Status: I hope everyone enjoys this!

The Fire God's Bride

The Fire God's Bride

Annika’s POV:
I decided to sit by the window for a little while after I had changed for bed. I was beyond thrilled with Alessandra; Thomas couldn’t have chosen a better bride. It was awfully warm here in Madrid and I ended up in my lightest cotton nightgown after several wardrobe changes. The stars glistened in the night sky and the full moon cast a silver sheen over the slumbering city. The clay-like buildings and warm weather were very different from the cold weather and brick buildings that I was accustomed to. I felt my mind wander back to a previously discovered topic and my heart leapt for joy once more. I was pregnant at long last and the baby was apparently healthy and thriving. It was taking all of my self-control not to run and find Wilhelm to tell him the good news. However, it was Thomas and Alessandra’s time to be the center of attention and I needed to keep my promise to my future sister-in-law and keep my little miracle a surprise.
I hadn’t been sitting there long before I began to doze off. It had been a very long day and I needed my rest for the wedding ceremony tomorrow. A warm breeze wafted through the open windows, causing the cotton drapes to sway slightly. I felt a sense of peace and tranquility wash over me as I fought to keep my drooping eyelids from closing. It’s so warm, I thought to myself as I finally succumbed to my desire to sleep.

Wilhelm’s POV:
“What a day,” I exclaimed, stretching slightly and standing up from my chair, “I think I’ll be off to bed now.” Thomas smiled at me. “I think you’re not that tired,” he said, his grin stretching wider, “I think you just want to see if your luck has improved with conceiving now that you’re in Madrid.” I laughed and looked up at the night sky; the stars winking back at me. “Maybe,” I replied, “if Annika isn’t too tired.” Thomas stood up and clapped his hand on my shoulder. “Thank you both for being here,” he said genuinely, “I know it means a lot to both Alessandra and myself that you and Annika were able to make the journey.” I looked at him; genuinely surprised. “You know I wouldn’t have missed your wedding,” I said, putting my hand on his shoulder, “I’m your brother after all; I wouldn’t have missed this.” He smiled and enveloped me in a hug, which was also very unexpected. I hugged him and we stood there for a minute before he finally released me and walked with me to the door. “Goodnight Thomas,” I said with a smile as I walked out into the corridor. “Goodnight Wilhelm,” he replied, “make sure you give a good night to Annika.” I grinned as I proceeded to walk down the hallway. “I will,” I responded, reaching my door, “get some rest.” I watched as he nodded and closed his door.

My mind instantly switched from my twin to my wife. Annika must have been exhausted after all the excitement and our journey. I carefully opened the door and saw my wife asleep on the window seat. I smiled and, after stepping into the room and closing the door behind me, walked over to where she slept. As gently as I could, I scooped her into my arms, trying my best to keep her from waking. I walked over to the bed and threw back the sheets. I laid her down gently; making sure her head was in the center of her pillow. After making sure she was all settled, I went and got undressed and washed up. After I was done, I walked over to the bed and slipped in between the sheets beside my sleeping wife. I wrapped my arms gently around her waist and pulled her closer to me. A soft breeze swept through the room as I closed my eyes. I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect life.

Alessandra’s POV:
“Alessandra,” I flinched slightly, not wanting to open my eyes, “Alessandra, you’ve got to wake up.” I recognized the voice instantly; it was Annika. I opened my eyes slowly and blinked a few times. “Hallo there sleepyhead,” she said softly, helping me sit up, “you’ve got to get ready.” I looked at her, still half asleep. “Why?” She smiled and stood me up. “It’s your wedding day,” she replied, leading me into the bathroom, “that’s why.” That woke me up. I was getting married to Thomas today. I walked up to the sink and washed my face quickly. I was about to clean my teeth when I caught sight of Annika’s outfit and my eyes went wide. She looked absolutely stunning in a light aqua gown. Her diamond crown glinted softly in the light as she turned and smiled. “Don’t worry,” she replied upon seeing the look on my face, “you’re going to be the most beautiful woman today; I’ll make sure of that. I smiled. “Well then,” I said merrily, “let’s get to work.”

It had been almost 4 hours since Annika had started getting me ready and I was finally done. “Are you ready?” I nodded excitedly. Annika was smiling as she turned me around to face the mirror. I gasped when I saw myself. I looked absolutely amazing in my wedding dress; a cream colored gown whose top had been besieged by delicate red lace. My hair had been braided and pulled back into an intricate design, held together by a gold headpiece and pins. A golden veil had been placed right below the main headpiece and was brushing slightly against my arms. I had on my mother’s engagement necklace and what looked like flame earrings dangling from my ears. “You look like a goddess,” Annika mused, placing a bouquet of assorted red roses and flowers into my hand, “Thomas is a lucky god.” I had never thought I could look so beautiful. “Thank you,” I managed to whisper, a smile finding its way onto my face, “thank you for making me beautiful, Annika.” She blushed a little and smiled. “You were already beautiful,” she answered, helping me out into the hallway, “I just helped you get on your dress and jewelry and did your hair.”

She stopped me and placed part of my veil over my face. “There,” she said, making some last minute adjustments, “you’re all ready.” As we walked down the corridor towards a door, I became confused. “Wait,” I said nervously, “how are we going to get to the beach in Cabrils without flying?” Annika smiled and waved her hand, causing the door to open. “I’ll use my powers to teleport us there,” she explained as we neared the door, “it’s a lot easier.” I clutched onto her arm as we walked through the door and onto the sandy shores of my town. “Amazing,” I said with a smile. Annika let go of my arm and smiled. “Go find your father and get ready,” she said as she hurried off to sit next to Wilhelm, “we should be starting very soon.”

I turned around and saw my parents and grandparents rushing towards me. “Alessa, cara,” my mother exclaimed, throwing her arms around me, “you look so beautiful!” I felt so at home in her arms. “You look beautiful too, Mama,” I exclaimed as she held me out in front of her, “in fact, you all do.” My grandfather smiled as he stepped forward and embraced me. “Well you’re the most beautiful one here, cara,” he said as he released me into my grandmother’s arms. “Indeed she is,” came the sweet voice I knew and loved, “I’m so proud of you sweetheart.” I hugged her tightly; not wanting to let go. “Thank you, Abuela,” I whispered gently, “you all have no idea how much this means to me.” From behind me, I heard my father clear his throat. “I believe we’re ready to start,” came his soft voice. My grandmother let me go as she, my grandfather, and my mother made their way down to their seats in front.

“Are you ready?” I turned and faced my father, seeing unshed tears in his eyes. “I am Papa,” I murmured, hugging him tightly and then looping my arm around his. We began to walk down the beach, past the rows of people from the town. My dress drew gasps from most and smiles from all. I could see Thomas at the end; his eyes wide with amazement as I proceeded towards him. He looked incredibly handsome in a black tunic, matching pants and boots, and a black cape blowing behind him. His gold belt and crown sparkled and glinted in the sunlight giving off the illusion of being on fire. I hadn’t realized how handsome he actually was until this very moment. I was sure I was blushing beneath my golden veil.

I looked over to my right and there was my mother, dabbing away tears of joy as she watched me pass. I caught sight of Wilhelm and Annika smiling at me as I passed them. Wilhelm was dressed in a blue tunic, black pants and boots, and had a silver crown identical to the one Thomas wore sitting on top of his ash blonde hair and he had his arm wrapped around Annika’s waist. I smiled when I glanced at her stomach; I was the only one other than Annika herself who knew about the surprise miracle growing inside her.

A little nudge from my father brought my attention back to Thomas, who was now right in front of me. We stopped in front of the priest and I felt tears beginning to well up in my eyes. “Who gives this woman in marriage?” My father smiled. “I do,” he replied proudly, turning to me and lifting up my veil and placing it behind my head. “I love you, Papa,” I whispered as he kissed my cheek. “I love you too, cara,” he murmured, taking my hand. He turned me around and gave Thomas my hand and went to sit beside my mother. “You look beautiful,” Thomas whispered gently. “You look very handsome,” I replied, a surge of color staining my cheeks. The priest carried on his ritual but I couldn’t hear much of it; I was too lost in the eyes of my soon to be husband.

It finally came to the part where Thomas had to read a special vow to me. “Alessandra Valentina Christianna Vera Cruz,” he said gently, taking both of my hands in his, “I have died everyday waiting for you, I have loved you for thousands of years, and I will love you forever more as my wife, my lover, my friend, and as the mother of our future children. Will you take me as your husband, your lover, your friend, and as the father of our future children?” Those beautiful brown eyes gazed up at me; making no attempt to hide the dedication and love that shone through them. “Yes Thomas,” I replied happily, fighting away the tears that were slipping from my eyes, “I take you as my husband, my lover, my friend, and as the father of our future children and I will love you forever more.” Thomas smiled and slipped a gold wedding band onto my finger. I mimicked his actions and a circle of gold soon shone on his hand. “I now pronounce you husband and wife,” the priest said happily, “you may kiss your Goddess.”

Thomas didn’t have to be told twice. He tilted my chin up and I closed my eyes as our lips met for the first time. The kiss was gentle and sweet, but the passion was definitely there. His lips were hot and his kissing were like liquid fire; causing my heart to race and my body to cry for his touch. I whimpered when we had to break our kiss and turn towards the guests. Thomas wrapped his arm around my waist and led me through the aisles of people towards the village square. “I love you,” I murmured gently, looking up at him. “I love you too,” he murmured, kissing me once more, “more than you’ll ever know.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow this took a while! Next part will be up soon! xoxo!