Status: Completed and Ready For Reading!

The End; Always the End

The Hunger Games: Mine: Chapter Twenty

I let out a yelp, and nurses came running in seeing what was wrong. “Are you OK?” a male nurse asked me. I glared at him and I took a deep breathe.

“I’m fine,” I grumbled, “You nurses aren’t like the ones at my district. Get so worked up. You guys, really?” I asked, trying to sound calm, but I really think I failed epically. But you know they take my word for it. They leave the room muttering things under their breathe about my stubbornness, and how I’m so carefree. Oh trust me; you’ll know that I’m not. I always think about something that sometimes doesn’t matter. Like the whole thing with the alliance between Miller and Alla. And I really should’ve thought more about Maaden . . . with his little game he has. I really would’ve never seen that coming. Really, a Career even thinking something different from ‘kill everyone.’ Honestly. It’s not very . . . I don’t know! It was weird about him.

But if Maaden’s alive, wouldn’t that mean he was in trouble too? I mean . . . it really wouldn’t be fair. Really? I feel like a seven-year old saying that. It’s not like they favor him . . . but what do I know? I really don’t know if we’re in the same boat. If anything they’d favor him because they took a enjoyment of trying to kill me. I don’t know why they did. It’s kind of what they do to every Career. Well not everyone, they just pick out one of them and ignore the others really until the final 5 or something. I’m not sure. But I hope Maaden’s quite proud of himself for pulling that stupid move.

Then someone was at the door. “There’s someone here to see you.”

“Come in then.” I said, grimacing. I looked at the door, and there came in Maaden Walker.
♠ ♠ ♠
Maaden's alive . . . and it's not Loren's fault that she's in trouble. NEXT CHAPTER IS LAST!