Status: Trying something new :D COMMENTS PLEASE! updating may be slow

One by One, They Fall like Dominos

Whammy's

"Little girl? Are you lost?" a gentle man's voice breaks my thoughts.
I look up at him through my wet hair and shake my head, looking back down at the wet cobblestone beneath me.

"Where are your parents..?" he asked, concerned.

I clench my fists and stand, glaring at him.

"Well, my mom is 6 feet underground, head bashed in and cut up good. As for my father, hell if I know, but if you happen to see him, tell him that I HATE him for what he did to her! For leaving me all alone!" I yelled, tears welling in my eyes.

The man didn't faze but I could see sadness in his eyes. He held out his hand.

"Would you like to live somewhere safe and warm? Somewhere where you wont have to worry about your father anymore?" he said, kindly.

Hesitently, I took his hand. He led me to an expensive looking black car with tinted windows. He opened the door and I climbed up onto the seat, my wet, muddy clothes ruining the baige leather and floor mat. I bit my lip and looked up at the man. He smiled.

"Don't worry, little one. It'll wash out." he said as he closed the door and got into the driver's seat.

He started the car and pulled away from the curb. I stared down at my folded hands placed in my lap.

"You can flip through the radio stations if you'd like." he said, smiling.

I smiled softly and pressed the scan button on the radio, listening for a song that seemed appealing to me. I stopped on soft music that was all instrumental. I recognized the sound of a piano.

"Do you like the piano?" the man asked and i nodded, smiling and listening to the beautiful sound.

After a couple songs played he broke the comfortable silence between us.

"So, little one, what is your name?" he asked, looking over at me.

"Yuumei...." I replied quietly.

"Pretty." he commented. "I'm Watari."

We arrived at a large mansion like building. There were kids everywhere playing. When we walked through the gates, lots of kids called a hello to Watari then fell silent as their eyes locked on to me. I shifted my gaze to the ground, hiding my face with my long, matted hair. Watari put a reasurring hand on my shoulder and guided me into the building and to an office where another man like Watari and a younger man were.

"Good evening Watari. My my, who's this?" the older man asked, smiling.

"This is Yuumei. Her mother was killed... by her father. He abandoned her and she doesn't know where he is." watari spoke softly.

I looked around, observing everything. I glanced over at the younger man who was staring at me, his large, panda like eyes full of interest. He wasn't too much older than I was. Maybe 17 or so. He was tall and very skinny. His baggy jeans and white long sleeve shirt hung loosly on his body. His spikey black hair stuck up at odd angles like he had just gotten out of bed.

"...umei? What would you like you're alias to be?" The other man asked.

"Alias?" i asked. "like, a fake name?"

"Yes." the man said. "everyone at Whammy's is required to have an alias."

I thought for a while before replying.

"Raine." I finally said.

"Raine..." THe younger boy said. "french for queen... interesting.."

he pressed his thumb to his lips.

"Well, Raine. I hope you like it here. I'm Roger. If you need anything, just come find me." he said smiling and shaking my hand.

Watari led me out of the office, the younger boy followed. The two talked casually until Watari's cell phone rang. He answered and listened, occasionally replying before hanging up.

"Well, I'm sorry Raine but I am going to have to leave you with L for now. L, will you please bring her to Laura and get her cleaned up?" he asked.

"Of course, Watari." L replied and Watari waved before walking toward the entrance.

"Alright Raine. Follow me, I will take you to Laura." He said, walking down the hall.

I followed, observing L. He was interesting.
I was definately going to want to hang out with him more.
END
♠ ♠ ♠
blahhhh! bad place to end but it's late and I need sleep :P I will hopefully post tomorrow

COMMENTS AND CRITICISM PLEAAASSSEEEE!!!