Status: In progress

The Story of Ezrak

The Story

We are known as the blue-eyed people, or Ezrak. The second colony to be built, over eight centuries ago, right after Geq. My colony is built next to a large ocean on the east side, a long, wide, fish infested river on the west side. We live in the mountains, a long walk down to the either the river or the ocean, depending on where you live. Doesn't really matter. Both bodies of water are exactly the same, except one also has a food source.
Me, I live next to the river. When it gets dark it's easy to fall asleep while listening to the noise of the flowing river, fast at night, when the fish move most. Although I live much higher up than the river, it's still loud and clear, in my ears. In the west side, men take trips almost everyday to the other side, to gather food transported from Chevortastih. Our systems work very well. They are efficient and simple.
Geqopasnia, or Geq, they are the green-eyed people, legends saying they are most connected to the earth. They're the ones who grow all the greens, give all the flowers. It's the largest and most beautiful kingdom, from my my father says. I've never been out of my colony. Yes, you're allowed to, but it costs sixteen Koins to pass through each colony. It costs five Koins just to travel through if colony if you're transporting goods and resources. The Geq have tanner faces than my people do. Our skin is like the surface of the moon- pale, hard-looking, but soft. The Geq? They have skin the color of fresh wheat, with dots on their faces, which I once read are called freckles. The Geq live in the hills, which you can watch over from the highest peak in my colony, Sun Peak. It's at the very top of one of our mountains. It's a beautiful sight.
Chevortastih, the grey-eyed people, live in the dark yet shiny, glassy texture caves. They're most connected with fire, and my father said some special people from there have a connection with the jewels found in the caves, where more luxurious items are bought. My father says when you walk out of these caves, the sunlight shines so bright directly on you, it's like it's greeting you from a lifetime of living in the caves, which are tall but slim, some even wide enough for five families to fit in. Chevortastih people generally have skin the color of an old goat, but incredibly smooth and soft. They are said to be quiet, unlike the Geq, who are supposedly talkative. My colony? Some are different. Some like to talk. Other choose to keep shut. Like Zasnooke.
No one if supposed to talk about the now-extinct colony. From what I read, it slowly burned down, said to be set on fire but a random source. Burned every village in there, every tree, every substance of life in there. Some of the fire reached my colony, Ezrak, since we were bordered with them. Burned down six houses, but it's all built back and renewed now. Now, there's a tall wall right on the border, that nobody can pass. There are no guards, though, not that we need them. Not only is the wall impossible to climb, but nobody would be moronic to try to cross, anyway. The Zasnooke were the brown-eyed people, connected to the earth. They had the tallest, most beautiful trees out of all the colonies, and had many ponds and bugs that kept the ecosystem running.
My named is Vitora. I'm the third child in my family of just five. I have two older brothers, Lekatos and Daxo, and one younger sister, Fayre, and another brother, this time younger, the youngest of us all, Jerecatwa, named after my last great-great-great grandfather. My ancestor built my house, big enough for my family. We live right on the edge of our mountain, which I secretly named Vitora Mountain, so my great-great grandfather built a fence around the edge to keep the kids from falling off. My great-great-great grandfather had two daughters out of eight boys, and they both fell to their death playing a game of Catch-the-Ezrak late one night.
My parents are Maxo and Dew Nimphetick. That's how Daxo got his name, merged from my parents. All of us kids were named after something. I was named after a favorite character from a book my father read when he was younger. Lekatos was named after a great warrior that lived three centuries ago. And Fayre, she was named after a rare plant that disappeared a few years ago. It was yellow, like her hair, and the stem was fuzzy green. It, though, was a poisonous plant that could kill a person in less than a minute if touched by bare skin. But it was still really pretty.
My father, like every other man in my colony, transports goods from my colony to the next, to the next and back. He's even been to Zasnooke. But he has also written books, three in total. He is a patient and kind man who has never done anything wrong.
My mother catches fish and sells it to get us Koins. She also cooks it for us to eat. She is strict but also believes in rewarding you if you truly deserved it.
That's all I can tell you about the colonies and my family. You have to read the rest to find out. I want to be an author like my father, and that is why I am telling you my story.
The Story of Ezrak.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just the beginning... hope you liked it! It was just some simple backstory, not exactly the first chapter. Like an into chapter! :D Haha the next chapter will be posted some time later, haha :) Keep reading!