Status: Completed and Ready For Reading!

The End; Always the End

The Hunger Games: Mine: Chapter Seven

Chapter seven:

I quickly get fugy down, and him and I start running from the careers. I can tell he's pretty scared, you can see it in his eyes. Well he's probably not the best choice, but he's better trusted than the careers. They're just there to kill the others - then each other. It's been going like that for years, and no one could stop it - even the Capitol.

My feet start to ache, and I can tell Fugy and the Careers are very tired, "Climb a tree," I whisper to Fugy. He nods, and looks for a strong tree. I look around as well. There aren't many sturdy trees. Then, I see a perfect one. Fugy knows as well, and he jumps to climb it. I will say, it took him longer than I expected, and I was almost caught by the careers.

When we were both in the tree safely, we were breathing heavily. The Careers were under the tree, also breathing heavily. Alla looked up at us. She took out her knife, gritting her teeth. Maaden saw her, and he reached for her hand, "Don't. She could throw her knife faster than a rocket," he said. Was that a compliment? I could see Malishi's glare, at Maaden and me. She's just jealous. Plus, they can't win together so why bother?

The careers start running, and I figure it's now or never. I throw my Trishia, and it his her foot. I was aiming there, because if they helped her I wouldn't have to kill her.

They didn't even look at her, and I wanted to cry. I just can't. I take my knife, and I throw it. It hits her in the chest, and I whisper a soft "Sorry," and the cannon fires. I let a tear escape my eyes as the Hovercraft comes to pick her up.

"Are you OK?" Fugy asks me. I turn to scowl at him, but I wipe it off of my face. He's not a Career. He is, but he's different. He is way better than all of the Careers, even better than me. he can't throw knives, he can't determine plants, but he's kind. The Careers are arrogant, but he is not. The Careers are bloodthirsty, he is not. The Careers are mean, he is not.

"I'm fine." I choke out. I bet my Dad's real happy with me. Probably for being stupid enough for killing my own tribute. Or what he thinks to be brave. Mom is probably the opposite of him. Even if I don't win, Dad would still brag off. That's one reason I'm trying to win so I can prevent at least some of that. If I was to die, I'd want Fugy to kill me, but then again, he'd probably die before I die.

My thoughts are interrupted by a scream, and my instincts kick in. I jump off of the tree, and I run as fast as I can, and I see Pliady, and they're dead.

But I see Miller - or I mean Killer -

I let out a scream as a knife puzzles towards me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy :) Remember, I'm going as fast as I can.