Status: Completed and Ready For Reading!

The End; Always the End

The Hunger Games: Mine: Chapter Twenty-One

I started to feel pressured to do something – throw a brick, spit, or yell. But I stood there like an idiot, and I said nothing. Maaden started grinning making me want to hurl. “What are you doing here?” I finally spit out.

“To see the queen,” He mocked.

I scowled at him, and he edged back in a sarcastic way, and said, “I’m not the one in a hospital bed,”

I almost jumped out of the bed, but the nurses knew that would happen, and they were prepared. My chest flung back, and I was locked into place. Ugh. Really? “What do you want?” I asked.

“That’s what you ask? After everything that’s happened?”

“Well, you know I’d rather not talk about that,” I grumbled. “Anyway, what are you doing here?”

“Ah, I know that, but it does make a good point. And what I’m doing here” – he looked at the nurse – “Privacy, if you will?” the nurse scowled before turning around and leaving. I don’t know what it is about them. They’re really not very warm whatsoever. “I have to talk about the President Snow issue.”

“It’s not my fault.” I mumbled. “Anyway, what were you to expect? Him to let you pass scot-free? You got both of us in some serious hot water. And it’s your fault. You did this to me.”

“I know.” He rolled his eyes, “That doesn’t matter. That’s the past. This is now. Anyway, who knows what he’ll do? Because I’ve heard about the uprisings, and the Capitol thinks it’s our fault. We need to fix this. It may be my fault, but you’re in it too.” He had a strong point, but again, I wasn’t quite convinced that he was to be trusted. He really could do anything. After what happened in the arena, what should I expect?

“How do I not know you’re scheming about killing me or something?”

He simply laughed and went to my ear, “You don’t.”

“You see my point.” I replied, grimacing. “But whether you like it or not, you’re in way more hot water than I am. And I won’t dare let that get past me and don’t you dare expect me to trust you. Whatever he does, you’re going to get it worse. And it’s not going to be by him, because when we get our punishment, I’m going to make it 100x worse.”

“Don’t be like that,” He said with a grin, “Because I know the punishment.”

“And what is it? And didn’t you tell me that you were worried?”

“I am. Because we have to go into the quarter quell.” My stomach churned. He must be right. The 99th hunger games. Hundredth next. Oh, no!

“It really can’t be!” I yelled. “That’s the worst punishment!”

“That’s president snow.” He replied with a grimace. He left the room leaving me speechless.

I am going back in the Games.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, she is going into the Games. I'm posting the second one in a second