You know I hate technology!” that’s surprising, but she’s quite bloodthirsty when I recall this. They set off into my direction, and that’s when I jump from the trees.

We find base and we sleep through the night. I see Alla, while I’m sleeping take a knife, and look at me, but she hesitates.

The Camera flips in the morning to where Killer is. His foot is bleeding, and there is Misha. “Please, Miller, I don’t want to hurt you.” Killer let out a grin, and then wiped it off of his face.

“My name is Killer!” he snapped. He flung towards him, and the camera came to Yaya before she died.

“Josh, I’m scared.” She said. “What if another tribute is here, or worse, the Careers? Loren and Maaden scare me.”

“Really, don’t worry. We have some weapons to defend ourselves. And, we survived the Cornucopia, and all of the Tributes were there. Please, don’t worry.”

“I’m still nervous.”

That’s when they show us finding Adscoper, bloody, and all of that. Then, Josh’s death.

After that, it doesn’t even show me sneaking from the Career pack. It shows District eight guy. I fast forward, and keep doing it till when Maaden kills Alla. After that comes Killer’s death. Then, what I fast forward, Fugy’s death. I see when I pin Maaden down, I stab him in his stomach, and he stabs me in the arm. And the Hovercraft picks us up.

I quickly shut the TV off. I defied the Capitol.

I let Maaden survive.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK, the last chapter is the next next one. Then, I'll post as much as I've written in the second one. Then, I'll get off.