Status: finished!

Along the Horizon.

fifteen

Logan stayed over again, and again I slipped into the spare bedroom and wrapped myself into him, drift into the abyss of my subconscious.

I would wake up before anyone else, sneak back into my room and prepare for the day as if nothing ever happened.

Breakfast would come, Logan and Brady would cook while my mom and I got ready. My mom thought that Logan came down from the heavens, with the mouth watering food and breaking Brady out of routine every once in a while.

"Can I borrow some shoes and some jewelry?" My mom asks slipping into my room.

"Well I see you borrowed my blazer without asking so why ask this time?" I scolded, but the smile on my face told my mom I was joking.

"Well I knocked on your door last night to ask if I could borrow it, but you weren't here. I wonder where you drifted off to at eleven at night," Opps, I was caught.

"We weren't doing anything. I promise."

"I'll set up a doctor's appointment. I wouldn't want any unplanned pregnancies since your boyfriend is living with us."

"He doesn't have to live with us," my insides were crushed. I couldn't help but to feel like I let down my mom, broke her trust.

"Oh nonsense. My taste buds won't let him leave. And he is fabulous with Brady. You know how hard it is to find a guy that is that comfortable and patient with an Autistic child? It's hard."

"I'm sorry, mom," I frown. It hasn't been easy for her taking care of Brady without my dad's help.

"It's okay. You have sex I can handle. I just don't want to hear or see it. No more slumber parties."

"It's not like that. We just talk, then sleep. It's nice having someone to talk to that doesn't know your entire background."

"I understand. I'm looking for that too," my mom was talking about her date.

"How was your date?"

"It was good. Though, I felt guilty for being on it. He wants to o out again Friday."

"I don't want you to feel like that mom. It was just a shock for me. I want you to be happy. Happy like me. Go out with him on Friday."

"You'd really like him. He's funny and kind."

I smile slightly. I wouldn't like him. He would try to replace dad. Any man my mom dated would be a threat to me, a threat to the memory of her late husband.

"Breakfast is ready!" Brady is screaming from the kitchen.

"Who would have thought? Logan lives with us for a couple days and he has that kid screaming," My mom's light laugh has broken the heavy mood.

Breakfast is fabulous. Better than anything my mom has ever made. I eat every last bight of my spinach and mushroom omelet.

I have given my keys over to Logan. After a full Monday of begging if he could drive home from school, I gave in, letting him prove that he is a much better driver than I will ever be. He says I'm overly cautious. I have to be after what happened.

"So my mom knows about our sleep overs," I saw awkwardly.

"Oh?" I can hear the smirk in Logan's voice, though I don't dare to look at him.

"She is going to put me on birth control," Why is this so weird to talk about.

"Smart woman," He laughs.

"Not funny. I don't want my mom thinking I'm a whore."

"Oh Ace, you are not a whore. You've had sex with one-two other guys?"

"One, once."

"Definitely not a whore."

"Compared to you. I just feel like I'm disappointing my mom. She seemed really mad when she told me that she knew."

"I can always leave. I've stayed by myself before."

"No, I want you to stay. And my mom wants you to stay even more than me."

"Okay, when no more sleep overs."

"That's what she said."

"Smart minds think alike," Logan says as he pulls into the parking lot of the school.

Unlike regular teenagers, I didn't dread going to school. I liked being mentally challenged and I was starting to make more friends.

"You have such a unique style. I love your outfit!" A girl named Paige in my physics class whispered to me while working on notes. She was extremely ditsy, and upheld every stereotype there is on blondes. I don't know how she was placed into this class. She reminds me of my mom, before the death. That's why I tolerate her I think.

"Oh thanks, I guess."

"So what are you doing this weekend?"

"Oh nothing. Probably just have a lazy weekend with Logan and my family."

"How is it dating the Logan Wheeler. No one thought he would actually settle down. He's really something in bed isn't he? Like the best I ever had," I look at her shocked. She slept with my boyfriend. "How sorry is that weird? Us being friends and me knowing how good in bed he is."

"No, not weird at all," I say with sarcasm.

"So isn't he like the best?"

"I wouldn't know. We haven't done anything."

"Oh wow. He normally isn't a patient person. It normally happens on the first date. Are you celibate or something?"

"No Paige, I'm not celibate or something. I'm just not a floozy," My last sentence was directed at her with annoyance interlaced between my words.

"Well, I'd get on that before someone takes him from you," her words almost sounded like a promise. Was she really threatening to try and steal my boyfriend. Oh, how high school. Maybe I don't like Paige as much as I thought I did.

I sit at lunch in a funk. Spooning my now cold mashed potatoes. Logan felt my tension and lightly caressed my knuckles back and forth with his thumb under the table.

"Are you guys coming to my last game Friday?" Chandler brought me back to the present.

"I can't. My mom has a date. I have to watch Brady." I say bitterly.

"He can come. I bet he'l love it," Chandler smiled.

"I don't know. He is afraid of violence, and crowds, loud noises."

"I'll ask him. I'll tell him that i'll be right there with him the whole time. And if he doesn't like it, we can go home. He won't like it until he tries it," Logan smiled. I don't know how he saw an optimistic person in my brother.
♠ ♠ ♠
Damn, I'm on a role. Probably because I haven't even logged onto my online class, or opened a textbook. butttt, idgaf. So anyways, keep reading!

Cheers,
Morgan.