Status: finished!

Along the Horizon.

eleven

I slow the car to a halt outside his house. What was going on? I looked at Logan for answers, but he looked just as dumbfounded as I felt.

"I thought you said no one would be home tonight?" I asked in a whisper.

"Yeah, that's what I thought. My step dad normally works in the night shift," something about his sentence sounded unfinished.

"And your mom?"

Logan shakes his head and exits the car, "Come on."

I pull the keys out of the ignition and rush to catch up to him. His long strides are no match for my short ones. Logan waits for me at the door though. I can tell that he has grew inpatient.

With me by his side he bursts the front door open. Impatient is now replaced with anger. The cop in the living room is startled by our entrance.

"Are you Logan Wheeler?" He asks in a formal tone.

"Yeah, that's me. What's going on?"

The cop gave Logan a look of complete dejection. "Son, your mother and father-"

"That son of a bitch is not my father," Logan interrupted.

"Excuse me. Your mother and her husband, Tom Booth, got into an altercation earlier this evening that turned physical."

"Where are they?"

As if on cue, a stretcher with a small, frail woman on it was being carried down a short flight of steps. Then you hear an argument break out from above us. Two cops proceed down the same flight of stairs with a middle aged man thrashing about with his hands behind his back in handcuffs.

Logan made a lunge at him, pure rage and hatred burning in his eyes. The first cop pulled him back by the shoulders, but Logan knocked him away.

"I'm going to kill you, you son of a bitch! I told you if you ever fucking touch her again, you'd be dead!" Though, the man in handcuffs was big, Logan seemed to tower over him. His hands snaking around the helpless guys neck, turning his face blue. The cops have let go of the man to be Tom Booth, and now their soul focus was on Logan.

"Son, don't make me tase you. Let him go." The first cop said in defensive mode.

"I'm going to kill you," Logan spit out through clenched teeth.

"I'll give you to the count of five," Another cop said who help assist the man down the steps. "One," Logan wasn't budging. "Two," I had to help him. "Three." Oh no, I couldn't watch. "Four."

"Logan, please. Please let him go!" I sobbed out, I hadn't realized that I had been crying. Rachel's make-up now ran down on my cheeks.

As if I had said the magic word, Logan put his hands in the air right before the officer said five. Tom Booth kneeled the round trying and failing to catch his breath. It was painful to watch each failing gasp for precious air.

"Mindy, we're going to need another squad car," the counting officer said into his walkie.

Logan was cuffed by the first officer and ushered back away from his step father. I couldn't believe the I was a witness to this. I couldn't believe that my boyfriend was actually going to kill somebody with his bare hands. The thought unnerved me, making me visibly shudder.

I could hear the other squad car approaching, pulling in the spot that the first car had vacated. The stretcher came in and Tom was rolled onto it, the EMT's placed a oxygen mask over his nose and order him to take dead and steady breaths. One cop escorted the crew out the door and left with for the hospital with them. I presumed so he wouldn't try to escape.

The last two cops turned the focus on still cuffed Logan. "Now, I'm going to uncuff you and look the other way about what you just did. It would be a wise idea to go to the ER, and check on your mother's condition. I'll be by there tomorrow to take a statement from her and I think you should be there to make sure she doesn't drop the case, okay?" The first cop explained everything.

Logan was still too angry to speak, but he nodded his head. The cop uncuffed him, Logan flexed his wrists instinctively and the men in blue uniforms were out the door.

We stood like that for a couple moments, both too shocked or scared or angry to move. I was the first to say something. "I'll take you to the hospital."

"No, you should go home. You've seen enough."

"You think I'm going to let you be alone?" I found enough courage to face Logan. He had a bewildered look in his eyes. I wrapped my arms around his torso. It was like holding onto stone. Cold, hard and completely lifeless. More tears sprang into my eyes, but I quickly batted them away.

Logan looked down at me while I looked up at him. I unhinged myself from around Loan's chest and brought my hands to his face, bringing him closer to me. I placed small kisses on his lips, feeling him relax. Logan slowly pulled me into a hug while he muttered, "Thank you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is another chapter.
I'm so happy that I've stayed with this story, and haven't gotten writer's block like all of my other stories.
Also, I'm sorry this one is soo short. I'll make the next one longer.
So anyways, I love you guys, keep commenting, reading, subscribing and recommending.

Cheers,
Morgan.