Status: Completed and Ready For Reading!

The End; Always the End

The Hunger Games: Mine: Chapter Two

Chapter two:

When I wake up, I moan. It's training. Does it really HAVE to be training??? Iget up, and I look into my closet. I find my training outfit, and I put it on. It's comfy, which I know why, but I really don't want to do training. It's sad that they make us stay in the same room with people we're about to FIGHT TO THE DEATH WITH! It's just really sad.

I'm pretty upset when I see them, especially Maaden. He really doesn't seem warm, and I heard they're making a Career pack already. I'm practicing throwing knives, and Maaden comes up to me. "You're really good at that, and many different things, 2," he says to me coolly.

"I have a name!" I snap at him. Why should I be talking with the enemy? He's not my friend, or even ally yet. I really don't care if he thinks he's going to compliment me to get me to spare him, I'm not. It's not like I'll kill everyone at the Cornucopia. But I know what they're doing. It's not like I'm stupid.

"Ok then, name. Let's cut to the chase, do you want to join the careers?" He didn't seem warm. I really don't want him calling me "name". But, I don't know if I want to join the careers. It would give me the relief of not being hunted by them. But, the careers are demanding, and not always trustful. I've seen different Hunger Games where they've killed each other in their sleep. I mean, wouldn't that be the easiest way?? But, I don't trust him, and how will I trust the others??

"Fine," I say, but I'm not sure if I can. I may not find them, in the whole arena! But if I didn't find them, would they hunt me down realizing that I would try to kill them??

Training goes well because I'm really good at all of it. The careers also do well. There's this girl named Alla, who, isn't very nice, but is still in the careers alliance.

But who really catches my eye is Fugy. He really doesn't know what he's doing. He can't do any weapons, and I feel really sorry for him. He's really struggling. I wish he could at least throw a knife. Or maybe something else. Everyone else has one talent, even if it's not weapons.

After training, I'm really tired. I fall asleep, still wondering if I made the right move for saying yes to the career tributes.

___When she wakes___

Oh wow. Another horrendous day of training. The training is the same, but we don't focus on weapons. He focus on plants and muttations. The same thing with Fugy, he's not really excelling at anything. I'm really nervous for him, and considering an alliance.

But how? I'm already ally with the careers and if I say no, will they try to kill me? Maybe when we break up. But what if I'm not alive then? What if Fugy isn't alive then?

OK, I'll make a deal with myself. Whoever I find first, I'll keep my alliance. I walk over to Fugy, who is trying to decipher nightlock from blueberries, which is a little sad. "Hey, Fugy," I say to him, trying to be as warm as possible.

He looks up at me, shocked. "But..why are you talking to me? You're a career."

I twist my hair. "Well....I was wondering if you'd want me as an ally." I say. His eyes light up. He seems in his own world.

"Yes! Of course!" He squeaks.

"Thanks, I'll see you."

I go back to the apartments, happy with myself.

Today. The last day. It's really induvidual scores today. I can't believe it. They shortened the days. Plus, I have interviews today after my scores.

There is a room we sit in, where the seats have our names on it. I sit in mine, and it doesn't take long because I'm from district two.

"Cohan, Loren," I hear a Robotic voice say. I walk into a room, with knives and bows and arrows....and more. The Gamemakers make me go to every station, and I'm very happy to say this, I think I did well. After that, I go back and I wait quite a while. Finally, they call it on.

I'm not very surprised when Maaden gets a ten.

Then I hear my name "With a score of....12!!" The room errupts into happiness. I really couldn't believe it, and same with others.

"Shh!" I say. "Alco's score!"

"And Alco with a score of....7!!" We're pretty happy, and we turn it off.

LATER

"Is my dress ready?"

He takes out a dress that's beautiful. It's silk, with real gold, it's very long, which makes it even more beautiful. My eyelashes are gold, and so are my shoes.

My Interview. I watch as how the people from district one are charming, but still very ignorant. "Loren Cohan!"

"So, Loren, what do you like about the Capitol?"

"The apartments." I smile at the crowd and they melt. "Especially my room. It's wonderful, the weapons are made of real silver, and I realize I'll use those!" It's disgusting to actually praise the Capitol, but I feel as if I have to, because it's their interview.

"Are you excited about the Hunger Games?"

"Of course! If I win, I'll get so many riches, and I'll live in a wonderful village where others have also been in." I stop. "Do you like it?"

"Yes, I do."

The interveiw ends, and I realize it's time for me to go to bed even though it's 7: 30, but tomorrow is the Games. I have to keep my strength.

I go to sleep, but I feel as if I'm already dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sowwy . . . I messed up. This is chapter two, not CHARACTERS. I'm dumb . . . I know.