Status: finished!

Along the Horizon.

sixteen

Two weeks of meeting all these new people. Two weeks of this new place. That was all it took to fix my heart. I no longer felt the need to cry. I didn't block people out, or push them away. Instead I welcomed them with open arms and a warm embracing smile. It was all thanks to a cocky boy with problems of his own. I could not picture my life any other way now. Yes I would love to share all these new feelings with my dad, but he is currently in a better place, watching over me. Guiding me to make the right decisions.

I hear Chandler talking about a big win on the television from in my room. Of course it's one of his old little league home videos. they've been playing since yesterday after school, in preparations of the game on Friday, that Brady agreed to go to. The video idea was of course Logan's idea. He thought that if he saw the game and the crowd before hand that it wouldn't be as frightening. Also he was teaching him a little bit of football lingo. Another heartwarming thing Logan has done for this family.

I pull my hair up in a high pony tail, my curls flattened out. I tie a purple bandanna around my head and I'm ready for the game. Logan and I bought matching purple hoodies and well as bandannas for all three of us to wear tonight. Logan and Brady both in the purple hoodies and white basketball shorts and black converses, they look like twins.

"Ready to go? I think Brady is really excited," Logan pops his head into my room. "Even in a hoodie and shorts, you are still the prettiest person I've ever met."

I grin wildly at him. How did I get so lucky? "Yeah, let's go. I told Rachel that we would pick her up on the way."

*

"Okay B-man, if you don't want to be here anymore just tell me. We'll leave right away. I promise," Logan said while in line for the tickets.

"Defense!" Brady shouts.

I am linked arm in arm with Rachel who is sporting Chandler's warm up jersey. I watch from behind as Brady reaches for Logan's hand, gripping it tightly. Logan takes it without hesitation.

"Whoa, stop being so happy. I can practically smell the rainbows and butterflies," Rachel jokes.

"I love how Logan acts around Brady. It reminds me so much of my dad. It's amazing how well they have connected in such a short time frame. It amazing how well I've connected with him, with you, with everyone for that matter. I wasn't like this at my old school. I was the anti-social butterfly with the weird brother. Now I'm Rachel's cool side kick friend," I joke along with her.

"You are definitely not my sidekick, honey. You are a superhero all on your own," I know that she is talking about my relationship with Logan. How I've helped him in some way. I'm not sure how I've helped him, he's the one that has helped me.

We're in the stands, cheering on the game. Brady loves every bit of it. Especially all the attention he is getting with my friends, which is surprising because he doesn't really like people. Brady is on Logan's shoulders looking over the entire student section cheering on Chandler.

During half time, we wait in line for the concession stands. Brady between Logan and I, hand in hand.

"You're amazing you know that?" I cast a smile up at Logan.

"You bring the amazing out of me," He grins back at me. Logan leans down and kisses the top of my head.

*

Brady agrees to go to Ernie's with us. It just Logan, Rachel, Chandler, Brady and myself. Brady calls Chandler Baby Boy because that is what his teacher and Chandlers mom, calls him in all the home videos.

"Go Baby Boy you won!" Brady grins, slurping his milkshake as everyone minus Chandler laughs.

*

Chandler and Rachel go their separate way in Chandler's car. Brady is still wide awake and excited in the backseat.

"Brady, aren't you tired? It's way past your bedtime."

"No Acie, I'm not sleepy," Dad called me Ace, Brady calls me Acie.

"Don't be tired yet. I have another surprise for you guys," Logan smirked. He had something else planned?

"What?" I questioned.

"My lips are sealed."

Logan pulls up to the beach. The beach where my dads ashes were carried away by the sea. The beach where I confessed my secrets to Logan, and let him into my world.

He ushered us out of the car. He carried Brady all the way down to where the sand meets the tides. Setting him down he turns me to face the horizon.

"Don't look back okay?" Quickly he ruffled Brady's hair and kissed me behind my ear.

I took off Brady's shoes and socks followed by my own and I didn't dare look back. I focused the the blurred horizon in front of us. I didn't listen for Logan's return either. Instead I let the sound of the tides lapping at our feet.

"Okay turn around," I could hear the excitement in Logan's voice.

Logan was standing with his arms stretched wide. A checkered picnic blanket spread across the the white sand. Brady's telescope pointed at the stars. Tears stream down my face without knowing. Brady though, is bonding up to his telescope like he's found a long lost friend. It is a long lost friend. He hasn't used it since dads death.

"Logan," was all I could manage to say. I was speechless. How could someone with problems of their own care this deeply for a family that isn't even his.

"Brady find the Big Dipper for me? I've never seen it before," Logan whispers in Brady's ear.

He reaches out for me, wrapping his arms around me waist and twirling me around and around.

"You make me feel normal. And that is a really hard feeling for me to feel. I've only known you for nanoseconds, but I'm already in love with you," Logan murmurs to me in my ear after putting my feet back on the ground. His arms are still wrapped around me tightly.

Oh wow, love. Logan just said that he loved me. He said that I make him feel normal. My insides knotted up as butterflies fluttered freely. I kissed Logan gently, not bothering to wipe my tears.

"I found it!" Brady interrupts our sweet kiss.

I lie down on the blanket while Brady and Logan search for stars. Eventually, after what seems likes hours Brady and Logan down me on the blanket. After awhile, Brady's heavy sleeping breathing and the ocean waves were the only sounds.

"Because there's nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shore line no matter how many times it's sent away," I whisper softly.

"What?"

"I might push you away and you might push me away, things may get hard. I could go back into my shell and you could have a relapse. No matter what happens I'm not going to give up either. My way of saying I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
WOW! This was a big, heartfelt chapter. It's almost the end. D: But I'm starting another story soon. Give me ideas about what you want the story to be about?

Keep commenting, recommending, subscribing and READING! I have 17 subscribers, that's huge for me!

I love you all. <3

Cheers,
Morgan.