Status: finished!

Along the Horizon.

thirteen

I woke tangled up a vine named Logan. He looks so peaceful, totally disconnected from the world. Just hours ago he was telling me the secret that was kept between Rachel and himself. I held him tighter, in hopes that I could somehow squeeze out the pain he was going through. He didn't deserve that, Logan was a good person.

"Jesus, Ace. Easy on the hugs," Logan laughed lightly, pulling me on top of him.

"Good morning. Did you sleep well?" I kissed the corner of his lips.

"After that shit night, yes I slept pretty well. Yourself?"

"Same, I like cuddling with you," I beamed down at him before rolling off of the bed. "I should get out before we get caught."

"Okay, see you in a couple minutes downstairs?" I nodded my head and withdraw through the door.

I could hear my mom bustling around her room getting ready for the day. I scurry into my room and shut the door quietly as she is opens her door. I am wrapping my robe around myself when she knocks on the door.

"I'm coming in," mom says before opening.

"Okay."

She walks in slowly. "Oh, I expected to find Logan in here."

Oh if she only knew. "Nope. He's in his room. I'm about to go see if he is awake. Want any help with breakfast?"

"Hate to be rude to our house guest but Brady has a doctor's appointment this morning. Can everyone settle for cereal?"

"Cereal is always delicious."

I retrace my steps that I took moments ago back into Logan's room. He is pulling his jeans over his hips. he looks so hot. I slink over to him wrapping my arms around his torso, placing kisses on his chest.

"Good morning Ace," Logan says seductively.

Our lips find each others and fire ignites between us. Logan skims his hands over my sides, my hips, to my backside pulling me closer to him. I drag my fingers lightly over his chest before tangling them in his hair. I have never felt so strongly about anyone before.

"Cereal will be on the counter," my mom calls out.

Logan releases me from his spell binding hold. "Don't tell anyone about last night. Please?"

"Rachel?" I figured he would tell her, if he hasn't already.

"She doesn't count. Just no one else. I already took a lot of shit from people at school and I think they are finally forgetting it, and I want to keep it that way, please."

"I'm not going to tell anybody. I promise, Logan," I reach up and kiss his cheek lightly before taking his hand and heading down the stairs.

*

"So Brady, anything new about the stars?" Logan asked while we sat at the breakfast bar eating cereal.

Brady looked up at him then turned back to his cereal. He has become mute again. Part of me hoped that Logan could coax him into talking again but I knew it was a long shot.

"Not talking today? That's okay, sometimes I don't feel like talking either," Logan rustled Brady's hair before walking his bowl to the sink.

My mom made her way down the stairs and straight to the pot of coffee. She looked rush.

"Brady has a doctor's appointment today? It's Sunday," I questioned.

"It's at the hospital. They wanted to run some tests and this is the only day I have available. So they are making an exception, especially since I'm paying them double. Now come on Brady, we're going to be late. Logan dear, please stay as long as you need. I don't want you to be by yourself," My mom kissed my cheek while helping Brady off the bar stool.

"I'll make dinner tonight," I call after her as she is walking out the garage door.

I turn to Logan who is leaning up against the sink. He is dressed and looking presentable while I'm still in my fluffy robe, my hair regaining some volume.

"What time do you want to go see your mom? I could take you to the hospital or to your house. Whatever you want."

"My house, I'm not ready to burden you with meeting my crack head mother."

"I'll get my shoes."

*

It was slightly awkward in the car. Not even the catchy rhythm playing on the radio could break the silence. I maladroitly drummed my thumbs against the steering wheel, matching the beat.

I pulled up to Logan's house. As he opened the door I nervously put my hand on his thigh, stopping him from getting out.

"You'll come back to my house right?"

"Yeah, sure," He quickly kisses me then exits my vehicle and climbs into his. Logan is out of his driveway before I have the chance to tell him goodbye. I frown to myself. How was I going to fix Logan if I couldn't fix myself?
♠ ♠ ♠
wow, I haven't updated in forever. College sucks, I hate it. D: wah! okay, enough boohooing. This is a filler chapter. I don't know when I will update next, soon hopefully. I'm going to try to finish it soon. Like in the next 5ish updates. But don't worry, I'll be starting another story afterwards.

So that's all for now. Keep reading, commenting, recommending, and subscribing. <3

Cheers,
Morgan.